A potent potable

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Alenna, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

I GIVE UP this is no fun and i am not having a happy gaming experience with nikka he'd better show up in the next area because i am unable to finish nika's quests in this area. because i['m gated on this one. tried made the target macro still didn't work. btw my friend who was on it with me had his update on the third try with out trying it it just updated for him. me i've tried 20+ times if nika is not at the next spot then i"M SOL on getting the cobalt scar questline done. the last time I tried I was targeting a poisoned othimir the antedote wouldnt work my chat was saying that it would only work on a poisoned othmir whichI was targeting a poisoned othmir so now the impossible to do quest for me is BUGGED So there is no way I will get the update on this stupid goblin game turned into an adventure quest and move on to the next area with nikka probably so won't be able to finsih cobalt scar questline will I .
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

iirc there is only 1 quest after that one with Nika. The main Adventure line is with Osh. The tradeskill line really continues after the combine camp with Nippa. You shouldn't have to be forced to finish this quest.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

I need to finish a Potent Potable to get to that 1 quest with Nika so I'm SoL because with my system and the lag I can't do it. it is impossible. and I have 4 more 95s I was going to do this quest-line on guess that isn't going to happen
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I was able to continue the lines on beta without finishing them. Neppa offered the Tradeskill quests and Osh was the updater for Adventure ones. The item you get after Potent Potable is a ranged item with 163 stats.

If I could do it for you, I would :(
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

nika doesn't give me the 2nd quest which I need to get osh's "Going Home" quest.which then takes me to yeppa's last stand. so i"m SoL unless my /petition works.

thanks for the thought.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

Please make this quest opitonal to do instead of needed to continue the questline I CAN'T DO IT. and nika won't give me a "Salty Farewell" which in need for osh's "Going Home" quest that leads to Yeppa's last stand there are no quest givers there for me because I can't get the quest that moves them over there. which means i can get no further on teh cobalt scar questline I so wanted to but it has been gated for with this IMPOSSIBLE to do goblin game made into an adventure quest there is a reason when use my goblin tickets that I don't do the one that has me feeding the hungry goblins. I can't do it.
  7. Skuffle Member

Okay, enough. I can go find other things to do...LOL. This is one SOE can keep.
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

were you able to get nika's "A salty farewell"?

Not being able to continue the the questline in this new area not making me very happy and thinking i'm having a fun time.
  9. Skuffle Member

Nope, unless I am missing something. I can't progress past this one and can find more to do in the game than this quest.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

then you are going to miss the rest of the cobalt scar questline like I am because you need to have this finished so that nika will give you "A salty farewell" and then Osh's next quest taking you to Yeppa's stand. and there is a good item at the end like the cloak at the end of the drinal steward quest-line.
  11. Thand Well-Known Member

the problem is that when the othmior first come they start at Dying so you have like 3 -4 seconds to hit them with a potion. usual get this with 3 dying on the 2nd or third try there are only 6 othmir so just concentrate on 3 close to the bowl and let the others die
  12. shaenmo New Member

Yeppa continues one of the tradeskill quests, but that line leads you into a very dangerous area if you have not been keeping up your adventure levels too. I dinged 95 on the line that leads over to the walled tents.
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

Another day another failure I am not having fun knowing I'm gated from finishing the quest line make this quest optional not part of the questlien.
  14. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I was sure they had a "failure feature" for that line, something like 3 failed attempts in a row? I will test that today.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

There was a failure-skip, but it was removed before it went live. Not sure if they are just allowing "A Salty Farewell" to be done without doing Potent Portable though, they may.
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Well that kind of blows. Don't they realize that players that have satellite internet or video issues might not be able to complete it? I thought that was why they put the failure mechanics in after so many attempts :(

I have a character that needs to start the adventure line today, so I will test it out if I can skip that, but I am certain you have to complete it for the farewell
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

GM has even said that was in the beta only.
  18. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Edit: Typed GM, changed to Dev...mistype.
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

that is my problem with my system even in extreme performance I only get max 11 or 12 frame rate which means a lage of 2-4 seconds.
  20. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I actually gave up on it...should try again I suppose. I got tired of clicking on othmir and targetting mercs or players instead. This quest reminds me of nothing less than the bandaging quest in WoW. I hated that one too, but at least it they gave you enough bandages to FINISH the quest and if you got your positioning right you could reach all 6 of the beds where patients spawned.