25% Bonus Station Cash WEEK!!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Nov 17, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

[IMG]
    Too many cute things on the marketplace to pick just one?
    Take advantage of our 25% bonus to your Station Cash, this coming week! From 11-23 to 11-29, you can redeem your store bought Station Cash card for a 25% bonus to its face value.
    For one whole week, players with active accounts in good standing in EverQuest, EverQuest II and Free Realms can take advantage of this special promotional offer from Sony Online Entertainment. Simply purchase any pre-paid Free Realms (don't worry that it says Free Realms, it works for EQ and EQII also!) Station Cash retail game card at any one of our participating retailers and redeem that card during the promotional period for a 25% bonus to your Station Cash.
    To take advantage of this offer, go to any of our select retail partners: 7-Eleven, Best Buy, Blockbuster, CVS, Rite Aid, Speedway, Target, Toys R Us, or Wal Mart and purchase any pre-paid Free Realms Station Cash retail game card. Redeem your card online through www.station.sony.com during the promotional period.
    Only cards redeemed between Monday, November 23rd (after 10:00am PST) and Sunday, November 29th (before 10:00pm PST) will receive the 25% Station Cash value bonus. Cards may be purchased anytime in advance, but to receive the promotional Station Cash bonus, cards must be redeemed successfully during the promotional period. Once successfully redeemed, your Wallet Balance will reflect your new pre-paid Station Cash balance plus your bonus 25% Station Cash value.
    The Station Cash granted through Free Realms starter card packs will not be included in this offer.
    Thanks to LtDarkstar on the EQII forums for the easy instructions on redeeming your cards:
    • At http://www.station.sony.com/ Click on "MY ACCOUNT" on the top navigation
    • From the drop down menu select "Enter Activation Code"
    • On the Enter Activation Code screen, select "STATION CASH" in the GAME drop down menu and enter your card number in the space provided
    VOILA! 25% bonus!
    You can ALSO go to "My Account" ---> "Subscription Info" on the drop down and select the "STATION CASH BALANCE". Then click on "ADD FUNDS" under your account balance. You will see a screen with purchase selections, you want to look at the bottom where it says "OR" ENTER ACTIVATION CODE. You can enter your card number here as well and you will get your bonus points.
  2. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

What about Walgreens? We carry them in our store. You stated, select, but excluded us so i would assume we do not count, unless you just missed us in mentioning them?
  3. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Nice! Is there any legal issue if I purchase a card for an international friend and give him the number during the time, so he can redeem the station cash and gain the bonus?
  4. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Vortexelemental@The Bazaar wrote:
    It shouldn't matter where you buy the cards, it just sounds like they may have made specific marketing agreements with certain "select retail partners". Good for people to know that they are available at Walgreens, though :) I recall people having problems finding the cards last time round. Not at all sure where I could find them here in Canada...
  5. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Eveningsong wrote:
    I wouldn't take the chance. Only purchase them from listed retailers. Several people over at Free Realms purchased cards that were listed on this site and not FR's site during the last promotion, and they finally had to get on the phone with CS several times before the extra amounts were applied.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Actually, Walgreens wasn't on my list because I didn't know that Walgreens carried them and if it wasn't in the documentation that I had to draw information from to put this together, then I didn't include it.
    And no, there is no issue giving a friend the code to redeem during that time.
    Also, please note: The cards say Free Realms on them, but they can be used for EQ and EQII as well.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Glad to hear that, Kiara. I know some FR folks had a huge headache over this last time. There's a list to the retailers here, but I actually don't see Walgreens on the list anymore (it used to be!).
  8. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

And I'm guessing this won't work for convenience of online purchasing station cash.
    Best Buy in my area, I tried last promo time to get a station cash card, but they very frequently can't connect to some server something to activate serial code products like SC cards, ah well.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Lets do another double station cash imo.
  10. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Posting my handy visual aid so everyone knows what they're looking for!
    [IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Well, we carry the 1000 point Free Realms card, i was the one who hung it on our new rack. I don't know if all Walgreens are up to date on their gift card sections but we just got our reset in about two weeks ago in time for christmas.
  12. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

The last cards I bought, which did work, I got from Block Buster Video. In my area (North Oklahoma City, OK), Best Buy and Walgreens did not have any nor did it look like they had a place reserved for them among similar cards.
  13. ARCHIVED-VuurvinkTijgeroog Guest

Personally, I think it stinks that those cards are/seem only available in the USA. This once again leaves out us in Europe/outside of the USA. Why not give a % bonus on digitally bought StationCash as well??
  14. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Vuurvink@Lucan DLere wrote:
    'Cause they're trying to increase their retail presence.
  15. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Exactly, they want to give retailers a reason to stock these cards, that's the whole point of the promotion.
  16. ARCHIVED-VuurvinkTijgeroog Guest

Then I'd like for EU stores to carry them as well :p
  17. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

I still wish they'd put EQ2's name SOMEWHERE on the card. And any other game that this SC is good for. For some reason that snide overbearing jerk of a squirrel kinda ticks me off.
  18. ARCHIVED-demonwrym Guest

he reminds me of sonics sidekick tbh
  19. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Fayle@Mistmoore wrote:
    Chatdy the Creepy Squirrel is his official name, I think. ;)
  20. ARCHIVED-NightGod473 Guest

You've got to be kidding me-I just added a $25 card yesterday, I should have known!