A suggestion for new guilld hall amenities

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Simparri, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Simparri Active Member

Something that could be quite useful for guilds that bring in a lot of new players would be arms & armor depots. When a new player starts up they often have troubles getting/affording decent arms & armor. In my guild there are a number of us that will take time out from playing to equip a new member with starting gear. It would save quite a bit of time & trouble if we had depots for storing gear at least up to level 40 or so so all we would need is an officer to jump in for a few minutes to pull the gear out for them instead of having to bring in the needed crafter to make the gear on the spot. Some might say to put them in the guild bank for that but the bank is too small as it is. There are at least 2 different types of chain, 2 different types of plate, 3 different types of leather & cloth armor to keep track of after levels 1-9 (& that is leaving out those using rares) & 7 different armor pieces per set so that is 56 different pieces for each level. I won't even try to enumerate how many spots would be needed for a weapon depot.
    Bregdania, Feara and TarnaX like this.
  2. Edelphia Well-Known Member

another couple welcome depots would be one for recipe books and one for adept spell books. Those are always filling up my guild bank and they are hard to sort through since you have to mouse over each one.
  3. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Probably the biggest issue with creating something like this (and creating something like the spell scroll depot that others have proposed) is that the items that would go into the depots don't stack. One thing you'll notice about all the guild depots - harvest depot, fuel depot, ammo depot, food & drink depot, white adornment depot, collections depot, or poison, potion & totem depot - is that the intended contents all stack.

Armor and weapons don't. Neither do spells. This means that instead of this:

• ExampleItemName1 (5)
    You would have this:
    • ExampleItemName1
    • ExampleItemName1
    • ExampleItemName1
    • ExampleItemName1
    • ExampleItemName1
    So if your depot had a capacity of 100, that would leave you with 95 instead of 99. Although that doesn't sound like much, that difference can add up rather quickly.
  4. Eileithia Active Member

Crafted Armor/Weapon depots would be cool.

+1 on the Spell Depot.. We have an entire bank tab for master spells.. A depot for this would make much more sense with a check box for "Hide unusable"

Mana-stones, Pacemakers, Defibrillators and the like should also be added to the Potion/Poison Depot
    Temp adorns in the Adornment Depot - Actually, any trade-able adorns should be able to go in the adorn depot

Can we also get a Reforging amenity?
  5. Eileithia Active Member

I agree that this is the likely culprit for why these haven't been introduced, but it's not like they couldn't change the code for the depots to allow non-stacking items to stack. Not saying it would be easy, but it's not "impossible".
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The spell depot idea came up in another thread in the tradeskill forum. There was another great counterpoint, which had to do with items on the broker. Allowing depots to hold all this other stuff would create a shortage of masters, armor and weapons on the broker. You're supposed to exchange and sell goods like this, not hoard it up for someone who may or may not decide to play and hang around for very long. If you have things taking up space in the bank, take a quick look to see if anyone's going to actually use it. If there's no one that could even use it on an alt, then you sell it.
    Ranga and aspekx like this.
  7. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Unlikely to get an attunables depot (armor, weapons, jewelry) of any sort, because (1) adornments, (2) refining, (3) experimenting, and (4) reforging. There's too much data stuck to every such item.

Harvests can be depot'ed in 2 fields. "I'm severed briarwood" and "there's 6,243 of me here." Same for all the other depot'able items, to my knowledge. An armor bit would need lots, and stacking rules would be a nightmare. (Or they'd be unstackable, in which case we have an armor depot already, called the guild bank.)

(And (5), damage to the items... they stay broken if you unattune them, so you could try to put a damaged item in a depot. And (6) value, but depot'ed items already lose that, and become 1cp if they weren't no-value to start with.)
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the White Adornment Depot changed to a plain old Adornment Depot. I know white was the only colour that was tradeable when it was created, but now purple is as well. It would be nice if they would hold those, too.
    Mermut and Prrasha like this.
  9. aspekx Well-Known Member

i love depots, i love having access to a pile of materials and being able to just grind through things or churn out items.

however, i do think there is an economic limit to what can be done. keeping 'everything' would certainly dry up any external resources for those starting out.

when items are taken out of the game permanently (deletion, consumption, etc.,) it can help the economy. and it's one of the things that is stagnating our current one. but to temporarily hoard items would simply be a nightmare. each player would be able to simultaneously or on their own either flood or evaporate the market for certain items.

in other news, i would like to pitch once again my idea for placeable AI in guild halls and homes, much like you do in dungeon maker. obviously i would prefer other AI options than attacking and killing all guests, but that one could be fun too. :D
  10. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

A Teleport Item to teleport anyone to inside of your guildhall, if you are grouped.

This would be convinient for many customers, who have trouble finding the different guild halls, or for fellow groupmembers to use some other travel amenities from the hall.
    aspekx and Feara like this.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Guild Hall Doors are that teleport item. Often to be found in houses published on the leaderboard. In fact, on Freeport, the most highly rated house in the leaderboard Hall of Fame is nothing BUT a Guild Hall Door.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

So essentially this, but without the long cooldown?

Or are you saying more along the lines of something that grants a temporary call to a guild hall other than one's own?
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Does Call of the Tinkerer work if you are not in the same zone now? I thought the only Call that worked across zones was Call of the Veteran.
  14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

No, it only works within the same zone. That is why I was asking for clarification.

Because the first sentence kinda sounded like it was talking about being able to port to another's location within the GH (which wouldn't be useful to me, since I have CoV, or can just tell the person to meet me at the front). The second sentence, though, sounds like it is talking about a call to guild hall, but for someone else's hall. That is why I asked for the clarification. (I strongly suspect it is the latter.)
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The way I read it was that players couldn't find the guild hall, or were good while the hall was in Neriak, etc. All fixed by that guild hall door house item.
  16. Rotherian Well-Known Member

The way I read it (at least the second way I read it - the more likely way of the two ways that I read it) was that Anghammarad wanted something to bring a group member that is not in Anghammarad's guild (regardless whether that is because the person doesn't have a guild or because they are in a different one) to Anghammarad's Guild Hall.

Perhaps Anghammarad can clarify whether or not that was the intended interpretation.
  17. Arnfield Member

My guild would definitely benefit from this. We get new players every now and then, and if the crafters aren't online they are left to the broker where prices are heavily inflated by twinked out alts.

Would also be nice to see more NPC's for player's house run shops. I am still amazed there are only 3 race options and no gender options for apprentices. Would be nice if you could "re-skin" the apprenctices and merchants to be any playable race. Maybe even add Gnolls, Othmir, Coldain, Hua-Mein "skins" to their faction vendors.

Would be nice to be able to match a theme. Like the Hua-mein prestige house with all your apprentices and (hopefully new) merchants as hua-mein. Or the Thurgadin Gran Hall filled with different looking Coldain Dwarves.
    Bregdania likes this.
  18. mouser Well-Known Member

Depots were never intended to fully replace the Guild Bank, which is what making depot for weapons/armors/spells would essentially do.

Use that stuff, or sell it. Let members store them in their own personal bank space (remember those 12 boxes above your shared bank?) or their house vault until they've leveled up and can use them. Harvesting depots make sense because you've got thousands of those things normally, and it makes guild crafting a lot easier. Fuel depots the same - though they really aren't necessary if you have a fuel merchant (doing writs refunds your fuel costs + bonus so you can set up a guild bank tab for members to 'borrow' from while their crafting writs). White adornments comes from the sheer number created while trying to skill up adorning.

Armor, weapons, spells, most things are supposed to be SCARCE - you're not supposed to be able to hoard thousands of them - that destroys any market for them in the long run. It also further isolates guilds from the outside world, a trend I really don't think has been positive for the game as a whole. I know it isn't going to happen but I'd love to see a lot of those guild amenities taken away (Mender? last I checked there was one in every city - if you want the guild to subsidize the costs, set up the guild bank to allow it, that's what the coin limit/day is for. Broker? There's one right outside almost every guild hall).
    aspekx likes this.
  19. mouser Well-Known Member

There are so many "Call to this, Call of that" abilities in the game already. Honestly, how much handholding do people need? If you're in a city you can auto-teleport to any of your houses now - what's next? Open the world map and auto-port to any spot you want? The Guild Halls are all marked on the city maps - they aren't hard to find (remember the orange glowy trails?). Picked the wrong faction? That was a choice you made when you moved to Qeynos or Freeport.

As for customers, last I checked you couldn't place a sales display in a guild hall. Has that changed?
  20. Artemiz Active Member

1. Reforger
    2. Expand Adornment depot to allow more than white. We have green and purple that can be traded and would be nice to consolidate adorns to one location in the guild hall.
    3. Merchant that sells packing crates (much like the crates we get with armor sets and claim items)
      1. Single use item (disappears when unpacked).
      2. Various types with varying number of slots
        1. Armor crate: 7 slots, armor only. Be nice to put together sets of gear and sell them on the broker
        2. Collection crates: up to 30 slots, collection items only. Again, we could put together sets of a collection.
      3. The items could be added to the crate and "packed"
      4. Examining a crate should show the pieces contained
      5. Disallow No-Trade and Heirloom items or create heirarchy (any heirloom item exist then the entire crate is heirloom, if any no-trade item exist then the crate is no-trade.
    Simparri likes this.