A new part of the Theer Prophecy revealed!

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Llogwey, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

So what to make of this new symbol in the trim?
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Bolly@Vox wrote:
    That's just the Erudite's cultural symbol in a different font. You can clearly see the Triangle base supporting the crescent.
  3. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

I agree, seems a little more rounded this time, almost moon like and some kinda of leaves growing out of it
  4. ARCHIVED-Coniaric Guest

It's embellished "sigil" symbol.
    Base shape:
    [IMG]
    It's everywhere in Odus and in various styles, but the base shape is still the same. Everybody will get to see how the Erudites apply this to their artwork and archiecture soon.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gasheron Guest

Just more speculation but... What if the Freethinkers are the ones trying to resurrect Theer? I mean, the group seems to often be involved in the procuring of rare and powerful artifacts. The Claymore and the Soulfire are about as rare and powerful as you can get. And with the Freethinker symbol overlapping Theer's, it could be representing them cooperating, or being one and the same.
    They also openly oppose Mayong, who has claimed to be attempting to stop the prophecy and Norrath's destruction.
    I think I remember it being said somewhere that two of the people who were targetted by the void were members of the Freethinkers. If this is so, then that could explain why the void has become so interested in the two weapons, learning of the power they possess. And might also give more reason to the void infiltrating the advisors of both Qeynos and Freeport. Of course that's assuming that the betrayel against Lucan was also a void creature controlling Tayil, as Lucan was imprisoned in the void, and of the semi-similar events that happened to Antonia.
    If this is correct, and the Freethinkers are the ones to bring about Theer's resurrection, then the prophecy would seem to say that the joining of the Freethinkers and both swords would start the downfall, which is the blue part of the prophecy, and Theer would come back to actually perform it, like the red part of the prophecy. I don't remember what the three inner red symbols mean, so I don't know how they'd fit into that theory.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

the freethinkers oppose mayong because he's a vampire. or actually THE vampire. while the freethinkers do collect powerful artifacts and such, they do so with the intention of using them against powers like Mayong and probably Theer and the Void. I would guess the freethinking symbol being prominent with the Theer one on in the color coding may have things to do with thier influence. the Freethikers are very much a norrathian 'Illuminati' or 'Freemason' kind of society. they have thier fingers in everything, and keep out of sight. they had agents in New Tunaria, they have agents in Kunark, they have them in the shattered lands (one was spying/keep tabs on the guild hall construction) about the only places we've been that we haven't seen the Freethinkers is kos...since we first offically ran into them in the Peacock Club in DoF.
    on the negative side of things, the Void's influence stretchs far and wide as well, through possession of powerful norrathians and thier anchors, the push by Anashti to Norrath as well. they were hidden in Lavastorm and Kunark until recently exposed, and we've seen thier anchors in the moors, eof, and the shattered lands. the only place the Void seems inactive is DoF and KoS...except that now Anashti's prophet adn the avatar of the Forgotten One herself have made thier basecamp in the desert near the city that once worshipper her.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gasheron Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Honestly though, how much do we really know about their group? Other than that they oppose Mistmoore and hunt down vampires and werewolves? Why would such a group be featured so prominently in the Prophecy? And why don't we know more about their history?
  8. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Don't forget that rikantus everling is in maj'dul and alot of the artifacts and people that brought Anashti back were because of DoF
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Bolly@Vox wrote:
    Yes, but that's Anashti herself, not the void. Despite the connection between the two, there's a complete difference in relation.
  10. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

No Rikantus is directly related to the void! :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Could the blue+red symbols represent the Monoliths of Theer?
    Could the central blue figure represent Mayong?
    Has anyone tried using the Maidens of Theer statues in PoA with both weapons in inventory?
  12. ARCHIVED-BleemTeam Guest

with the level increase, it might be easier navigating around castle mistmoore and other zones, might be worth another look
  13. ARCHIVED-Glv Guest

Hmmm, can't believe I just now noticed this:
    [IMG]
    So it's not Rallos represented in the lower left after all...
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Triasa@Kithicor wrote:
    The icons really have nothing to do with anything. They're just item graphics. That symbol is still associated more Rallos Zek's races, and has been for much longer in history, than with El'Arad.

Besides. It's just a seal that bears an imprint of Arad's power. Chances are he could have done the same with anything else, but just chose whatever that little stone is.
  15. ARCHIVED-Glv Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    You know, you got me thinking now... Paineel's fighting both El'Arad and the Tallonites. There's a possible alliance there, between the Zeks and El'Arad. Might explain why his minions are in possession of these things.
    Or, like the use of these symbols in EoF, it could be nothing, lol.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

You do raise a nice string theory there. Now you got me wondering about that.
  17. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    I'm not sure about the icon not having to do with anything. Players have commented several times about how difficult it is to read number on the seal icon and asking for it to be changed, and the dev response has been that they didn't want to change it because of the lore behind the symbol...
  18. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Eveningsong wrote:
    They might have been talking about the Mark of Manar icon rather than the seal icon in terms of having a lore association. However, the Tallonites definately do bear more explaining/story.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    When people were complaining about the number on the token being invisiible when stakced and wanting to change the icon or its color the developers specifically stated that the icons on the tokens are there for LORE purposes. In other words they are NOT item graphics they are intended to be there for LORE.
  20. ARCHIVED-Mustang8259 Guest

I understand what you're saying... but I think you're missunderstanding the others... they don't want to alter the symbol, not necesarilly that it's a placeholder for that particular item. Personally i've given up on trying to associate each of those symbols with a praticular diety or event, because it feels like every time the devs can't come up with a symbol for an item or something, they say "Hey, let's just re-use one of those lore symbols we keep floating around to keep everyone guessing about what they really relate to." Until a Dev denies that i'm sorry, but i've seen the symbols re-used on way, way too many different items that seem to have abosultely no relevance to eachother. I wish I still had the screenies, but I'm pretty sure that symbol is even on a stone pillar outside the cave that leads to the Crushbone area in Gfay, now how would that relate to anything in which your currently talking the symbol could relate to? =p