Adornments

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Cluna, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Kinya Active Member

Can't you simply remove adorns from raid/ group gear gear or at least allow adorns with procs to drop separately as it was done earlier? It is huge annoyance with this "brilliant" idea of placing adorns already on gear (+8hate gain for mages!).
    Is there any way you can revert this thing and simply make raid/ group shards from which we can buy adorns we actually want?
  2. Crychtonn Active Member

This is a decent start that will make doing loot a little easier. I'd still want to see the proc adornments for weapons, belts, charms and cloaks to at least drop seperately from the gear. Having a Kael type merchant would be great but I'd settle for them dropping seperate so if nothing else people can slowly get extras to use as backups without having to destroy gear.
  3. Wanyen Active Member

Sorry if this should seem obvious, but I've been in statis the last few months and the power went out...so I am a bit ignorant...

Can't you simply overwrite adorns you don't and won't ever use or like with ones you do, w/o removing them at all? Just because the adorn is shiney, and unsullied, doesnt mean you have to save it for a rainy day...
  4. Kinya Active Member

Yes, I could... But it is hard to do it during raid, where Mage item drops with super melee rune, or priest charm with fighter proc... That's the problem. It was way better during DoV and worked, so now idea why they changed that system. Why to change something what works?
    As a raid leader I didn't have to worry about all those "but I want that item, and I want that rune". I don't care honestly about group instances and if loot has adorns or not, but at least adorns with special procs should drop separately in a chest and not attached to the item. Devs could simply add those runes as separate drop to chests.
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Put an item on, that can seperate those 2 parts runes/item, so a rl can run them both to the raid, everything is going to be fine ^^ and i bet that would not take that long ;) (to poorly integrate ^^)
  6. sompet_eq2 Member

The issue is not overwriting the adornments, but acquiring or wasting them.

Our raid has rules where items have higher priority than the embedded adornments. I know this may debatable, but a better adornment for one person has usually much less overall benefit than upgrading an old or lower quality item. So when I get a new item with a useless adornment, then I still go and buy the adornment from a DOV merchant for DOV shards. Until my DOV shards last... This will overwrite an adornment which may be useful for another class but wasted this way.

So a lot of good adornments are wasted because the people who got them overwrite with merchant bought DOV adornments, because the COE adornments are not accessible in enough quantity in this system.
  7. Assie New Member

I will have to agree with what Kinya said
    please go back to the system as it was in DoV expansion where the red and yellow runes with a special proc were a seperate drop in the chest.
    And were you have the option to buy them from a merchant when ever you had it looted
  8. Gosh Member

Agree very much on Assie and Kinya. Sorry but combining the drops just makes raid loot distribution much more complicated than needed.

What kind of gameplay enhancement is the combination of to valuable dropping items supposed to be? Is it meant as a measure against inflation, because you want to make people buying dislodgers? I dont like that idea. It's boring enough to farm plat for repairs and reforging in this game.

The links of adorned items never worked correctly. Instead of fixing that, please just let them drop separately. I bet the code change will be much easier and with less side effects.

And: I really like the DoV possibility to buy a proc adornment when you had it drop before. Would be nice if you could add this to CoE adornments as well. Maybe use obols to buy them.
  9. Cluna New Member

10. Cluna New Member

11. Kinya Active Member

So Kander, any chance we can have items dropping from raid zones without adorns attached?
  12. Wanyen Active Member

Or .. add the same adornments to random chance trash drops as a bonus... which dilutes and diminishes the trash drop armor rates, so not necessarily a bonus. While quirky, I dont think this is an entirely bad system we have.

Possibly, like suggested, a more frequent, perhaps more restricted, raid dropped dislodger that can be used by assigned looters; perhaps not even an item, but an 'ability' that auto-activates dislodgement on item assignment. Perhaps with a raid leader policy setting to force auto dislodgement, optional dislodgement as determined by the assigner, and never dislodge.
  13. Kalderon Well-Known Member

It would be the first step geting things right, but there must be a start somewhere....
    Put in a logic, that prevents +hategain to be put on any other class then tankitems.
  14. Sini Member

If fabled only had a chance to drop on end bosses, then there might be an argument here. But the fact is, loot drops like candy. You can get an Exquisite from pretty much anything... we actually say in chat all the time: "Oooh! A piece of candy."

The same gear and the same adorns are showing up over and over and over. No matter what priority a given guild puts on their loot distribution, there should be plenty to go around in a reasonable priority within a couple months of gaming. I know we are already to the point of transmuting trash fabled when no one wants the item or the adornment.

Because if you run instances, you can farm up tons of that stuff. All of the trash fabeld from the raids can drop in the heroic and that makes lots of adorns available to non-raiders. Sure, you'll still wait your turn for the best adorns to drop on named fabled in raid, but you've always waited for the best raid drops.

I think some people forget that its only supposed to be a one-item-reward. The whole idea is to pick the gear or the adorn, hence the mismatches. I think its much better than sometimes getting a piece of gear or sometimes getting an adorn. Although, I play with folks who want everyone to get stuff and have fun so loot usually goes to whoever can benefit the most from it. Which kind of makes this a good thing, since people are forced to play well together in order to succeed. A novel idea for an MMO, I know.
  15. Owli Member

Appreciate this sooo much!
  16. Plavem Active Member

You guys are far to kind. The devs simply hurried through this content with out much thought. I honestly feel that this should have been caught. I mean any dev that raids or even plays the game once a week could see this. If a dev honestly didn't foresee this being a problem, then we have far more to be concerned about.

Mage piece drops!
    Mage A, "Wewt"
    The adorn is shown +8 hate gain!
    Mage A, "Not spending dkp on this garbage"
    Tank A, "Sweet Adorn"
    Mage B, "Lets fight Tank A"
    Mage C, "I want it for the adorn when im soloing"
    Mage D, "Its an upgrade Im an applicant though."
    Tank B, "I have more dkp so screw you guys"
    Riad leader shoots himself.

Tank B receives the fabled, "Adorn A"

6 people in this example needed the item for different reasons. 3 of the 6 will actually use the gear, 3 of 6 would use the gear and replace the adorn. The tank ends up winning a mage item.

Like I said its not an ego issue or something they overlooked. The reason the vendor is coming this far down the road is simply because soe and the devs dropped the ball this expansion, 100 fold. You can tell by numerous things. This whole expansion was simply rushed together with little to no thought.

If you browse the forums this isn't the only place where the devs shortcomings are being effected.

Look at the old mats to create "the best food" for the current expansion I mean seriously.
  17. slippery Well-Known Member

I'm assuming since a long tedious quest line isn't required that everyone will be able to loot obols and spirits when this goes live
  18. Daalilama Well-Known Member

This is me every darn raid nite due to the illogical way the war runes are dropping in game it was bad enough the red adorned armor (most of the time being illogical unless hate gain for mages/priests is the new norm now) which a merchant (of which we were told was never going to go in before kander got his promotion) should resolve some of those issue but the war runes need a looking at both COE and DOV (COE for being preadorned already creating headaches to get the adornment regardless of the item and the DOV war runes being limited to only waist/cloak/ranged and charm whereas COE have the addition of primary/secondary adornment slots...please add primary/secondary to the DOV war runes as well).
  19. Kalderon Well-Known Member

At least it´s getting better, less peeps in raid do need the item that drops, on the other hand more peeps need the runes on them. Mostly it works, with a stricked ruleset it can be handled, with almost no colateral damage ^^
    But, nice do look diffrent ^^
  20. Sini Member

/nod @ Kalderon

Its nothing that a decent set of loot rules shouldn't be able to handle. In Plavem's example, Mage A was being dumb for casting aside the item just because the adorn had to be replaced, and Tank B was being greedy by not allowing an obvious upgrade to go to the new raid member. And if a situation like that makes the raid leader want to shoot themselves then they may not be cut out for the position, or they need to seriously rethink their roster.

It seems to me that this is only an issue in groups where people aren't looking out for the group as a whole, and that boils down to a people-problem that the developers shouldn't be expected to "fix". We've seen what happens when the game is changed to "fix" a people problem (aka "I want everything but dont want to do much to get it" or "I shouldn't have to think to play a game" lol I've obviously taken that to the extreme but you get my drift)...

Now, one could certainly argue that it's a "people-problem" that should not have been created in the first place. But there's no sense in even determining the validity of that argument since it has already happened.
    Kalderon and Wanyen like this.