It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Feb 7, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xibalbax New Member

How about the homes locked up in LON; I spent a lot of money and did not getting the premium house I want thru LON. Now, I use the free premium house for all of my toons. No money out of my pocket and certainly not in yours, either. A missed monetary stream?

How about the beginning of Ever Quest (I) a feature. Good toons get good quests; evil toons can only get evil quests. Neutral toons can do both as long as they do not get too far out of their enlightenment. Also, some mounts, houses, etc. are associated with your alignment. So, it is possible to be a good aligned toon, living in Nerik, ....
    Kattt and Carribea like this.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

Is it possible to add XP to the signature questlines in prior post-100 expacs to allow them to be viable places to level, rather than being forced to always do Planes of Prophecy > Blood of Luclin > VoV? Thalumbra, Kunark Ascending, Chaos Decending, and most recenlty Reign of Shadows are the expacs of which I am speaking.
  3. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Will the Coldain's Linked Armor Set, from the New Halas city vendor, be tweaked so the Leg, Feet, Hands, Head, and Forearm slot items match the Chest and Shoulder slot items? They don't appear to match.
    Rargo, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Sheyn like this.
  4. Vhardamis New Member

Will we be getting a corrected water tiles this year? Also would it be possible to get a search function by keyword for moving crates? i just moved my guildhall and it is insane to find anything in there when its a couple hundred item types.
    Sheyn, Kattt, Mugwort and 2 others like this.
  5. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Are there any plans to increase the font sizes in the other windows? I have to play at a lower resolution than my monitor is capable of just because I can't read the journals or any other text other than the chat window, which I can resize the text there. I would say about half of your player base is old enough to need glasses and has played for years by squinting at the text on the screen.
  6. Juganaught New Member

Can you create a hardcore server where 1 death results in permanent death without resurrection? Also a high scores list per class including categories such as combat level, achievement points, NPC kills, ect would be fun. If someone dies, their character name can become grayscale on the high scores list and others can try to pass them.
  7. Prayos Well-Known Member

Will Census ever get some more useful data for Overseer Agents/Quests? Or just an update in general to how some data (or lack thereof) is returned?

Can someone elaborate on the reason for doing DirectX 11 and not DirectX 12?
    Rargo, Breanna, Sheyn and 1 other person like this.
  8. Carribea Active Member

if someone already asked these, my apologies.
    1. why is there a 5 day long timer on Overseer loot items, it's all heirloom, and can you guys get rid of that please, the timer i mean, takes up more bag slots.
    2. could you all please bring back the map help for npcs, quest items and such? if not every one wants to use that maybe make it an optional thing, some of us are sadly very directionally challenged.
    3. the exp gain in zimara went from one extreme to the next, could you all please balance that some.
    4. could we please get a double status as well as xp week or weekend and please more cash shop sales?
    5. i keep hearing about an inflation of plat, all i ever loot is no trade or heirloom, where do people get all their plat from? mine goes to my merc, guildhall and such.
    6. being forced to use Heroic Opportunities is not really a good thing, since it prevents from using skills some of us prefer to use in a fight.....Heroic Opportunities should be an optional thing, not mandatory, can you please fix that.
  9. Fizzgig Member

Any chance a change could be made so we can have just one ts fuel per class...currently all my toons have at least one full bag of fuel each for crafting on the go.
    Can we please get the ability to put heirloom things in depots please please please I'm not asking for people not on my account to be able to access them I'd happily lock a depot to an account to be able to store this stuff more easily.
    While I'm asking about depots an armor/weapons depot would be nice but it would def have to store heirloom stuff. 90% of my shared bank is armor weapons.
    Will we ever get a search function for the quest journal especially completed quests? I've got toons that were created at launch I can't remember what I had for dinner last week theres zero chance I remember what quests each toon did a decade ago.
    Nightchord, Juraiya and Twyla like this.
  10. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Will the character models themselves ever get another remake like when SONY revamped them to the SOGA models?
  11. Jinksie Well-Known Member

What are the devs favorite zones and/or expansions? Do you have a favorite EQ2 moment, in or out of game?
  12. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Exploits and Economics
    I noticed with interest that you intervened around Christmas on EQ1 Server when Exploits happened which negated the economy. Further the EQ1 Roadmap showed that You wanted to implement more measures to prevent this from happening.

Why did this interventions not happening in the same scale / way on Eq2 Server ?

"Classic Expansions"
    Will we ever going to see long / large Zones with engaging Content (As in not grinding everyday)

"Class Balance"
    Will we ever going to see a proper Balance ? This would need to go Hand in Hand with a proper , and downscaling Stats.

Is there a Stats Itemization balance coming as well ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

When are we getting the long demanded RadarX plushie?
    Mugwort likes this.
  14. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Can city instances like The Willow Wood: besieged Hamlet be altered so mercs can enter it?
  15. Malabaster Member

Are there any plans in the future to make Legends of Norrath available to play again? I loved the game itself (not just the loot cards) and always thought it would do very well as an app style game.
    Rargo, Aleksis, Hreysti and 1 other person like this.
  16. Kattt Well-Known Member

Do you ever plan to add more prestige houses (aside from the xpac houses,) like many of the ones we all have requested? Like The Shard of Love instances (especially the prettier holiday only version.)

It's been so long...it is time.....why don't you want our money? :p
  17. gage New Member

This is a big question for Kander as i know he will like it

1. When is Dungeon maker 2.0 coming

2. Can someone take a pic when he's asked the question (It will be priceless)

To the hole eq2 team thank you for 19 wonderful years I've been playing this game
    especially
    Kander (dm ver 2.0 jokes)
    Ttobey (so funny and some of the stuff he has put into the game is amazing)
  18. Kattt Well-Known Member

Will you EVER go back to the old way of expansions/tradeskill/housing method of grinding up faction, so that we may buy a vendors housing items in unlimited gold/plat costs?

Here is the criticism and the constructive suggestion to remedy:

I am sorry, but the status/research week long (or even reduced time) wait for one at a time is a HUGE flop. No one I have heard likes it. I just cannot justify going through that to get a single item at a time, over days and days. I loathe using the research thing for house items, worse than a tooth ache...it is THAT bad. (Researching one time only to unlock, is not so bad by the way.)

Forever grinding tokens is also not very liked. Most of us do not mind grinding faction because at least once it's done, we can get what we like without more grind of SUCH old content. We would rather grind faction until done, while content is current. We house lovers would rather spend our time actually USING those items to decorate a house (and buying more prestige houses to do it all in) and **enjoying** the aesthetics of housing. Waiting to be able to enjoy it while we grind endlessly for one item at a time, after 20 yrs of content has gotten old. After all these years, this is the general consensus I get from most decorator/players.
    Don't you want us to enjoy playing this game? I can't imagine you would say no. So please please please, let us decorate until we are pink in the face happy....not bore us with grinding? I want to spend time in this game doing my houses, and grouping with friends. Not boring grind.

We all know you do some of these things to artificially elongate the content. The secret is out. It is a very disliked way of doing things. Faction grind could also satisfy your need to extend content, but give us house lovers a light at the end of the tunnel. That way we may get new expansion (and old) items as we need them, without going back to grind something so much that it causes us boredom enough to want to log off.
    PLEASE let us enjoy the items and not grind forever to keep getting them.
    Faction would be win-win. You get your content extension, we get our items as we need them unlimited.

Last note....this game needed plat sinks most, not status. Our alts are status poor and flailing.

Remember, this is EverQUEST, not everchore. :D

To end on positive note, this current xpac has some of the most beautiful artwork...well done!
  19. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Can we take adornments (white, purple, red. blue etc) out of game and just make the stats part of the equipment each expac ?
  20. dbb12345 Active Member

1. Can we get an official stat write up? I mean there are so many stats and honestly noone is 100% sure what any of it is. Examples: increase effectiveness? what is the formula for attributes and what exactly do they affect? what is the "DPS Formula"?

2. Do you have any plans to reduce the number of spells? we have to use 3rd party addons to get an additional hot bar because of the honestly absurd amount of spells/clickies/buffs some classes have? Maybe allow us to combine some buffs to 1 button?

3. With going 64-bit and an engine upgrade are there any plans to push past the 100 character per zone limit? More players in a zone would really make the game feel alive (hint hint for getting more new players) along with the graphics engine upgrade.

4. I know it is impossible to make everyone happy and I love that H3 is difficult and not for everyone. Can we get a raid equivalent? It is a pretty baron landscape for the people looking for a true challenge at endgame. I know most are not of that mindset but we do exist so just 1 mob/zone would be great :) Could even make it scale in difficulty or a really long reset timer on the zone to add some fun to it. AKA a zone noone can just farm with ease.

5. The dramatic shifts in directions are a lot. You have been SO great with keeping up with your roadmap but we get sweeping changes all the time as of late, Can we get a better heads up of incoming changes and ideally consideration for those most affected by them? Examples are CBOC in raid gear, runes no longer working (stacking or working at all), large buffs and nerfs to spells after people paid RL cash for the upgrade. You can pay cash/chrono/your valuable time on something and in 1 moment it was all for not with no way to recover any of it. A simple post of "Things we are looking at/into" on the forums would be great. A comment buried in Discord is not the way to go IMO. PS I know this is WAYY harder than it sounds.
    Beee and Twyla like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.