Advanced-Solo "trashloot" is an insult!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Payton, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Payton Active Member

PLEASE REMOVE THESE COMPLETELY USELESS DROPS FROM THE LOOT-TABLE! THANK YOU!
    Advanced-Solo should not reward you with trashloot you can buy for 1 copper at the broker! Advanced Adornment have no reason to drop in there, it's really insulting when you get them for the 100th time just to throw them away, or the tinkerer recipe. The food makes at least some sense, but serious players use crafted food with stat-increases anyway. My whole shared bank is full with these Demonicus steaks already...
    All the "Legendary" 160-gear that drops is at least good for transmuting...
    The only reason people run these is a TINY (3%?) chance for Fabled gear, and soon nobody will even bother to run these instances AT ALL anymore. It's just not worth it with that loot.
  2. Uberfuzzy Member

yeah, the steaks, and mudslides, and the other one need to go, they were a joke back in the skyshrine loot tables.
    the adorn10 is dropping like candy out in the world, no idea why this was in the "end loot" table at all.
    i think some of the temp adorns might be useful for some people, so not going to question those.

hell, give us an a chance (i'm not even asking for a 100% time, just a chance) for an obol, and a rare (fabled percentage) at a greater spirit, and a super rare (mythical level) chance at the named essence.
  3. Buffrat Well-Known Member

The 5% potency temp adorns are best in game.

By like, a long shot.

It should drop those more.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

Honestly, I've long since reached my threshold for doing those solo instances. They could be handing out 50 dollar bills at the end, and I don't think I'd find the time for it.
    Kalderon and Estred like this.
  5. Le Clown Active Member

tl;dr but +1 pic
  6. Uberfuzzy Member

Why are you keeping them? Destroy them before you even leave the zone.

I think I kept a few of the speed totems around for the few random alts that needed a bit of crack in their diet
  7. Rutaq New Member

Maybe they are holding off improving the loot table until after they fix the "creative use of game mechanics" that lets multiple (more than 2) hit the chest at the end.
  8. Koleg Active Member

AND make the actual 'loot' tradeable to atleast the people that were in on the Kill....

I looted a Primal Int Robe on my Healer account and my Summoner standing right next to the boss they just did 90% of the damage on when killed could only watch in horror as the healer muted the red slot upgrade ... WTPH!!

FIX-It (tm)
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  9. SteelPiston Active Member

I like her Loot Chest. You don't get many of those to the pound. I just updated what I want for Christmas this year if Santa can fit her on his Sleigh.
  10. Uberfuzzy Member

Actually, (you will hate me for this), the loot IS flagged as tradeable (the standard 48hour heirloom/no-trade window), but the pre-equiped adornments are NOT.
    But remember that "Any flags on the adorn are mushed with the item" (such as if you put an heirloom adornment on a free trade item, the item is now heirloom)

Due to this, the tradeable item is rendered as untradeable since it came with a non-tradeable adornment.

This effect was /bugged each week in beta, and each week since since launch. nada on fixing yet.
  11. Arieste Well-Known Member

TBH, if people are unhappy with the current state of loot from solo instances... if they don't like the fact that they are already getting legendary and raid quality gear out of these instances.. if they aren't happy and want even more.. then i suggest...

You replace every single non-legendary drop in solo instances with "Obol". No more, no less.

Seriously people.. we already lucked out because some developer screwed up and put red slot gear into these instances. Is there no end to the complaints?
    Lempo likes this.
  12. Caethre Active Member

((
    Unlike the OP, I have no complaints, I accept some bad loot drops, some good ones, it's all in the dice roll.

But I have an alternative theory to you on the presence of the redslot fabled gear as rare drops in advanced solo instances. I believe it was put there purposefully.

It is rare, but provides a reward for persistent and hardworking players who happen to prefer gearing up by actually playing the game. The fact that it is by soloing is irrelevant, as soloing is as valid a playstyle as any other. I accept it should also be present in heroic instances, but that's not the subject of this thread.

I love the fact that those of us who play casually and want to play to our own login times, but actually want to GEAR UP BY PLAYING THE GAME, can get armour that is close to as good as those who get raid-quality gear using their wallet alone (via Krono, Plat and SLR from farmers).
    ))
    mague likes this.
  13. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I really like the 'better' gear that is possible to get in solo instances. It doesn't drop often enough for it to be game-breaking, but it's nice to have the chance to get it. Even mudslides, advanced adornments 10 and demonicus steaks are in the realm of 'dammit, maybe tomorrow'.

What IS annoying is: If that 'tomorrow' comes and a nice bit of gear drops, it's always for the other class, not for yours. I've gotten maybe 2 really good drops out of 100 runs, and both of them my SK looted fabled healer gear with a healer standing right there.

This is even true for the less amazing legendary items that are there. Make it like raid loot: You can trade to someone in the group, but only for a very limited time. If you the devs think making it no-trade discourages farming or SLR..just...LOL.

At least make this loot tradeable with people that were there duoing.
  14. Payton Active Member

This thread isn't at all about raid gear, it is about the fact that I got "Adv. Adornments #10 and Demonicus Steaks" last time I soloed Dreadcutter... totally useless junk for me. Kinda like adding insult to injury :)
    Anyway, since somebody brought up raid gear, I want to say that I am sick of people who say that only raiders need and deserve good gear, because raiding is a frikkin joke and requires less skill of the individual player BY FAR than soloing* or heroic instances.

*not the easy peasy questlines, but soloing ^^^ nameds, and heroic/epic stuff.

I must add though, that compared to other MMOs, the standard solo-content in EQ2 is a joke and way too easy, bordering on extremely boring.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

By definition of the terms you should not be Soloing ^^^ named unless they are Non-Heroic and Non-Epic. Even if you can a lvl 95 "no arrow" should be an equal challenge to a player. a ^^^ really should beat you more often that you beat it. The same can be said for a raid boss and Epic X4 ^^^ is scaled to beat 24 other players.

Please though go raid 4 Soulwell Drinal or Amalgamon and tell me how Mergok the All Tender is harder. Sorry to get snippy but raiding is not as easy as you think. EM-Raiding is as easy as you think, not HM. EM-Raids in CoE are a joke DoV beats out CoE for raid content by a long shot.

Also if apparently the Solo is boring and not worth doing, but the Heroic is even worse than Solo and EM-Raids are really boring... sounds to me like CoE is boring to many people. Now I congratulate Caethre for finding something in what I view as a sludge pile of an expansion to enjoy however if these forums are believed to represent generously spoekn 40-60% of the player base then there is an issue here. Player perception of how things are regardless of actual development can be a serious problem. Even if ST-Contested had great gear in the back of it, currently people hate ST-Contested because of
    1: Massive Power drains on every trash.
    2: Finicky Obol Quests that unlike the update notes, do not award Essences yet.
    *tbh I don't run ST-Con because last time I did, the drops were worse than when I just ran Wurmbones End (Advanced Solo)
  16. Arieste Well-Known Member

A bit off topic, but since you've brought it up in a number of threads now - i think you have some pretty warped theories about how people "gear up by playing the game". In my experience of both selling and buying things in EQ2, the vast majority of people who buy SLR raid gear, gear from crafters or other gear via the economy (versus "getting it themselves") do so because they've invested countless hours soloing and otherwise doing things to earn plat "at their own pace, on their own time".

The people who sell Kronos or SC cards are few and far between. Many more are the people who consistently take the time every 3 days to actually bother going down to PR to pick up their free 100p and who actually do those solo zones and crunch every legendary and sell the infusions and manas - or better yet convert them into adorns and sell those.

Your idea that everyone that has any amount of plat and wants to buy in-game stuff with is somehow cheating the system or "not playing the game" is extremely misguided. One of the greatest facets of playing an MMO, is that these games have an economy. If i want to have an awesome crafted item, but i'm not a hardcore crafter (or any crafter, i can't bear more than 30 seconds of crafting before hitting my head against nearest wall), doesn't mean that me buying such item from a crafter is somehow less "playing the game". I played the game, i earned the plat, i spent on something another person did that i didn't want to do. It's the very basis of social interaction. The same is true for people who don't have time to raid, but have time to do PR 50 times, or people who can't run HE 200 times until a mount drops, but can solo zones and sell adornments.

Saying that it's somehow "not playing the game" when you're earning money and buying yourself things from players that have worked to get them is like saying that i haven't earned the right to drive my recently purchased car because i didn't actually build it myself.
  17. Grumble69 Member

I'm missing something here. The items I'm looting don't have that flag listed. And if I try to trade it anyway, I get "this item can not be traded" (or something to that effect).
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

In AS zones you each (those players present) get Crates. Once looted you get your items... these items are not tradable even to the other who was present. I think that is what Grumble69 is asking for, that the Armor we get be tradable to the other kind person who helped them down an HM Mreglor the All Tender.
  19. Caethre Active Member

((
    Arieste,

Yes, that's all off-topic, but I will answer it. I will give it an answer in full as well.

You have mistunderstood, actually.

Buying and selling is part of the game. The economy is part of the game. A fundamental part. I am massively in favour of this, absolutely. I use it all the time, and so does almost every player.

Furthermore, people who work their little socks off ingame earning huge amounts of plat to buy items off the broker are not an issue at all per se. They are only doing what they need to do to achieve whatever goals they have set themselves, withing whatever playstyle that they enjoy playing.

At first glance, one might think that SLR is no different, and from the "innocent" buyer's perspective, who picks up the odd item which has failed to drop for them, or which they have saved specially for, it definitely isn't any different. These examples are not just "cheating the system", as you suggest that I think - that is far different to what I think. If I thought that, then I would think it of myself as well, as I have sometimes also bought loot sold in channels. Not often, but sometimes I have.

My issue with SLR is more philosophical than that.

Firstly, I really do not like pay-to-win, as a matter of principle. The fact that there are folks who do EXACTLY what I previously described is something I have an issue with. Why do I care? Because I don't want to see it in game at all, and I am prepared to say so at every opportunity regardless of opposition voices to the contrary. Krono is being sold for plat, and that plat is then being spent on SLRs, allowing players who have done zip all content to acquire things normal players who will not pay with real life coin cannot (or at least, cannot without relatively large effort). What next? Add HM raidgear to the marketplace? Is that ok too now? Of course the farmer guilds wouldn't like that as it would cut THEM out of the loop, but for the buying community it would be the same thing taken to the next level.

Secondly, I have also always felt that people who say "those who do not raid do not need raidgear" to be ignorant or deliberately obtuse. Why? Ever notice that the people saying it always have raidgear themselves? Ever notice that those same people are using that raidgear in solo and heroic content, to trivialize it? Ever noticed the expectation levels for PUG groups now have become far more than what is needed, but more like what is needed to clear whatever the zone is in 10 minutes or less (because the members all have SLR raidgear and don't want anyone who hasn't)? Nothing hypocritical there, no, move along. The reality is, if something is better, the way design works right now, it is better in all content, so groupers and even soloers will want the best gear they can get. It's not wrong - it's called human nature.

Now, the addition of raid-level-trash fabled as a rare drop from solo instances does help, as it is one step towards bringing the playstyles more in sync with eachother. The real step needed is to ensure that raid effects on raidgear only work in raids, thereby TRUELY making raidgear no advantage to non-raiding players.

Finally, many have realized over time that SLR is the main problem with the game. Outside the farming guilds, there are very few "pick up" raids anymore, and the reason for this is SLR. It is the "path of least resistence" to just farm easy zones with excessive plat (like PR you mentioned) and then just pay some farmer guild for your gear, rather than play the game as it is designed. So for non-raidguild players, SLR is absolutely now the path of least resistence.
    It is not the players' fault. They will just choose the easiest option, why wouldn't they?

But I'd wager immense odds, that the SOE Developers absolutely did not design EQII for players to just log in, solo farm old raidzones like PR, SOH, and a number of other places, multiple times per week over multiple alts, in order to amass plat, so that they could buy gear marked as Heirloom from farming guilds. Don't try to tell me this is intended game design - it just isn't.
    The question is: when are SOE going to grasp that nettle, upset the farmer guilds profitting from it, but close this loophole?

Because when it is done, people will not have that option and (gasp) will have to find the next easiest path of least resistence to progression in whatever playstyle they choose. At that point, the gear level would settle down to where it was meant to be for each playstyle again, and pay-to-win would not be one-tenth as effective.

Which might be a lot of non-raidguild players wanting again to form their own groups and raids and actually acquiring their gear by playing the game as it was designed. I can hope, can't I? I remember a few expacs back, there were PUGs and PURs being set up all evening, every evening, by many many players, and this created players moving from one playstyle to the next. It even benefitted the raidguilds, because some previous solo/grouping players got a taste for it and started raiding themselves.

I can sit on that cloud and dream, can't I? :)

Apologies for the de-rail response to a de-rail question.
    Payton and Moldylocks like this.
  20. Arieste Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head here in that the ability to sell Kronos and Station Cash Cards - in other words "out of game" items purchase with real dollars is absolutely wrong. The problem is not that you can use your plat to get nice items. The problem is that you can easily use $$$ to get plat. This is the part that never should have been intended (although it was very much intended by the DEVs)

We'll have to disagree here. I've played (and still actively play some of ) upwards of 30 different MMOs. EQ2 is one of only 3 of those MMOs in which I've raided and the ONLY game in which I've raided seriously. Basically, I play EQ2 for raiding and I play other games for immersion, roleplay and cool graphics or whatever other reasons. And even as someone that (in EQ2) is very much familiar with the process of obtaining raid gear, raiding, etc., when faced with the same situation in other MMOs, i never feel that "i must have raid quality gear". In games where i play very casually - just soloing, doings quests and pick-up instances, I'm more than happy with having the equivalent of "heroic/legendary" quality gear. I know that i CAN put in the effort to raid and get raid gear. I also know that if i wanted to raid toughest content in those games, I WOULD probably NEED to do that. But given that I CHOOSE to play those games casually and to mainly do solo and group stuff, I am perfectly fine with having the appropriate gear for that playstyle. And I have absolutely no issues with raid geared people in those games having better gear than me.

Sure, the game wasn't intentionally designed that way. But SLR has been in-game for ages. One of the lead developers personally told me at this year's Fan Faire that they were actually thinking of putting in an in-game system that would simplify SLR and make it an almost broker-equivalent (and also take a % of the money as plat sink). So developers are very much aware and (at least some) are quite supportive of it.

It is SOE Developers that among "great fanfaire" introduced the atrocity known as Krono to the game only months ago. What is Krono? Krono is an easy, SOE-supported way for people turn $$$ into in-game plat. Because station cash isn't enough.

If you think that SOE doesn't like the idea of people needing tons of plat to buy in-game stuff, you're being naive.

But back "not farming plat easily". The game is 8 years old. It takes a lot of plat - not just for SLR, but simple things such as arrows, potions and even adornments - to outfit a new character. Leaving some open doors for "unsupported" (read: "new, casual, solo, unskilled, etc") players to make plat to help them catch up to the veterans is probably a good idea at this point.

Anyhow.. because it was a bit up there. I'm going to repeat my main point:

The problem is not that you can use your plat to get nice items. The problem is that you can easily use $$$ to get plat.