A Plea on Overland Zones in Velious and Beyond

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Zabjade, Aug 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    The very first thing I thought of is the disc from Stonebrunt to Sundered, where you would just fly into an invisible wall and get stuck there until you committed suicide by hitting your spacebar. How did they fix that? They just teleport you to Sundered now.
    I expect megafail when it comes to flying mounts and zone boundaries.
    As far as overland mazes are concerned, game companies in general create them to make the zone "feel" larger than it really is. I'll give you a classic example. In UO, the main landmass is effectively a maze and it seemed like a fairly large area to play in because you had to do a lot of running around to get from one place to another; but if you actually measured it, the whole continent would have been about the size of Central Park in New York.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Arandar@Everfrost wrote:

That's just it I want ACTUAL vast zones not landmazes.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

Arandar@Everfrost wrote:
    Yea. Without all the obsticles you could walk straight through and know for sure it isn't very big. EQ2 has examples of this even in the original content. I also expect all sorts of bugs with flying mounts. I also expect that bugs they claimed to have ironed out on the test server will still make their way onto the live/x servers.
  4. ARCHIVED-Chap Guest

I will have a big problem if the continent of Velious is "floating in the sky" like the last expansions. Viva la Kunark!
  5. ARCHIVED-Asif Guest

pantherr wrote:
    It sounds like you want to push all the soloers into a small zone now and how is that fair ?
    Hmm guess you did not play at launch then there was very little solo on the overland good try tho .:)
  6. ARCHIVED-Dekedar Guest

Chap@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I'm also VERY tired of floating islands. It feels like they make up half the game.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

That reminds me! A sea-floor for the Frostfang would be nice as well.
  8. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Lack of sea-floor has me afraid to take mah frog to Frostfang for fear if he went into the water it will end up with him dieing like if a bug fell off a cliff in Neriak: doesn't matter if Hydromotion allows them to run along the bottom as though they were on dryland if they are 20'000 leagues under the sea, the only way back up is to remove the Hydromotion which results in instantly being crushed by the full weight of the ocean
  9. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

-----------------
  10. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

They did a little better with Velious Part I the addition of Skys also adds to it. (BTW flying too high it might be better to zone into a random KoS Zone then hit the ceiling.)

I hope to keep up the pressure on the zones being more wide open and less cramped, so no backsliding!
  11. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

Shemyaza wrote:
    It was the best game out there after release. Although i considered it alpha, not even beta In that regard VG in release state IS the BEST game out there and will be for all time since nobody has a clue about mmo's anymore. Neither devs nor players.
    Among many other good features it had the best kiting mechanics. The mobs still where able to kill you. It took a drood and my shammy 5-10 minutes to kite down a single 4 dot and we have been quite a few time near death in this time. It was the worst xp per hour ever. We just did it to complete a quest. Still the "community" complained about kiting exploiters Retar**
    Damn good times to trio with a monk, disciple and shammy 4 and 5 dot orcs. This was realy skill and thrill. All gone for the sake of dumb and stopid uber achivers. I wish i had the money to buy it from SOE