Adornments comments

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Jul 26, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Let me start off by saying I fundamentally disagree with Deson when it comes to skilling up based on changing items into transmuting matierals. I feel it is a bad idea, and part of what leads people to believe that transmuting is not a craft.
    However, if his idea was adopted as a whole I think it would be quite good. Yes, including that skill up bit I hate.
    Some things to think about though: under this system it takes 125 transmutable items (any quality) to make 1 fabled item. At t8 with a base cost of 12g that would be 17pp in vendor fodder per fabled. This does not take into account any fuel or other raw materials used.
    Instead of trying to put a lore tag on items with adornments placed on them (which I don't think would work to prevent the same adornment being placed on another item), every adornment could be given a permanent buff effect similar to imbued rings. This way if multiples of the same adornment were used they would not stack (unless they were proc adornments).
    If multiple adornment types were introduced that could be placed on a single item similar to poisons, I think one "type" to be introduced should be class-based adornments. With 24 classes, adding 3-5 adornments usable by only 1 class that enhanced specific spells would create a large demand.
    One way to create a solvent that wouldn't result in tradeable adornments would be to have the solvent allow you to move the adornment directly from the current item to a new item. The new item would become attuned if it is not already attuned. This would encourage people to purchase the more expensive adornments early because they could transfer the best adornment to their new equipment upgrades. Under this system it wouldn't be possible to give the adornment to someone else.
  2. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Numbers were just an example and I have edited the post to reflect such.

The transmuting itself is not part of what leads people to believe it's not a craft, it's the overall implementation. By being forced to grind up on adornments, the viable market for actually made goods disappears through over-competition. Likewise, there is no variety to the adornments; they are all weapon procs and nothing more. Were there some variety and viability/ utility to transmuting ( or the materials themselves actually crafted) it would be considered a craft in much the same way tinkering is. As it stands now however, the adornments look to be there just to give you grind material (and to show hate for weaponsmiths). You could completely remove the adornment crafting portion of transmuting and almost no one would bat an eye.Ask a random person what transmuting is and the most likely answer ( after "I have no idea") will have everything to do with the raws and not the prodcuts made (except maybe the power taps for those who can afford them).
  3. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Deson wrote:
    Well, that would be the reason this thread was started. To talk about different options for adornments.
    Personally I still like the idea of transmuters being given weak non-slotted adornments. While they arn't as strong as a fixed slot, it means you could choose to put +str in every slot or some other non-slotted effect.
    Not just non-slotted effects mind you, but they would be something to make transmuters stand out from the rest.
  4. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Would fail without other changes because of game mechanics. Diminishing returns limits the value of stacking any one stat;gear comes with enough stats as is to push you close to the steep curve dip; there are other adornments with better stats/effects to place in all gear; while all the previous can be dodged or ignored, they would still be spammed for skill-ups thus depressing the market, thus depressing any gain to be had from the move monetarily and perception wise.

For transmuters to be seen as a trade at least as much as tinkering (I still consider neither a true trade so much as novelty), the product/ gain from such has to be significant and the process of skill-ups can't force a grind of otherwise useful product. The exception to the grind rule is actually crafting the materials because then it's not just a click away. With that change transmuters will actually have some control over their product and its market and will be useful beyond a point-click game of roulette. When customers can seriously place orders for product and get what they are looking for without the gamble, then it will get crafting respect. For now transmuters are just useful product recyclers.
  5. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Just a thought but maybe add recipes for transmutters that allows them to break down adornments into their base components (minus the fuels of course). I would have to emphasize that there be no reduction on what is returned or how much of each item that was used to make the adornment in the first place...you're already loosing fuels needed for the breakdown process as well as the fuels that were used in it's creation (could have it use up a load of fuels to make it cost more to break it down thus making people think twice before doing so...treasured 5x the fuels, legendary 10x, fabled 20x). Might even help us get rid of those seldom purchased weapon adornments rotting on the broker.

Another thought, make the weapon adornments adornable to ranged weapons as well as primary/secondary weapons AND allow the proc (from adornments placed on primary slot items only) to be set off by spells/combat arts.

And yet another thought, add recipes for adornments for non-consumable charm-slot items. Could even change the less desirable charm slot items into adornments and leave the recipe with the primary artisan who made the charm slot item in the first place (cough* riding crop *cough).

Well, just some thoughts.
  6. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Transen wrote:
    To make breaking down an item an unattractive proposition you'd have to make the fuel cost greater than the cost of the materials recovered.
    In t8 your talking about an average of 14g for treasured items. 8 fragments + 1 powder (all from treasured items) = 126g. So for taking apart a treasured adornment your making a proffit if you spend less than 1p 25g!
    Not that anyone should be skilling up on anything that isn't t2 or t3. Grey comebines are the way to go and most transmuters know this. For the price of 1 t8 combine you can do 5 t2/t3 combines. So instead of 1 50/50 chance you can have 5 20% chances. Anyone claiming the market will be flooded with useless adornments isn't looking at the way most transmuters are skilling up now.
    Also keep in mind that transmuting was created largely as a money sink for the economy. Every item transmuted didn't create coins into our economy. Every adornment created takes coin out of the economy. By its very nature, adornments are probably 2nd or 3rd on the all time money sinks in the game. I don't think the developers are interested in eliminating this. It isn't in the game's best interest.
  7. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Just a comment on a specific adornment line added in T8.
    Smoldering Combative Fastening.
    What exactly makes +30 combat art damage for the wrist slot worth a fabled adornment? Most every slot of equipment can be visited with at least that much of a bonus. It is certainly more cost effective to choose gear that will give you another +30 combat art damage rather than spend the coin for a fabled adornment to do the same as a lot of the gear in game.
    Smoldering Balanced Fastening
    parry 3% of incoming attacks. Now this is worthy of a fabled adornment. A flat +3% parry is worth shelling out big bucks for an adornment. Why? Because there isn't much that offers this kind of bonus. Its rare and its wonderful.
    Something similar to the Smouldering Balanced Fastening for DPS classes would be +3% melee crit, or +3% damage crit, or even just a +3% ranged crit (which rangers will love, and many others would grudginly admit might be worth doing...maybe). Maybe something as simple as a straight agro-reducer on abilities (-100 agro on any hostile action). This might have more appeal because it is a more rare effect. If you can't get it anywhere else some people will try it just to see how it works. Also, technically 3 archatypes benifit from its effects.
    Oh, and same thing about the +spell damage adornments that are fabled. If they were t7 then they are worth being fabled. With bonus damage so common in t8....downgrade these to legendary.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gorhauth Guest

Meirril wrote:
    For classes that live and die by their combat arts, the Combative Fastener is most definitely worth being fabled. It is an improvement over replacing other gear in other slots because it is easier to tailor your gear to your circumstances. You don't need to replace something you could get more use out of for the modifier. This is a pretty powerful adornment that requires you to make no sacrifices at all to use, other than the components to make it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Transen wrote:
    Seems to me this would either drastically reduce the time/money sink transmuting is apparently meant to be, or not be used. If the fuel cost to deconstruct the adornment is less than the cost to buy/make transmutable gear, leveling transmuters will only transmute the number of items necessary to make one or two adornments. After that, craft the adornment, deconstruct the adornment (getting all components back), craft the same adornment again. Repeat ad nauseam. Mind you, I find this idea appealing, but that's because my transmuter is barely starting. Guaranteed this would take transmuting from the most expensive and most tedious tradeskill to one of the least expensive/tedious - and I'm fairly well convinced that expense is intended to be a major portion of this tradeskill.

If, on the other hand, fuel cost for deconstruction is more than the cost to buy/make transmutable gear, this instantly becomes a worthless series of recipes. If the gear to transmute into enough components to make one adornment costs 10g, while deconstructing an adornment costs 20g in fuel, why deconstruct? Dump the adornments you make and get fresh stuff.

Again, I like the idea of the first scenario. I just don't think it's going to happen.
  10. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Hmmmm, another thought then...for every item you transmute, you also get a chance at a deconstruction shard (named: Uncommon Shard, Treasured Shard, Legendary Shard, Fabled Shard). These shards become a required component for deconstructing an adornment. The type of shard determines the type of adornment that can be deconstructed (maybe even add a RNG to the amount of deconstruction shards you end up with from transmuting an item...let's say 1 minimum and 3 maximum, where the max is extremely rare and 2 just doesn't happen).

Another thought, when an adornment is applied, a removal shard is created allowing the player a chance of removing the adornment (add a single charge of "removal shard" to the item). However doing so prevents the adornment from producing another removal shard if applied again.
  11. ARCHIVED-Mheryl Guest

Head slot-
    16wisdom, 100 power, 3% heal crit or 115 vs mental are the only choices atm. I would suggest taking out the vs mental (for that matter, removing all the resist adorns across the board and doing a revamp of some sort, maybe more resists per adorn, something to make them desirable) and adding a +16 to a stat that might be lacking in other adornments, intel comes to mind right off the bat.

Ear Slot- ONLY +16 to intel or +115 vs all resists are available. Change the resist ones into all the stat ones, str, sta, wis, agi, and maybe combine the resists all onto one.

Neck slot-
    Consecrated clasp (+11 to ministration and ordination) I rarely sell these because people who can use those stats are much more interested in the..
    Restorative clasp - increases healing spells by 45.
    How about combining those two adorns and making them fabled?

Judicious clasp - +12 dps
    Spry clasp +3 haste
    Arcane clasp- 5% chance of heat dmg dot (no one ever uses this, no reason to keep it, I have never sold or made one for anyone, may as well remove it)
    Tactical Clasp- 1% melee crit chance
    Occult clasp- increases all spell dmg by 30

So suggesting the removal of two jeweler neck items there for non use (not even good for first time pristine exp if you can't sell the item afterward!) To replace those two, I suggest making one into a + to range crit, the other I'm sure someone else can come up with a suggestion.

Cloak slot-decrease falling dmg by 40, +4 in combat health regen, +4 in combat power regen are the only choices atm. You could give the jeweler a cloak slot adorn that did +to all resists here to make up for the other one I suggested removing above. You could also add a featherfall adorn and make it fabled. Like having the fae wing cloak from emerald halls, but not having to change it out!

shoulder slot+ to str, + to sta, 100 health, + to disease, + to poison, or a 76 point piercing dmg shield- I ONLY sell the 100 hp ones with any regularity. Occasionally I will sell the damage shield one. The stat ones sell more often. I would suggest removing the disease and poison one, combining the two resists on one, and adding one with maybe a fear resist element, fabled of course.

chest slotvs magic, vs mental, +7 to all stats, or +1 in combat power regen are the only choices. The power regen one is from way back in t5, and seriously needs upgrading. I don't think it would be a huge seller, but I do think people would consider it a viable option if it had more regen on it. Remove the magic and mental resist ones and combine them into one with other resists included. Then add a chest slot that gives some effect like fear resist, double attack, crit, something people would really use.

forearm slotvs cold, vs magic, +wis, +77vs slash crush and pierce, or +8 parry. I sell the parry ones ALL the time. Occasionally sell the vs slash crush and pierce. Sell a lot of the wis one. Never sell the vs magic. I suggest combining that into more resists than just the one.

wrist+30 combat art dmg, +3 in combat health regen, + wis, vs slash crush and pierce, +str, vs heat, +sta, + int, heal on riposte, heal on deflect, heal on parry, or + to parry.

This is a very nice selection. I would take out the resist one and add more resists to it. I have only sold a couple of the heal on a successful deflect, parry or riposte, and even then it was after I'd marked them down from the previous tier to add the new ones. I do think they are a good adornment, not sure why more people don't use them for soloing, possibly cuz they are fabled and should be made legendary to be more cost effective?

Handagi, increase healing by 45, increase spell dmg by 30, 2% ranged crit chance.

I like the effect selection here. I would go so far as to take out the agi one and add a new effect one, a fear resist keeps coming to mind for raiding. Possibly when taking out the stat ones you could add more of a selection of stats and give them to the other tradeskills you removed some from.

ringvs all resist types, 100 power, 100 health, 60 power and health combined.

Again with the resists, make an adorn that's all in one, and replace the missing ones with stat choices. The combined hp and power one got upgraded nicely but I still never sell it or get asked to make it. Not sure why, possibly making it +70 instead of 60 would help? I think the fabled tag is what makes it less appealing but making it a bigger upgrade might change that.

waist3 haste, +6 to disruption and subjugation, 1% ranged crit, +30 combat art

I think this is a good selection. The only suggestion I would have is changing the +6 disruption and subjugation to +11 like the other adorn was for ministration earlier. It would make it more desirable as it's the only good one for casters and healers out of the bunch. For that matter, maybe making a +to heal crit and + to spell crit one for this slot and giving them to someone other than the armorer, maybe someone losing an adornment in this revamp.

leg+ str, + sta, vs disease, vs poison

not many choices here, huh.. remove the resists, combine them into one, add more stats. Spread them out among the crafters who don't have many like prov and sage.

foot+agi, +sta, vs cold
    see above.. not enough good choices, resists need to be combined to one adorn (need one of those for every slot imo, can make it fabled or legendary of course, but the choice of where to put that adorn should be wide open). Add some stats, or put in a couple effects at legendary or fabled level. Crits, vs fear, chance to resist stun, something new that we haven't had before maybe.

Symbolsnothing needs to be changed here imo, a very good selection of adornments.

shieldagain, a good selection, not sure I can think of anything to be changed there.

weaponToo many selections to choose from, and not many of them are good ones. The ONLY adorns I sell for weapons are the vampiric or phantom ones, and that includes for bows. Occasionally I get asked to make the dps one. These really need to be looked at, and effects added that are viable to the game. This is not my forte tho so I'm not going to try to speak on it here except to say that leaving in the phantom vampiric and dps ones is a must in the revamp.
    Edit- also the magi's second sight and pontiff's second sight, I get asked to make those all the time.

I know I rambled, but thanks Domino for having a look =)

/mwah
  12. ARCHIVED-tikasa Guest

COMMISION Transmuting. Let no trade items be broken down. That alone would add more mana and infusions.
  13. ARCHIVED-tikasa Guest

First off I do not know who should get what. It is not fair to give Jewelers all of the jewelry and tailors the clothes ... ect. I do have ideas to make Adornments must haves again. Right now Kunark has some WONDERFUL items. Food that has 4% hate redux... Food and Drink! With 2% parry Charm item with +50 CA's and great stats!

Kunark has drastically upped the bar on itemization. Adornments should let you customize your char the way you want to play. If you are a tank class do you want hate gain or avoidance?

Head slot:
    Treasured
    +16 Wisdom (Tailor)
    +8 to Agi or Str or Int or Sta (Transmuter)
    Legendary
    +100 to all resists (Tailor)
    Fabled
    3% heal / Spell Crit increase (Tailor)

Cloak Slot
    Treasured
    40% decrease in falling damage (Tailor)
    Legendary
    5% increase to run speed (Provisioner)
    +4 health and power regen (Provisioner)
    Fabled
    4% increase/decrease in hate gain (Fighter class increase)

Chest Slot
    Treasured
    +100 to all resists (Alchemist)
    Legendary
    +7 to Str/Sta/Int/Agi/Wis (Alchemist)
    +77 to Piercing/Slashing/Crushing (Alchemist)
    Fabled
    +77 to Piercing/Slashing/Crushing (Alchemist)

Shoulder Slot
    Treasured
    +16 Str (Tailor)
    +16 Sta (Tailor)
    +8 to Agi or Wis or Int (Transmuter)
    Legendary
    +67 piercing on target (Tailor)
    +77 to Piercing/Slashing/Crushing (Tailor)
    Fabled
    +100 health/power

Forearm Slot
    Treasured
    +100 to all resists (Armorer)
    +16 Wis (Armorer)
    +8 to Agi or Str or Int or Sta (Transmuter)

Legendary
    +77 to Piercing/Slashing/Crushing (Armorer)
    Fabled
    +8 Parry (Armorer)

Hand Slot
    Treasured
    +16 Agi (Tailor)
    +8 to Wis or Str or Int or Sta (Transmuter)
    Legendary
    40 to all heal spells (Tailor)
    25 to all damage spells (Tailor)
    Fabled
    3% Ranged/Melee Crit Chance (Tailor)

Leg Slot
    Treasured
    +16 Str (Armorer)
    +16 Sta (Armorer)
    +8 to Wis or Agi or Int (Transmuter)

+100 to all resists (Armorer)
    Legendary
    +77 to Piercing/Slashing/Crushing (Armorer)
    Fabled
    +2% Spell/Melee/Healing/Ranged Crit (Armorer)

Foot Slot
    Treasured
    +16 Agi (Armorer)
    +16 Sta (Armorer)
    +8 to Wis or Str or Int (Transmuter)
    +100 to all resists
    Legendary
    +10 to run speed (Armorer)
    Fabled
    +2% dodge (Armorer)

Charm Slot
    Treasured
    +8 to Str or Sta orWis or Agi or Int (Transmuter)
    +100 to all resists (Tinkerer)
    Legendary
    +100 health/power
    Fabled
    +2% reuse time to all spell and CA's

Neck Slot
    Treasured
    +8 to Str or Sta orWis or Agi or Int (Transmuter)
    Legendary
    Increase DPS by 12 (Jeweler)
    Heal amount by 45 (Jeweler)
    Spell damage by 30 (Jeweler)
    Fabled
    +2% Spell/Melee/Healing/Ranged Crit (Jeweler)
    +4% Double Attack (Jeweler)

Ear Slot
    Treasured
    +100 to all resists (Jeweler)
    +16 Int (Jeweler)
    +8 to Str or Sta or Wis or Agi (Transmuter)
    Legendary
    2% Hate reduction (Jeweler)
    2% decrease in spell power (Jeweler)
    Fabled
    2% increase in hate (jeweler)
    2% parry (Jeweler)

Ring Slot
    Treasured
    +100 to all resists (Alchemist)
    +8 to Int or Str or Sta or Wis or Agi (Transmuter)
    Legendary
    +100 Health/Power
    Fabled
    2% Cast time reduction
    2% Ranged/Melee Crit

Wrist Slot
    Treasured
    +16 Str (Provisioner)
    +16 Int (Tailor)
    +16 Agi (Alchemist)
    +16 Sta (Woodworker)
    +16 Wis (Carpenter)
    Legendary
    +30 Combat art/Spell Damage (Alchemist)
    Fabled
    3% Parry (Woodworker)
    2% Crit Melee/Ranged/Heals/Spells (Carpenter)

Waist
    Treasured
    +8 to Int or Str or Sta or Wis or Agi (Tinkerer)
    Legendary
    +12 DPS (Tinkerer)
    +3 attack speed (Armorer)
    Fabled
    2% Crit Melee/Ranged/Heals/Spells (Tinkerer)
    +30 CA/Spell Damage (Armorer)

Shield
    Treasured
    Legendary
    +77 Damage shield (Woodworker)
    +77 Crushing/Slashing/Piercing (Woodworker)
    Fabled
    +2% Shield Block (Woodworker)

Symbol
    Treasured
    Legendary
    +45 to Dis, Cold, Poi, Heat, Divine, Mental, Magic (Carpenter)
    Fabled
    2% Crit Melee/Ranged/Heals/Spells (Carpenter)
    +30 CA/Spell Damage (Carpenter)

Bow
    Treasured
    +14 damage (Woodworker)
    Legendary
    +100 power proc (Woodworker)
    Fabled
    +3% Ranged Crit (Woodworker)
    +20% Increase in poison damage (Tinkerer)
    -20% decrease in poison usage (Tinkerer)

Weapon
    Treasured
    +14 Damage (Weaponsmith)
    Legendary
    +100 power proc (Weaponsmith)
    +100 heal proc (Weaponsmith)
    -500 damage proc (Weaponsmith)
    Fabled
    3% Riposte/ Parry (Weaponsmith)
    2% Heal/Spell Crit (Weaponsmith)
    3% Hate Loss/Hate Gain (Weaponsmith)
    3% Melee Crit (Weaponsmith)
    2% double attack
  14. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

Deson wrote:
    It's been almost a year since this thread was made and I still thank Domino for making it. After so much time and so many contributions, I want to post on the context from which the quote in the first post came from and restate both my feelings and suggestions on the topic. /snip

Well it's been a while since this thread was created and a fair while since I last commented in it.
    I still stand by what I said back on what page 14, but I liked this last post of deson's. I am currently thinking about ways to improve / change transmuting and will probably post again some time soon.
    So just a few quick notes:
    1. Don't like the idea of solvents, never have, never will.
    Basically because it's like unattuning an item and nowadays people on my server pay 30-100p+ for some items which they then attune and can't pass on. Why should fabled adorns be any different when their going rate is 45p.
    2. People say you can recoup money from transmuting, have to disagree.
    I have made over 1000p from adornments and of that my transmuter has made 22p having sold 2 transmuter made adornments and no fragments/powders etc... It cost aprox. 50p + stored items to get my transmute skill up to 380/400. So my transmuter is still running at a loss. My Jeweler on the other hand has made over 300p. Now before you say ah yes but you got the materials for your jeweler from your transmuter, sorry to say no I didn't. I bought them, I needed materials in bulk and I bought them from another transmuter and worked those costs into my profit margin. To be blunt if you want to make profit from adornments, make a tinker :) and buy your materials to make adornments from the broker, or better yet from a source who has too many and cut out broker fees. Oh and if you think the guys I buy from are making money from the bulk sale of fragments etc.. they arn't making much. I buy in bulk an emerald fragement at av. price of 12g from t8 items that normally sell from 14-20g. Can you see the loss there? Do they recoup that from selling powders they are selling at 30g last I looked and I buy in bulk cheaper than broker. How about mana bound to be profits there right? Don't think so Mana 30p, loot rights to fabled gear 30-100p+, master 1 min 15p but remember transmute rates for manas? Sure there are profits to be made selling the raw materials but they are NOT big and nowhere near the profits I make on my Jeweler, who has never sold any jewelery or adept III's (rofl much). Incidentally I never transmute those items from ROK I can sell to the vendor for more than I can buy fragments for etc... and prices have changed a lot recently as I have found out as I was away for 3 months. Any which way the money in transmuting is not in transmuting its in the primary tradeskills.
    3. At the very least get all transmuting of any sort REMOVED from tinkering.
    As to how to change transmuting for the better, lots of ideas but I need to organise them and not ramble like this last post :p
  15. ARCHIVED-Nebbie Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Almeric@Permafrost wrote:
    TaleraRis wrote:
    Enrico@Permafrost wrote:
    My thoughts regarding adornment components:
    Remove RNG from the adornment creation...
    Fabled = Mana
    Legendary = Infusion
    Treasured/MC = Powder
    Transmute components for fragments
    Mana = 50 fragments
    Infusion = 25 fragments
    Powder = 10 fragments
  16. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Nebbie wrote:
    The RNG has been removed to a good extent simply by virtue of the fact that you are guaranteed at least powder from legendary and you are guaranteed at least infusion from fabled. All you have done is move everything down a slot in the table. Where do we get the fragments in your layout?
    Tell you the truth. I prefer the current setup, but would like the chance of getting any result to be distributed over all types. Wouldn't it be nice to have a chance to get an infusion or mana from transmuting a treasured item?
    • Treasured/MC = Fragment, Powder like now (74*,25). Infusion supercalifragilistic Mana infinitesimal.
    • Legendary = Powder, Infusion (74*,25). Mana supercalifragilistic, full house infinitesimal
    • Fabled = Infusion, Mana (74*,25). full house supercalifragilistic, fragment/powder infinitesimal.
    • Mythical = Mana, full house (74*/25) Infusion supercalifragilistic., fragment/powder infinitesimal.
    *74 has just enough shaved off to give the next two results. Supercalifragilistic is just about the same chance as we now have of getting that super event when crafting, the one that gives a rare and zooms you to completion. Infinitesmal is just that, maybe .000001.
    Well, something like that.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nebbie Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
  18. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Nebbie wrote:
    You are right about the last 4 lines. I hadn't understood them at all. I thought you were propossing alternate methods, one that used fragments only. Now that you explain it I'm really confused. Do you mean one should be able a to transmute a mana and get 50 frags from it?
    At any rate, I don't want to get into a 'you're wrong, I'm right' argument with you. I think both of us have valid points to make. My way is just a matter of preference for me and another method for people to consider.
    Insofar as transmuting for another player, I simply explain the odds first At that point it's up to the player to take the risk or not. I also insist thet the person groups with me so he/she sees the results as I transmute. I've also found it easier if I clear my bags of all frags, powders, infustions, and mana before I begin so that there is no question of what goes back to the customer.
  19. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

tikasa wrote:
    While your post has some good things in it, I think one of the biggest issues for adornments right now is the fact that they are too confusing. Confusing players even more by adding more seemingly random adornments will not help much, at least in my opinion.
    Going by the way Domino handled the weapons revamp she did, she will be wanting to set up a good foundation for adornments (if/when she is able to address them). To me, this means giving every player, for every class several valid options at every quality level for every slot.
    Under the current mechanic, this would mean litterally thousands of adoenments, and would not be the best idea. However, with 3 new pieces of code, this could be done in a way that gives players at every level actual meaningful choices with adornments, something drastically missing with the current setup.
    The first piece of code *should* be fairly easy to implement, the ability to place an adornment on any slot (including charms, since their increased itemisation value in RoK, they are now treated as full item slots, and should have adornments).
    This gives Domino the ability to make a range of treasured and legendary adornments that in themselves give players a wealth if choice. My suggestions:
    +14 to any stat
    +500 to any resist
    +50 vs crushing, slashing or piercing
    +3 to any weapon skill
    +3 to any casting skill
    +2 to any defensive skill
    +90 power
    +90 HP
    +1 attack speed
    +1 casting speed
    -1 reuse timer
    -1 hate gain
    +1 hate gain
    + 4 in combat power regen
    + 20 in combat HP regen

+18 to any stat
    +750 to any resist
    +75 vs crushing, slashing or piercing
    +5 to any weapon skill
    +5 to any casting skill
    +4 to any defensive skill
    +130 power
    +130 HP
    +2 attack speed
    +2 casting speed
    -2 reuse timer
    -2 hate gain
    +2 hate gain
    +1 melee or ranged DA
    +1 to any crit

That gives players 35 treasured adornments to work with, and 39 legendary adornments. As much as I hate discussing combat mechanics in the tradeskill forum (which I seem to have done a lot of), I feel it is important to point out that all of the above are either on a diminishing returns curve or easily capped, with the exception of casting speeed, reuse timer, HP and power. These will give players the ability to customise their adornments to fill in any gps that their gear may have, and do so to a very large degree.
    In order to continue to provide choice with this particular idea, and to get players thinking about adornments more, fabled adornments require the second and third pieces of new code - the ability for adornments to alter items themselves (rather than just add to them), and the equivlient of a lore tag for adornments, as these could overpower a player otherwise.
    This tag need not prevent players from holding more than 1 of these adornments, or even applying more than 1 to equipment, but should prevent more than 1 of any of the following adornments from having its effects applied to any character. This is to allow for the possibility of gear switching based on encounters, where a particular adornment may be of greater use on a different item, such as needing a bonus to a proc on a defensive item instead of offensive, but not allowing both to be active.
    The following legendary and fabled adornments would all require this tag.
    Increases mitigation of the item by 10%
    Adds 50% to all resists on the item
    Adds 50% to all skill bonuses on the item
    Adds 50% to the +spell/CA/healing amounts on the item
    Adds 50% to the DA values on the item
    Adds 50% to all crit values on the item
    Adds 50% to DPS/haste/spell haste/spell reuse on the item
    Increases base trigger chance of effect on the item by 2.5%
    Adds {insert stat here} on to the item at the same value as the lowest value stat on the item, assuming that stat is not present on the item
    Adds a proc to the item dealing 100 magic damage on any attack (int based, 1.8 ppm)
    Adds a proc to the item dealing 100 divine damage on any attack (wis based, 1.8 ppm)
    Adds a proc to the item dealing 100 melee damage on any attack (str based, 1.8 ppm)
    Adds a proc to the item healing 100 HP on any healing spell (1.8 ppm)

Increases mitigation of the item by 20%
    Doubles all resists on the item
    Doubles all skill bonuses on the item
    Doubles the +spell/CA/healing amounts on the item
    Doubles the DA values on the item
    Doubles all crit values on the item
    Doubles DPS/haste/spell haste/spell reuse on the item
    Increases base trigger chance of effect on the item by 5%
    Adds {insert stat here} on to the item at the same value as the highest value stat on the item, assuming that stat is not present on the item
    Adds a proc to the item dealing ~150 magic damage on anyattack (int based, 1.8 ppm)
    Adds a proc to the item dealing ~150 divine damage on any attack (wis based, 1.8 ppm)
    Adds a proc to the item dealing ~150 melee damage on any attack (str based, 1.8 ppm)
    Adds a proc to the item healing 150 HP on any healing spell (1.8 ppm)
    Lowers the armor class level by 1 tier (plate > chain > leather > cloth)
    Increases the armor class level by 1 tier (cloth > leather > chain > plate)

The armor adjusting is essentially a way to increase the classes that are willing and able to wear some armor items. This would only affect items with generic class restrictions based on the armor type. Anything with artificial restrictions on it will not be able to have one of these adornments placed on it with the exception of healer items which adjusting the level of armor down adjusts which healer can use it based on the new armor class. In all cases, mitigation adjustments are obviously made.
    That gives everyone options for every slot, at every price range. It gives players the opportunity to look at their gear overall and decide what needs to be improved. It gives players choices not only as to which adornment to place on an item, but also on which item to place an adornment. It even opens up equipment choices for a large number of classes, and makes items more viable for some classes than they are now.
    I can only assume the amount of work involved in that would mean Domino would need a new apprentice, as well as making several (dozen) batches of cookies for an over worked Aeralik, but it would be an amazing addition for the adventuring community at all levels, reguardless of how unlikly it is to happen.
    Notes: all of the above is for for level 80 characters, some of these should scale down as appropriate. None of these are to replace exsting adornments. I have not made suggestions as to who gets what, as that is a minor issue comparied to what is avalible overall, and the only time such conversations can be undertaken is when changes happen, at which point the current state of crafters needs to be the determining factor as to who gets what.
  20. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Nebbie wrote:
    IMO this discussion belongs in a thread about transmuting, not a thread about adornments.
    Adornments =/= transmuting.
    I know you didn't start it, just saying.