A change to spell damage types before its too late.

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Kalel22, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

Make a detailed thread about the problems wizards are having on the wizard boards and forward the link to Raijiin. He will help you out as long as its well written and thought out. Surging Tempest isnt fire based is it? Thats pretty nice dmg there as well. Along with your concussive wave that isnt bad dmg on a mob that is resistant to fire.

You have the following dmg on a fire immune mob -

Ice Comet - This is huge dmg
    Icy Wind - AE DoT that ticks similar to Devastation on a 16 sec recast.
    Arctic Icicles - Small DoT and Debuff
    Surging Tempest - Huge Dmg.
    Concussive Wave - 2000 Dmg.
    Frost Shield - Very nice reactive dmg.

Thats just off the top of my head. I know I am missing a few spells as well.

With Warlocks we have the following on Poison immune mobs -

Thrwart - 1800ish dmg - long recast
    Ice Flame (lvl 35 spell 30 sec recast) - 800 or so dmg
    Vulian Intrusion - 60 dmg.
    Word of Force (lvl 20 spell) - 150 or so dmg.

Our only sustainable dmg is a lvl 20 nuke. Bad.

While I can appreciate your comments about support I dont think that wizards are nearly as bad off as warlocks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Maelwys1 Guest

I'd like to see this also involve a tweak to maelstrom line of debuffs - to also debuff disease, Or better yet, changing the debuff/nill crystal spell we dont use anymore (cuz it sux) to a disease debuff.
  3. ARCHIVED-Panador Guest

Another thing that bothers me though - from a roleplay perspective though, nothing game-breaking or whatever - are the ice spells we got. While I like Thwart and Ice Flame (k, not necessarily IF, it`s a multi-class spell)) I`d rather have them to be disease-based spells with a new disease-style animation.
  4. ARCHIVED-Maelwys1 Guest

true to a point, we are disease/poison casters - but for the first 20 levels, we cast, fire, ice, lightning -no reason for those spell lines to END completely
    did we forget what we knew in the beginning?
  5. ARCHIVED-Panador Guest

Well, we are a poison/disease class and we got only poison/(disease... -_-) spells except Thwart and I don`t like this "half-done" thing, I`d rather have Thwart be a disease spell with a whole new disease-like animation etc.

On the other hand it`s sad that 10-19 sorcerers got only fire/ice spells while we can specialize in fire/ice or poison/disease, imo there 10-19 spells should be made up 50-50 of fire/ice-poison/disease. 1-9 it`s the same thing, only sorcerer spells, no summoner/enchanter spells. The whole spell line-up is not very well done and should be changed imo to account for all classes.
  6. ARCHIVED-Erowid Guest

Wow, just checked back here on a whim.... I see you guys are STILL battling the inept SOE to fix things. Kalabus, U know we asked the same thing in DoF beta and the thread was never listen too.... do you actually think SOE knows what your talking about. They might see the thread.. or even read it, but they have no clue what your talking about.

Anyways, I just wanted to chime in with ole' Warlock buds and see how your carring the torch... I have to admit my life is way more enjoyable since I canced EQ2 and me and my friend are maxing each free trial out there until Dark & Light comes out.
  7. ARCHIVED-Maelwys1 Guest

can i have yer stuff?
    Take your doom and gloom elsewhere. i'm having a blast playing my broken warlock -
    are there things i'd like changed? Sure!
    But i've long since learned that the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side... till you get there.
    For now, i'm content.
  8. ARCHIVED-Nergall Guest

True warlocks now are lots of fun.

Yes diffrent from what we were by quite a few things ,but fun wise i still enojy my class alot.

Takes some changing to gaming style and precption of our roll now.

Although I do agree that some things should be fixed like the one dmg type as an example.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lyasa Guest

even more fun, are the poison/ice immune mobs, not many, but i have run across 2-3 in Silent City and LT.
    so having actual disease damage, rather than just disease based debuffs (maelstrom is disease, and used to do disease damage) would be nice.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

/sigh.. few weeks past and no answer or comments. What do we have to do?

Bump this shiz.
  11. ARCHIVED-TheBladesCaress Guest

Warlock changes:
    - Aura of Darkness now does disease damage instead of poison.
    - Negative Absolution now does disease damage instead of poison.
    - Suffocating Breath now does disease damage instead of poison.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

Yes. Good. We can put this thread to bed baby! Good work SoE!
  13. ARCHIVED-Max122 Guest

Aye but I would have still like to see one of our DD lines go disease as well either soul blister or distortion line. But definetly great news for us.
  14. ARCHIVED-Darton Guest

Just be happy we got some attention. The poor guardians have been waffling along in their current state... which franklly has been garbage.
  15. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

Well we have dd spells that arent poison based. So in raids we still have teh choice here.