Adornments comments

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Jul 26, 2007.

  1. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

    Noaani wrote:
    Too true but then this is the only easily found (well link in a sticked) thread about transmuting / adornments ;) and it kinda grew into a discussion on how transmuting should work, thanks to all the comments about how transmuters shouldn't make them. Guess it's time for a whole new thread on that. I have one almost, just need to finish compiling ideas from this thread. O course it won't be stickied :(
  2. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

    LivelyHound wrote:
    Its kinda nice to see that your being objective on whether or not transmuters should be involved wiht the actual production of adornments or not. I'm hoping you provide a really solid argument to support your opinion, and present well supported counter arguments. If you don't, its going to turn into several pages of rehashing the same arguments presented here.
    Not that it won't anyways, but at least your origional post won't be easily dismissed as a one sided highly biased argument on how you want things to be rather than what would be best for transmuters and crafting in general.
  3. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

    Meirril wrote:
    This is why I purposly left out who should make what in my (rather large) post. This thread *should* be about what should be avalible for adventurers (and crafters maybe), and what needs to be changed to make that avalible.
    IMO this thread needs to be closed down and 2 more opened up, one on adornments that should be avalible, and one on who should make what.
  4. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

    Noaani wrote:
    I have finished my compilation and will post it when I get home from work. I have tried to be unbiased on it and thorough and present arguments from all the different posts in this thread. I havn't commented on a few things like commisioned transmuting or who gets what adornments cos as Noaani wrote we really need seperate threads. One reason its hopefully not biased one way or the other is cos I can't make up my mind
    Have made my new thread:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...430546&#4795170
    Er.... enjoy :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

    Noaani wrote:
    I disagree soley becasuse the two are intimately related which is what all my posts including the one Domino snipped were about. The underlying logic behind transmuting and adornments is so deeply flawed that both must be corrected before seriously going forward. Discussion of adornments in and of themselves forces the omission of the role transmuters play in leveling up on them/introducing raws and turns it into a mere itemization thread and you can't discuss who should make what without seriously discussing the way adornments come into the world itself because again, of transmuters. Can adornments be tweaked while looking soley at them as items? Yes, but all the underlying muck will still be there and still cause problems. This thread is fine and does exactly what is needed. It may be a bit akward but certainly no more than trying to discuss two depply related aspects without mentioning the other.
  6. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

    Deson wrote:
    I agree Dyson. Transmuting is an integral part of adornments and should be discussed here. However, we now have a plethora of transmuting and adornment general topics in which to carry on our discussion.
    I think these discussions are going to be more and more important as we get into a full year of an expansion with no raise in level max. Maxed out crafters will need to be able to do transmuting and tinkering and maxed adventurers will be more dependent on adornments.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dulsin Guest

    As a whole the Adornment system is excellent. My pet peave is that the adornments do not ramp well.
    At level 10 +2 to a stat is a nice little boost since at those levels an item only has 4-8 points to start with.
    But once we get to level 80 a +16 to a stat is mostly a big yawn on an item that may already have 200 points of stats on it. Maybe come up with a better progression?
    I have never had a person ask for a resist adornment. T2 is 25 and T8 is 125 resist that should be raised to the 200-300 range just to make them worth the slot.
    And as far as Transmuters go it is ok that there are relativly few things they can make but PLEASE PLEASE improve the ones they can make. It would be a huge boon to all up-and-coming transmuters everywhere if they had something at every level to make that players actualy wanted. If all we can make is weapon enhancements they should be the nicest ones in the game. Or instead of that maybe giving transmuters something cheep and temporary to make like a mana stone that the necros and mages can produce but more like the Wood workers totems.

Share This Page