A new part of the Theer Prophecy revealed!

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Llogwey, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Uncaged Guest

Mustang8259 wrote:
    Shrug. Orcs, Zek? Who knows........
  2. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

Sorry to rez an older thread, but I'm hoping someone can help me...
    Does anyone have a picture of the calendar drawn out (like they did it in photoshop or whatnot)? And was there ever a consensus on what each symbol means? I'm sure this has probably been answered somewhere, but I've not found it.
    Thanks in advance!!
  3. ARCHIVED-Rezikai Guest

Aerfen@Lucan DLere wrote:
    here ya go! #1 from eq1
    [IMG]
    The ring from Anashti's room in EQ2
    [IMG]
    the merge...
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

Rezikai wrote:
    YAY!!! Thank you so very much!!
  5. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

As far as I know, we've only been able to pin a few down. Problem is, some of these symbols are lost to us in EQ2 and you'd actually have to go back into EQ1 and look around to find answers.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Maergoth wrote:
    You won't find the answers to those symbols in EQlive, that's for sure. The importance of the runes and decyphering what they mean is a problem only addressed in EQ2. Yeah, they showed up in EQlive, but their importance wasn't even mentioned or attempted.
  7. ARCHIVED-Llogwey Guest

Well, I just saw that the following picture had not been posted anywhere and though I don't know if I have the right to post it here... I think it can be useful for everybody...
    (if SOE thinks it has to be removed well, ok...) This image is taken from the 10th Anniversary Everquest hardcover book, and it has many details and explanations that should still be used I suppose, unless our dear Cronyn says otherwise?
    [IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

It dawned on me that the three wavy lines might represent one of two things:
    Prexus, where the wavy lines literally represent the waves of the ocean.
    Or the Scars of Velious, where Veeshan herself left three gigantic claw marks on the continent of Velious.

As mentioned by the Duality in the prelude quest (in case anyone missed it), the outermost ring might represent the timeline of events that leads to Age's End, whereas the innermost ring might represent events that must occur to prevent Age's End.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

It may just be coincidence, but those 3 wavey lines did show up on ancient images on the walls of Upper Guk in EQlive, along with crude images of frogloks, as if depicting a story.
  12. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

Panel 1: EQOA? or maybe an untouched prequel
    Panel 2: Everquest Live
    Panel 3: Everquest 2
    Panel 4: Later EQ2 / EQLive expansion
  13. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Interesting.
    I'm actually curious. Who created the Frogloks? I know Mithaniel Marr blessed them, but who originally created them?
  14. ARCHIVED-Hilt Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Courtesy of the Everquest 1 manual...The Elder Age :
    "In time the other gods noticed Veeshan's work, and being often petty and jealous beings, they too came upon Norrath, intent upon leaving their mark.
    Brell Serilis was first, and from his Plane of Underfoot, a dark realm of vast caves and endless tunnels, he quietly created a magical portal to a cavern deep in the belly of Norrath. Through this portal the Duke of Underfoot seeded the depths of Norrath with all manner of creatures. Brell then returned home, sealing his portal within a labyrinthine chamber of mystical Living Stone.
    And when the other gods came to Norrath, Brell Serilis approached each of them, and after some time convinced them to meet as one to discuss the fate of the world.
    The Great Mother Tunare, and Prexus, The Oceanlord were in attendance, and Rallos Zek, the warlord, was also there, yet in mistrust kept his distance.
    Brell, carefully avoiding all queries as to the origins of his information, told of Veeshan's discovery of the new and potentially powerful world in which she had deposited her brood.
    Words befit of the King of Thieves poured forth from Brell's lips and he proposed that they accept an alliance of sorts, to which all save Rallos Zek agreed, ignorant of the fact that Brell had already released some of his creations into the Underfoot of this new world.
    The planet that would be called Norrath was divided up between these beings of power for the purpose of keeping the Dragon Wurmqueen in check.
    Each would create a race of beings to watch over Norrath and keep a vigilant eye on the schemes of Dragonkind.
    Brell claimed the bowels of the planet and created the Dwarves, stout and strong, deep beneath the mountains of Norrath.
    In the abysmal depths of the oceans Prexus left his children, the Kedge, hearty aquatic beings of great mental power and stamina.
    And on the surface of Norrath did Tunare create the Elves, creatures of limitless grace and beauty, and Rallos Zek the Giants, fierce and formidable beings, intent upon the defense of their lands."
    So Brell Serilis gave life to the depths Norrath and Mithaniel Marr watched over them and nurtured their species.
    What deity they follow now is player defined...Mine follows Karana because I can't see myself following a guy obsessed with his "dead" sister...
  15. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Thanks for this, but it really doesn't say who specifically created the Frogloks. Unless you are implying they are a creation of Brell Serilis.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

From Pond To Paladin in the Plane of Knowledge supposedly explains that the original Froglok race was also created by Mithanial Marr, but this info was revealed quite late into the game, and could have been a retcon itself. However, there wasn't any other theories or speculation of where the original race came from other than that during that whole time.

Wait... did those stories explain how the first froglok race came to intellegence from Mithanial Marr as well? I don't remember exactly if it says that the race was created by Mithanial Marr, or just given intellegence by him twice. If he didn't directly create them, then we're right back to where we started.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Now that does explain Froglok origins. Thank you.
    I suspected there was a link between Prexus and the Frogloks, but the only link is indirect: Tarew Marr is the father of Mithaniel and Erollisi Marr, and is the Elemental god of liquid water. Without Tarew Marr's elemental power of water, there would be no need for Prexus.
    I'd be willing to bet the "From Pond to Paladin" story is itself a retcon, which was throw in only after Frogloks became a playable race in EQ1, several years after EQ1 released.
  19. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

If I remember correctly, Frogloks were intended to be a playable race from the beginning of EQ2, just unlocked via questing to make them more unique (and also because they weren't quite ready at release hehe!)
  20. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Yeah, Frogloks were not playable on either game at launch. They came to EQ1 with the Legacy of Ykesha expansion. And EQ2 after the Spirits of the Lost quest was completed for the first time on the server.