Direct X 11 issues

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Raeven, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Bunji Developer

I updated the Test patcher and reverted the d3dcompiler_47.dll back to same version we ship with Live, hopefully that will help with the Win7 api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Thanks Bunji. That does indeed remove the api error but takes me back to 'needs DX11.1' error.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

Yeah, this fixed my error I was getting and I am also at needs DX11.1 error. I checked and windows stand alone updater says I have the latest version already installed.

DirectX 11.1 is available for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 RS SP1, with Platform Update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 (KB2670838).
  4. Bunji Developer

Might be worth running DXDiag, click on "Display 1" and see if 11_1 shows in the Feature Levels.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

I already checked. DXdiag doesn't show the feature levels and my card only handles 11_0, which is listed as the new minimum, but not the recommended. And if that error is really pointing to the feature level version it should probably be re-worded to make that clear. Too many version 11-1 variants!
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

@Bunji can we also please get a default 4k UI update as well when dx 11 goes live?
    Sturmlocke and Siren like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Truly? Oh thank goodness! :D

That's gonna be the LAST Windows OS I get, probably. ;->

Uwk
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy! :(

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that, but I can easily see it being a major issue for other folks. Damn. :(

I do see even 10 as yet another way for MS Winduhs to make less and less of our own computers accessible to us; Win11 is removing so damn much I won't get near it willingly. :(

Uwk
  9. Bunji Developer

Ticket to update Test is in, should be done in a few hours. Has fixes for sun shaft setting crashing the client.
    Sturmlocke, Siren, Praezeptor and 2 others like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that changed error is the exact same one I got as well on my Win7, and Evilary as well. :-/

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One thing I don't get with all of this...do we really need this? :-/

Okay, granted, there was a time when I first started playing way back when, some.....oh lordy, 18 years ago, with a Win98 box and dial-up as a connection. I had to run -- well, limp -- with Graphics all but turned off entirely, just about, and Performance cranked as much as possible (one of the major issues EQ2 had back then, I think: the absolute requirement for the latest/greatest computers and connections to play it; one of the major successes WoW had back then was that it wasn't necessary for them. Of the three games I was in: this, WoW, and City of Heroes, WoW was by far the most forgiving [it sucks in all sorts of other ways, but not that]; you could probably play it on a Blackberry phone now, if they still exist ;->).

As such, being able to see every single li'l raindrop! :D and every single li'l blade of grass! :D was never a huge priority for me, not when I couldn't even successfully see a large group of gnolls before they pounced on our group (usually avoiding the main tank [me] to go around and get everyone else) or get into our guild hall or my own house afterwards (after 2.5 to 3 literal minutes to zone anywhere; I timed several occurrences out of scientific curiosity). X-P Seeing every ring of my sets of chain mail on my Scout toons was fun, once we got DSL and Win7, and later cable for the Internet and Win10, but it isn't necessary as long as the game works. X-P

Uwk
  12. Dockter Well-Known Member

DXVertexShader.cpp error still exists as of 7:10pm CST.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Raeven like this.
  13. Praezeptor Member

Update to Post #11, #49
    DGCBuild=17813T
    Im playing for about 5 hours with "Sun Shafts" "on", without error or crashes. Seems to be fixed (for me).
  14. Raeven Well-Known Member

Since the patch last night, I have zoned in and out of my guild hall, zoned around inside it via telepads, on 3 toons and no crash thus far. Yay!
  15. Dockter Well-Known Member

Last nights update fixed the Shader error I was getting.
  16. Evilary Well-Known Member

I hope the directx 11.1 issue is fixed. I would hate to lose my access to play the game once this goes to live servers.
    Tkia, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Raeven like this.
  17. Chikkin Well-Known Member

By saying this do you mean you are still getting an error? If so, posting it would help more than what you posted.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I tried to download Direct X11, Microsoft said I had a newer version and quit.

Isn't there one I can manually download and install ?
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I tried again today...didn't get any errors immediately after downloading new files! Didn't get any while it went through its "ohhh, here I go, moving that green bar across the box, even with all the diodes aching down my left side" like it always does on any machine, no matter how sophisticated or not! Got all the way to what my screens look like in their Windowed mode, only to finally get an error:

Everquest 2 requires DirectX 11.1, moron. What were you thinking?

or something to that effect, even though the Minimum Requirements said 11.0. X-P

Gonna try the Win10, Dx12, and just resign myself to not being on Test (and maybe the rest of the game itself, if they keep insisting on this) any more on the desktop. X-P

EDIT: And apparently, updating the drivers won't help for my Win7 box, because it's a matter of a HARDWARE upgrade requirement. X-P

Y'know, it sounds a lot like it did back in the day, when EQ2 and WoW came out around about the same time. Not only was WoW actually advertising, but their computer requirements were infinitely less; hence, lots more customers. :-/

Though I do blame SONY, rather than SOE; they were probably still smarting over that whole "but, Betamax is better! :(" thing.

EDIT: Okay! Got in with the Win10, Dx12 laptop! Sort of! Nothing but BLACK in the Character Select screen except the text (like others have gotten)! X-P Gonna try getting actually in the game with a toon; brb...

EDIT: Okay, got in with a toon, my main Carpy there. It looks like she's at the bottom of a coal mine at midnight, with thick cloud cover overhead: pitch black, except for text: other character labels, mail, etc., but nothing I can actually really target. X-P

Gonna try buying the Brewday recipe book; wish me luck... :-/

EDIT: Hmm. Okay, not gonna try finding them in the Bar of Brell; right now I'm at the Freeport docks, and while I imagine heading up to the surface might work (if the "you are now drowning, idiot" bar shows up), I still wouldn't really have any idea where the Travel Within Freeport or World Bells would be; I tried a highlight on the map and got the sound effects for a trail, but I can't see anything. X-P

I'll probably have to blunder around with one and a half eyes on an open map...is Daredevil a DCUO character or is he Marvel? ;->

EDIT: Hmm! Finally made it out of town by tripping over the Within Freeport Travel thing and getting to West FP (that map showed up!), then running face-first into the gate leading out. But now that I'm out in The Commonlands, the map itself does NOT look like the usual sort, with varying shades of green, tan, etc.; it's much more a monochromatic sepia-tone sort of map, like what you'd get when you were looking to use FastTravel. :-/ There's nothing in the way of detail, really; the default sites are there, even the stuff I've added POI-wise, but hardly anything else. If the Erollisi Day PQ is still up there, I'm not seeing any indication of where it's at, currently, which would make it really difficult for me to even (literally) blindly try to head out that way and join it. :-/

If the map were back to its usual self, I think I could find the Bar of Brell, but not like this. :-/

The soundtrack music is also very generic, very "you are in the midst of zoning" rather than The Commonlands usual theme. :(

When I went back into Freeport, I got the Freeport soundtrack, and whenever I click on a Travel Within Freeport bell, the city map that comes up is the usual one, with all its myriad varied details and what not; that hasn't changed. Weird. :-/

Everything's fine while zoning; that operates like it should. What the sepia-toned outdoors map reminds me of is the map you also get when you're using a Travel Bell of any sort: just pretty featureless in comparison. :-/

EDIT: Okay, I've tried a World Travel Bell thing out to the docks of The Commonlands, and as it turns out, the PQ is running again (on the sepia-toned map); my timing was off for that earlier. Still pretty pointless if I can't see anything to pick up or fight... X-P

EDIT: Okay, tried using FastTravel to get to the docks of Gorowyn, since the Bar of Brell is pretty easy to find there. Still the same sepia-toned map (unless I look up Gorowyn proper vs. Timorous Deep; then, I get a proper city map), and I completely forgot about the SCALE involved; it's not that conducive to tiny li'l details. X-P

Like, for instance, all those changes of heights and whatnot at the docks themselves... X-P D'oh!

EDIT: Well, heading to New Halas didn't help much, either...I haven't tried to get into a house of mine and travel that way, but here's this for nothing: my FPS didn't improve much beyond what they were originally: high double-digits to occasionally low triple-digits. I got no advantage whatsoever, and a serious disadvantage. X-P

EDIT: Managed to get to New Halas via housing zoning; that worked, but I'm still blind as a bat. Tried spinning around randomly in a somewhat open spot, according to the map, and could trip over nothing but Erollisi stuff. X-P

So much for testing Brewday things... :(

Uwk
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  20. Evilary Well-Known Member

Well, I posted it yesterday so this was basically a follow up since no word has been said about this and several people listed this issue.

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Chikkin like this.