Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Evilary Well-Known Member

Nope, it's a bird that screams when you aren't diving....:D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Iirc, just about all of them make some kind of noise when you plunge out of the sky, straight down, seemingly intent on breaking both your necks. I'd squawk too, if it were me. ;->

Uwk
    GrunEQ, Twyla, SolarFaire and 2 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Now that I have your attention... ;->

I'm actually not sure where to put this. I'd call it a bug, except it's been going on for so long it's nearly a feature, and while it does affect the Look and Feel to an extent, it's more a mechanical thing:

What's up with "midnight" coming at 11:00 pm, PST, with regards to the Loyalty Merchant tasks?? :-/ How tough would it be to set that for the actual 12:00 once the excrescence that is Daylight Savings stops? :-/

Seriously; I was in the middle of finishing up, just in the nick of time, when time nicked me right back and I went from needing only 1-2 more "Make 8 things!" to complete my having slain 25 things, and the instant I finished, I got kicked over to a completely awful, lousy, no-good, terrible set of things to complete instead. X-P

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's more of a code thing.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Odd, the one time I stayed up late to finish up, mine reset at 2 AM, which would be midnight PST. But that was 4 or so years ago.
  6. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

[IMG]

I will never get tired of housing in this game. Seems I need to get another bookshelf >.>
    GrunEQ, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Ttobey, how do I get a signed Quacken T-Shirt. The new designs are cool, but you know....

You should totally try get a special design made up with a bunch of things you've added. Ducks, Rabbits, Meatbeast etc.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What Quacken T shirt?
  9. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Not including what's in the Condemned Catacombs of the former, is there anything in the waters surrounding Antonica, Commonlands, and the Enchanted Lands, that hasn't been discovered?
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Exactly. I need one. Class symbols are good and stuff, but Quacken....
  11. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Having been about half a year since i started playing again, how is it that the Island of Mara doesn't have a bridge over that inlet separating the FSTC post from the Villagers?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Some environment artist 20 years ago probably forgot it.
  13. Dgkelly38 Active Member

It's also a bit odd that wands and staves still are used like hammers and halberds. Will that be changed with the next expansion, or is that one more thing to put into EQ3?
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Staves I can understand; anyone who's seen any Robin Hood bits (or Far Eastern monk moves) will know immediately that that's what staves are used for: smacking people with a blunt piece of wood, though there is a big difference between swinging it around like a pike maul and holding it broadly between your two hands so you have, in essence, three "sections" of wood: either end, and the length in the middle for defense. ;->

With wands, well, they often get the ranged weapons and melee weapons confused in the graphics; many's the time I've "shot" something with my shield and axe as Uwk here, for instance. When one of my squishy wand-wielder Hordelings uses a wand to do a ranged attack, it's not so much like spell-casting moves (fling hands, feet, etc. about dramatically, have something emerge from all that and blast towards the target) as it is swatting flies from 50' away. :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No plans to change.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

So it's all about RNG? :p
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I swear to god....
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Don't we all. X-P

Uwk
  19. Dgkelly38 Active Member

You might want to reconsider, since it's because i said wands, used by Mages, first that i wasn't referring to bo staves.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can see where "top-heavy" Mage type staves as opposed to quarterstaff-like things might be seen by the devs as actually being swung around like pike mauls, but in just about every other fictional Mage type character I've seen, be it in books, comics, TV, movies, etc., etc., etc., using your Big Magic Repository Stick as a melee weapon, even one with reach beyond say, a mace, is the LAST thing any of those old geezers or young fluffy things would EVER want to do with it. :-/

Probably started way back in EQ1, though... :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.