Advanced-Solo "trashloot" is an insult!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Payton, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Kwikdeath Active Member

Pretty sure my shimmering star breastplate I looted from the x4 raid in Feerrot on my pally in 2005 (pre-dof) was tradeable, since I traded it (along with my other raid gear to my guild leader) after neriak was merged with kithicor and we got an unattune (I stopped playing post DoF for a bit, still miss Emerald Flame a bit tho, nice peeps... :) ).

You may want to check your facts so you don't sound like you are blowing smoke, because the original raid gear from EQ2 release was tradeable...
  2. Jalek Active Member

Always is a long time, there wasn't even attuning early on, that didn't appear until after the third or fourth tradeskill revamp when they wanted to keep a few crafters around.

My guardian did look pretty bad in the Robe of the Invoker I tried on while waiting on someone to buy it from me though. We also didn't have previews, it had to be worn to see.
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I agree and am against any kind of RMT in MMORPGs.
  4. Arieste Well-Known Member

Let's not turn this into a semantics argument. Because those "precise meanings" are that the items can't be traded after being looted and have nothing whatsoever to do with someone paying to loot the item.

Fact is that there is no meaningful "in-world" reason why a bunch of adventurers can't sell their plunder.

It's also baffling that you are 100% totally ok with someone having top end, best in the game loot and i quote you "without killing a single mob in any kind of zone" just so long as they bought that loot from a crafter rather than adventurer and it so long as it happens that it doesn't have an archaic tag that has long outlived its purpose and meaning.

You know, there are also other "meaningful" tags in the game, like "Fabled" which refers to loot that comes from Epic content. It sure has been a long while since that was anywhere close to true. You can't hide behind SOE's outdated titles for things in game. Look at what is actually going on and whether or not it's being supported or not. That's the TRUTH. Not a semantic argument over the dictionary definition of "no-trade" or "fabled".

Do you know for example the difference between a "Hallmark" quest and a "Signature" quest? Do you think SOE does? Do you think they care?

I agree with you 100% in that - yes, they should just get rid of those stupid no-trade and heirloom tags. The current itemization designer told us himself that he would prefer to do this as well (but it's complicated apparently, hence why they are considering just making an officially supported system for SLR instead).

I also agree with you 100% that it's an atrocity that people that haven't done anything in game to earn their plat are just getting it via Kronos and SC cards. But, SOE supports this and wants this to occur. So, we have to live with it. You're upset at this, I get it and i am too - very much so. But taking away the ability from those of us that actually PLAY the game and EARN our plat to spend it in a worthwhile manner in a healthy economy, just because you want to punish those that sell Kronos for plat just isn't the way to do it.
  5. Kwikdeath Active Member

I just think it is silly, SoE is losing out on a ton of money by not making the loot fully tradeable. Imagine how many people would be buying and selling Kronos if there were full sets of high quality gear on the marketplace.

For me, I would think that sig quest rewards, and some of the other quest rewards should be heirloom or no-trade, but really there is not much reason to have such crazy restrictions on gear (that many other games do not).

Really tho, in the end whatever they are doing is not working. The game is bleeding players as quickly as ever... If they could make all the loot tradeable and sell some Kronos, and that could pay for an additional Dev to create more raid content or fix the content we have I would be in favor of it, because really anything the prolongs the life of the game I think would be a plus. The current system they have is not working tho imho, based upon the population I have seen post-CoE.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

People aren't leaving the game because gear is no-trade... they are leaving the game for the most part because the expansion is pitiful compared to EoF/RoK.
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

At least i know he hates me ^^
    Exampel, did see some of those spirits, never won one (thank god they patched out the luck of getting one ^^)