A potent potable

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Alenna, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

if I was not in the postiton of having the lowest possible system to run this game I'd probably have gotten it after the first 3 trys. they need to put a failsafe in for those on crappy systems with little or no way to get anything better.
    Kuulei likes this.
  2. Sambril Well-Known Member

I honestly thought that point had been made on beta and I didn't check the final version. For those that enjoy this kind of thing or can at least manage to do it, it is a welcome departure from standard quests. But there are those who will not be able to do it for one reason or another. It was a bad idea to remove the skip option, especially so on a quest that gates the complete line.
    Alenna likes this.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

It's a blocker as things stand now.
    Alenna likes this.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I'd actually like to know what smart bunny thought it would be fun to put a World of Warcraft quest into EQ2.
  5. Skuffle Member

Tried this again several times using tips listed here. Still cannot finish this one. Done w/ this update until something gets changed.
  6. endlesslove New Member

still not fixed yet, sigh............. i am seriously thinking about quiting game cause i cant do this quest with my toons. seems like a waste of money as i see it. and i wonder if anyone else feels the same, in that case how much money would they lose over one stupid quest. that could have been fixed to help us out on progression, some of us have been here over 9+ yrs. sigh........... they did it for the one at halloween, u guys rember the dance moves in the basement, why cant they do the same here.... i am very disapointed in the quest.....
  7. MicAllBar New Member

This quest has me so friggin frustrated, my blood is boiling!!! It sucks sucks sucks!!!!!!!
    Alenna likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If being blocked by one quest is enough to make you quit, I think you must be overlooking a lot of fun stuff in the game.

There have always been quests that were problematic for people with low-end systems and laggy connections: that's on your equipment, not SOE.

Back in the day, trying to do the part of the Claymore quest line where you had to move up and down a climbing wall in SoS clicking glowing blocks, I was unable to do it on my computer: I didn't have good enough graphics power on my machine to even see the glowy things, and I was on a satellite modem at the time, which had enormous latency. I finally got it done at my sister's house on her much higher end system and cable modem.

All I can recommend is that you /petition, explain the problem, and request that the CSRs advance the quest for your toons. The worst that can happen is they tell you no. Otherwise, maybe you have a friend or guildmate who could coordinate with you to help out.
  9. Skuffle Member

I don't think it's about finding other things to do in the game. I certainly did. However, this quest does completely bottleneck the Cobalt Scar progression. You complete it, or you don't go anywhere else in the CS series - period. That means that there are those for whom the entire update is unavailable because of one (imo) very poorly thought out quest.
    Dulcenia and Alenna like this.
  10. Dexella Associate Producer

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your feedback about this quest. I do have some information about changes coming to "A Potent Potable" to pass along to you from the Dev team. I think you'll be happy about this update! :)

The quest A Potent Potable has been a hot topic as it presents a challenge that must be overcome with personal skill and cannot be made easier by leveling, acquiring better gear, or bringing more group members. While many players enjoyed the challenge, it was a frustration to others, as it was a required step in the main story line. We did not intend this one quest to be a roadblock for the series, but also did not wish to make it so easy as to remove the fun of completing it. As a compromise, we’ve made this an optional quest. Skipping it is as simple as speaking to Nika again once you’ve acquired it, and letting her know that you’d prefer to move on to the next quest. While this will prevent you from ever completing A Potent Potable, anyone who has completed Nika’s next quest, A Salty Farewell, may then return to Salt Breeze Camp to find an othmir medic offering a repeatable quest with an identical minigame. Successfully completing either the original quest or the new optional quest will reward you with both an achievement and a title.

This change is set to be part of tomorrow's (June 4th, 2013) patch.

Thanks,
    Dexella
    Feldon likes this.
  11. Skuffle Member

Thank you! This is truly appreciated!
  12. Sambril Well-Known Member

Thank you - I have been suggesting something like that ever since it first appeared on beta (and it did have a different skip mechanism at one time on beta).

Doing something new with quests is great and I hope you guys continue to do so, but when you do so be aware that such things are not for everyone and should not block major questlines. In addition this mini-game had all the hallmarks of a repeatable quest from the outset, so making it available for those who enjoy it is a great idea.
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I can now start the quest-line on my Alts. Without worrying about being gated.
  14. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Have you played goblin tickets games? One in particular. Where you have to feed hungry? Similar strategy. When you get first one just click on him few times until his health goes way up into yellow, then go to next one and so on. Stay close to the basket with potions to get quick.
    And dont activate ones that far away from it on your right. I think if you dont come closer to them they are not going to be counted.