Direct X 11 issues

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Raeven, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Tkia Well-Known Member

Less to do with being scared and more to do with not being able to login through the various errors.
  2. Saelfina Member

Update from my earlier post.

Logged into Test just fine. I do see a bit of improvement in graphics (sharper looking).

Thank you!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen. I can't get in on either of my computers. X-P

EDIT: But! I got a brand new error message on my Win7 desktop (collect them all! :D):

EverQuest2.exe - System Error
    The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

As far as I know, I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MY COMPUTER TO DESERVE THIS. :mad:

EDIT: Okay, I take that back, provisionally; apparently, my Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.121, which is part of the whole "Oh, we're not realllly gonna give up on Win7 altogether; we just threatened to! /giggle :D" package, thought that particular .dll was a Bad Thing. X-P

But it's such an old Bad Thing, I'm not sure where to get another copy of it these days. :-/

(And don't tell me to get a new desktop, we don't have the cash for it [nor will I willingly touch Win11 with a 10 meter nuclear cattle prod].)

Uwk
    Raeven likes this.
  4. Evilary Well-Known Member

Ok then, get an old desktop. :D
    Raeven and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It ain't the hardware so much, it's the OS. ;->

Uwk
    Raeven and Sturmlocke like this.
  6. Evilary Well-Known Member

Once they stop support on 7, I'll be going to a Linux build. I have windows 11 on a laptop and I can barely play EQ2 because Windows 11 hogs all the RAM.
  7. Evilary Well-Known Member

Ok, I checked. I am getting the exact same message on my Windows 7 desktop. Bold and red in the quote above. I am working to see if there are updates available that can resolve this issue but since Windows 7 is out of service life, probably not unless I missed some updates before it stopped.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Raeven like this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

Even the character selection background is black.

only one entry in debug log:
    [0216/074934.348:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(440)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is disabled
  9. Praezeptor Member

Update to my Post #11
    Disabling the Option "Sun Shafts" as Bunji said, seems to resolve my problem with crashes at zoning or login.

Error has gone:
    G:\test\eq2\framework\core\devices\directx11\DXVertexShader.cpp(174):
    DirectX Error. (error)
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You can still get win 10 systems ;)
  11. Raeven Well-Known Member

I played for at least 3 hours last night. Did an instance in Zimara Breadth, overland quests in Aether Wroughtlands, and the Chronoportals Public Quest. Only crashed once, and predictably it was in my guild hall. Managed to re-enter game and exit guild hall after that crash.
  12. Smashey Well-Known Member

I still cant even launch the test client. I keep getting the G:/ drive error posted earlier in the thread.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

Win 10 is the abomination that ripped out the customisation tools that I need to work around my vision problems and as a result is virtually unusable for me.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Downloading test... 2 gigs done out of 28 gigs.
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

Just copy the paks folder down from your live folder and then patch.
  16. Arclite Well-Known Member

Just logged on to test - fresh install. Crash first up from launcher, restarted launcher and tried and again and got into the game.

Running it at 4k extreme quality with all sliders maxed out. Was running ok but did not notice a lot of stutter. It appears the frame time and the 1% lows are not very good at the moment. Fluctuations of of 100 frames going from 250 to 150 every other second when moving around. On live you do get drops but they are not noticeable as stutter where the screen pauses for a fraction of a second.

Qeynos harbor running around: Highs of 220 fps with sharp drops to high 90s with stutter.
    Plane of magic: 350+ fps with dips to 200s.

By the way I also noticed a new option called "hardware" and cpu core index, not sure I have seen that before. Is that something added with dx 11 or been there from before?

Hardware specs:

7800x3d @ 5 ghz all core.
    32 gb 6000 MT/s
    RTX 4080
    running the game from 2TB Gen 4 pci NVME.
  17. Kaladz Active Member

That settings isn't related to DX11 and is on live. If you have a 12-14th gen intel cpu you want to make sure to select a cpu core that isn't an e-core for best performance.
  18. Lylah New Member

Was able to log in with no issues - Wroughtlands, PQ, avatar camps.

Zoned into housing (Mistmoore Estate) and immediately crashed and can't log in, even on other alts apparently parked in the same zone.

UPDATE: RESOLVED with 17813T patch last night(2/16). Thank you!
  19. Bunji Developer

This might be due to the d3dcompiler_47.dll I shipped. Let me make sure I grabbed the correct one from the redistributable package. You can try deleting that file and running the TestServer EverQuest2.exe manually and see if that helps.

The Hardware core selection was added a while ago to help with Performance-cores / Efficient-cores selection.

We have a fix for the sun shafts that should go in next build which I plan for today.
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

When the update first hit Test I originally had the 'eq2 needs DX 11.1 error. This DX version is apparently supplied by the Platform Update for Win 7 (KB2670838)

After Bunji played with the dlls and I re-patched the error changed to: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing. This file is apparently part of a C++ distribution update (KB2999226)

No changes were made on my system between the two errors, and according to windows update history both of the relevant updates are already installed on the system.