AB = No Fun

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Schortt, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Which is why I have stopped logging in for the time being. It is amazing what taking a break does for ones perspective.
    Castegyre and Tekka like this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sure we will get something... eventually... like the crafters got something this expansion... eventually.
  3. Castegyre Well-Known Member

The thing that really annoying me is that on the rare occasions that I do want to log in recently it seems the game doesn't want to let me. That also helps me go seek out new perspectives to have.
    Tekka and Mizgamer62 like this.
  4. Perciful Active Member

I have been unable to get a pick-up group on HOF for last 2 weeks. Whatever is happening....Activity on HOF is affected as well.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Ouch, sorry, Perciful.
  6. Karsa Active Member

If a server merger for AB not viable at this time can you increase the number merCs we can use in group or how about resurrecting cross server grouping plan? Summer is coming and 'the dead' i mean turnovers are coming with it.
  7. Bella222 Active Member

Actually I play on AB all the time and even transferred the rest of my characters here. It is fun! and the chat is active. You don't want it to be too crowded then you won't be able to get the mobs you want. Also the game often spawns a second instance of an area if it gets crowded. And guilds and Raid Aliance are always in chat soliciting members.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  8. Beast Member

I agree. I came back the game after a couple year hiatus and AB has been great. I found an active raiding/heroic guild and been having a blast. Definitely not a lack of things to do and there are a good many pick up groups going every night . Things get blown way out of proportion on these forums . And it does nothing to help the game.
    Blazen and ConcealFate like this.
  9. Fenin Member

It's not blown out of proportion, just different play styles so different perspective.

For very casual, PQ, RP, decorators and such it's pretty normal. If you're looking you do current tier heroics/challenge heroic or raids, even at peak it's quite dead. There's only 1 raid guild that's even remotely competitive on AB, and they're only #30 rank or so.

If you watch lfg and auction on maj dul or hof, and compare it to AB, it's glaringly obvious, those chats are easily 2,000% more active on other servers.
  10. Draika New Member

I transferred my main to a friend's active guild on HoF because I wanted to finish the tradeskill mount, be ready for summer ethereals and because my AB guild isn't very active anymore during my playtimes and some folks don't play the game anymore or have moved on. I got the mount done finally. I don't think I want to bother trying to finish it on an alt if that alt is on AB.
    HoF feels a lot more active during the evenings and weekends. It still takes work to get a group done some days though. If one spends hours in chat waiting for a group to form then they will be disappointed. I've had my best luck when I make the effort to form a group with my tank and healer friends versus waiting to join one. It tends to vary though. AB is still a good server if you are in a guild that runs stuff or have a list of regular friends or play during the day. I still think this game needs a working cross-server dungeon finder to help with staggering play times.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I know Grave Intent, Army of Oobliteration, and House Zen'Myr are all recruiting members.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

Sad to hear that another one hit the dust.
  13. Kaarkula Active Member

I currently have a guild that groups and raid.. however I've been on this server 9 years. Trust me it's nothing like it was before.. and in much worse shape than even last year. It's only going to get worse as the weather gets warmer. If it wasn't for a small group of guildmates I have that play regularly with - there'd be nothing for me.

I don't do PUGS really but for your "good many pick up groups going every night"....
  14. Beast Member

I must have just lucked up then. The guild I'm in does Heroic's nightly and they have been in raid a few times since I've joined. I haven't gotten my outdated toons to the point of raiding again yet, but it won't be long. There was a guild looking for raid members today and another raid alliance looking as well when i was on earlier today. And that's on a Friday morning when most people are working who have jobs. I see people complaining in general it's hard to find groups, so maybe it is true. I don't doubt there's less people playing now than years ago. Games die out as they get older and with new TLE server's running , I'm sure that didn't help pop either.
    I don't disagree that there's less people, but the constant doom and gloom on this forum is way overstated. The only point i was trying to get across is when a new player/returning player such as myself comes and look at a forum and this thread exists with everyone proclaiming "it's dead" how do you expect it to get any better? From what I can tell some of the posters don't even play anymore , so I question their reasoning to be on a forum for a game they no longer play bashing a server they no longer play on and making the server in question look even less desirable to new and returning players.
    I for one am enjoying myself. Maybe I'm just a filthy casual though and don't know what I'm talking about.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am good on AB and do not want a merge, but if that is what is best for the server and the game, I pray they merge us with Maj'Dul where the LDL holdouts ended up. I have a ton of characters there collecting dust and I know at least 25 people in the RP community with characters and guilds there as well that are also dust collectors.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  16. Kaarkula Active Member

I could probably name 20 ish people that I used to play with that have xferred to Maj'dul within the last 2 months or less.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. semisus Does not play this game

Im just wondering , why do you not want a merge? more players to play with seems like a win win situation to me
    The fact that we are still getting discoes on masters this far into the expansion really shows something about this server.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

One reason is why most of the RP venues are now in controlled homes and not out in the game world. Too many trolls in the past would harass the RPers and try to disrupt the event. If we were joined with a non-rp population (since at the time, many were on AB only due to its large population, not to RP) this would cause further problems again, I am sure. If we merge or if we don't wont really effect me as I don't group or lfg or raid. I mainly play my SK but I refuse to tank for randumb players and we all know that tank classes aren't taken along for DPS. I have other toons but my favorite is my SK and I just don't really want to level them up. Its only 10 levels for them... but I haven't even done that with my main! Boring repeatable quests for factions I have no interest in do not encourage me to level. And so I don't.
    Rhodris likes this.
  19. The Fonz Active Member

No offense, but tank classes that can do the work of leveling and gearing up can out DPS many other classes in offensive stance. Especially SK's and Monks. You sound like you enjoy just kinda messing around. Which if that's how you want to play, the more power to you. Your class is capable of a lot if you play it less casually.
  20. Nightshade New Member

"plan".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.