AB = No Fun

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Schortt, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Well, we have a situation where the game has not only catered to, but insentivized groups of players isolating themselves from the greater server community. Then we have players who not only take full advantage of this situation, but proudly declare that the random scrubs outside of their group can kiss off. This is on top of a niche play style that tends to be full of elitists. Add to that a server community that's been undermined several times by the management of the companies running the game and has done little to police itself or bolster its own health over the years. Notice how the toxicity of the server community has only ramped up over time. Then add to all of this the dwindling population of the game as a whole over the last few years due to several factors. Why would anyone expect AB to be healthy at this point is beyond me. Not only does it need to be addressed, if anyone was paying attention and cared things should have been done a long time ago. This falls just as much on the players of AB as the people running the game.
    rutro, Dude, Meneltel and 2 others like this.
  2. Lainni Member

I've been playing for a long time.. did the whole top raiding guild thang back when it suited work/life balance.. joined a crafting guild, tried a family guild and so on...

One thing I miss the most about the game is being able to hop into a pick up group at any time... How the game works now, is you need resolve of XXX in order to keep up and not get 1 shotted in a dungeon and slowing the whole group down. I used to love using LFG grabbing a few people and going for it. Since I cant keep up with the Epic 2.0, adornments, grand masters etc.. I have become 99% crafter. I miss the old days #feelingnostalgic

~ L ~
    ConcealFate, Febrith, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  3. Soara2 Well-Known Member

The problem here is that the other servers don't role play. Many complaints would come just like when PvP was lost. Oh my, so sick of messages in general chat griping about that on skyfire.
    Although, if you did get merged, might as well be with skyfire, so that the other servers are not bombarded with that issue.
  4. semisus Does not play this game

#MakeAntoniaBayleGreatAgain
    Karsa likes this.
  5. Vokan Well-Known Member

I played on AB for years. I don’t really recall any role play in general. I think it was mostly confined to guild chat which can take place on any server without notice.
    rutro, ConcealFate, Soara2 and 4 others like this.
  6. Karsa Active Member

There is normally some new content released early spring ( expert dungeons, fabled dungeons, x2 dungeons or contested etc) that ties the masses over till summer starts. Without this content it's like summer has started early and people seem to be bored or fatigued with the current options are not playing game at least not on AB. Maybe on a spread sheet AB lot active accounts but logg in monitor general chat or auction channel you will find more cheer in a graveyard.
    Soara2, Meneltel, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Just saying, if there is a melting pot server, skyfire would be it
  8. Chrisworld Active Member

I’m just curious, how well would the game fair if it was merged into one mega server? I am sure the existing hardware can be used to run the zone “sharding” system for zones with heavier population. At this point in 2018, for an old game that has evolved as much as it has I don’t think it’s out of the question to merge to one server. I read that WoW will be doing away with traditional pvp soon and make it a toggle option (they’re also going to do their own classic server) so I don’t see why we can’t have aPvP toggle option. We don’t need alignment pvp and inability to talk to the opponent anymore, again games evolve and it’s 2018, competitive players trash talk and communicate all the time. I honestly think this game and its players deserve being on one server to make finding groups easier and the game feel more populated again. Again hardware can handle sharding, have one login sever and one world server, and extra hardware to handle currently loaded zones. I don’t think there is a good enough reason in 2018 to still have multiple servers separating players playing the same game who by the way all come on here and whine about wishing they had more people to play with. Typos? Bear with me...i typed this with my phone.
    Juraiya, Karsa, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I agree. After all, they merged 8 Euro servers into 1 mega server (Thurgadin) and it seems to be doing just fine. So they are obviously technically capable of doing it.
    Karsa and Soara2 like this.
  10. Kaarkula Active Member

At a minimum merge skyfire and AB.. but prob should put hof, skyfire and AB together.
    Juraiya and Soara2 like this.
  11. Soara2 Well-Known Member

That would be so awesome. Then I wouldn't have to work on my hof guild. Rofl already have skyfire one good
  12. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Im glad you brought this up Miz. I was always curious as to the entire population of Thurgadin compared to lets say MajDul. Was the EU merge doable because of a lower population overall?
  13. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I am not sure what the combined populations of the Euro servers were at that time (was done 3 yrs ago I think) when the merges occurred. I do remember that initially Thurgadin had a heavy load for a while, but over time that has settled to medium load. I just think a mega US server is a good idea. I don't expect that to happen though.
  14. Tell New Member

The tack DBG seems to be taking is 'head in the Sand'. Or perhaps they simply don't th understand, or Cate, about the quality of life for their players. I really wish that someone out there with the means to do so, who had a deep love for this amazing game, would buy it and run it with that mindset.
    Rhodris, Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

This game could have been so great... but its like SoE expected word of mouth to spread it and not advertising. I think I have seen ONE commercial for eq2 ever! I have spoken to people on other MMORPGs I play that I still play EQ2 and most go "huh?". One asked if I meant EQ, and I had to explain there are TWO Everquest games, not just one. *shakes head* And the sad thing is, is that honestly I cant recommend this game for a new player to join, anymore, not if they want to raid or do endgame stuff seriously.
    Juraiya, Rhodris and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Wasn't the EU merger done after the ProSeibian(sp) debacle? I may be misremembering, and I don't care enough to look it up. If so, though, that culling of the EU population might have made merging so many servers a lot easier to do.
  17. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Yes it did. The ProSieben debacle resulted in a significant loss of accounts/population from European countries (particularly the UK). The EU server never recovered.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

Wasn't Stormhold supposed to get merged into AB? Maybe those that had abandoned their Stormhold toons would play them again on AB, and boost its population some.
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I have 2 stormhold toons, but since I'm now F2P since I cant afford to pay for membership, I cant access them. I do have 2 krono saved for when my guild starts doing heroics again and I need that extra power, but until then, I'm hoarding them like a dragon does his copper coins!
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Kaarkula Active Member

Still nothing....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.