Adornments

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Cluna, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Wanyen Active Member

Be the leader. Take input, evaulate, make decision, stand by it, measure it, pivot. At the end of the day, I agree with ya Sini, as that is what it comes down to. Like I mentioned earlier, it may be an inconvenience or annoying or quirky, but it really isnt that bad. I think, if we were to have it the other way, where all were seperate, we would appreciate this system more. How many times in recent history have any us groaned over seeing the umpteenth rune of no interest drop, when we were after armor, or vice versa. The mix is never perfect. In the system we have, we are given an opportunity for choice. Choose the rune, the item, or both. It is actually more generous than they have been in the past, IMO.
    Sini likes this.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

lol what? So between 3 pieces of armor dropping each with an adornment or 3 pieces of armor and 3 adornments dropping you would choose the first option?

They already know this system is poor because they are going to be letting people buy left side adornments with obols/spirits on the 26th. They certainly aren't doing it because this system is awesome, no one suggested any changes and they just want to screw it up. Once that goes in THEN adornments on armor will be a bonus.

I still have a problem with the 'war rune' adornments though. the nature of them makes it impossible to thoroughly test them without looting multiple adornments or blowing plat on the 1k dislodgers to keep equipment intact while swapping out between tests. For example my charm has 'Adorn A' equipped. If I want to test 'Adorn B' I will either have to overwrite 'Adorn A' with it or use a 1k dislodger to keep both the adornment and equipment intact. I'd love to see some sort of unlock system similar to velious introduced for these.
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Back in the days, way back, there was some lootdrop, that was a blueprint. There where only 4 of them dropping.... wasn´t that bad and if it would be this way, SoE can´t pre adron any ^^ (to get back to the topic ^ ^)
  4. slippery Well-Known Member

Except we'd likely only get 1 adorn drop, not the number of items with adorns.

You want to test a different adorn, test it on a throw away piece of gear.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Probably, since the whole point of adornments working this way is a way to attempt to extend the life of the content via adornment farming. It is funny how people think its twice as much loot with them being attached when in reality it's at best the same amount as before. I do have to give them credit on that, tricking so many players into thinking its a 'bonus.'

Oh I know I could do that. Its just a stupid system. Having to get equipment with a red slot with the intent of destroying it just so I can test out an adorn without using up other more rare/expensive resources. It was entirely possible to avoid such absurd methods with the system from DoV.

FYI what I did was just test the one I already had in controlled scenarios then overwrote it with the new one. Luckily the first one was a DoV adornment so if the new one ended up being a downgrade I could just simply remove it at a cost if I wanted it for later or just overwrite it. If it was between two 'T2' adornments I would have had to do it with throw away loot and dealt with less than accurate data, or spent 1-2k plat.

This entire adornment system was basically a 'nerf' to the Velious one to slow people up and extend the life of what little content there was. You know, instead of just making more content which I personally think would be more fun. Apparently others disagree. Advocating or even silently accepting this system is being in favor of timesinks over more fun and interesting content.
    Lempo likes this.
  6. slippery Well-Known Member

It is more loot when you consider after a few weeks the vast majority is going to waste.
  7. Wanyen Active Member

8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Except when all is said and done unless the pieces of armor just happen to have adornments on them the looters wanted there are only 3 pieces of loot. Even with expensive dislodgers since you couldn't give them to two different people so its the same end result. Saying that's 'more' loot is like saying an old scout armor pattern was 7 pieces of loot.

I find it boggling people seem to think they aren't capable or would be 'hard' to implement a system that would allow people to get both and separate, especially since that is more or less how the DoV system worked. So forgive me if I don't see a downgraded system as 'generous.'

I'm a person who actually asked for this.

This is all moot to me now though. The update is more than sufficient enough for me to consider the system 'fixed' imo. Only part I am disappointed in is that the obol to spirit conversion supposedly isn't going in. Since in the many hours I have spent in heroic zones I have gotten zero spirits. But the difference is only it will be about a week before i get all the left side adorns I want instead of on day 1 of the update.