Fixed Internally Silver Acct can't use Broker Since Update

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Spritely, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Powers New Member

I have to agree that there's not much point in being able to buy from the broker if you can't also sell. Non-broker sources of platinum just can't keep up with the current prices in any way.

Powers &8^]
  2. Forestchild Well-Known Member

This is what I recieved from Accendo on Discord.

"It's a well-known issue for sure. I haven't been updated about what's happening next, but rest assured the entire dev team is aware of it.?"

Not sure exactly what it means, but seems like they are either discussing it, or working on a fix.
    Roosty, Morukta and Lateana like this.
  3. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

If only things that go out on Discord were put out on the official forums as well - I'm one of the many who don't use Discord, and never will. LOL
    Thx for sharing!!
    Laera, Cerah, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  4. Laera Member

I'm the same. I hate it.

Also, someone brought up a good point elsewhere: There's very little in the way of low level gear on the broker, and what's there is stupidly priced (3k for a level 30 helmet!?). Additionally when I logged in on my lowbie zerker previously, half her gear had been stripped of stats. Goes back to prices being outrageous, but as I'm working my way through old content, anything I couldn't use I'd throw on the broker for far cheaper. No low level/newbie toons are going have 3k laying around for a single treasured item of gear. Although it also doesn't help that later on half the stuff that's looted is all heirloom. -_-
    Krupnik, Twyla and Cerah like this.
  5. EQSlacker New Member

yea i can still sell what ive got up there and buying is still a thing, buy putting new items up for sell requires me buying tokens, which i've NEVER had to do since silver became a thing. and i can tell you right now ive had my main char since 2007 and have been playing this game the entire time and if they take broker access away from me and everyone else thats enjoyed it since its inception then they will probley run off more people then theyd like just from that alone. all theyd have to do is restore what was always there and it would indeed be a sad sad day when all those people quit putting money into a game just because of that.
    Laera, Cerah, Morukta and 1 other person like this.
  6. Fuhraal New Member

I just saw this bug - add me to the list!
    It SUCKS not being able to put stuff on the broker for sale anymore.
    :(
    Laera, Forestchild and Cerah like this.
  7. EQSlacker New Member

Its may 10th, This problem has been going on since April. Was hoping with this patch the problem would be fixd and grandfatherd silver accounts would go back to being able to sell things on the broker without tokens as they always have, but sadly, when i logd in this morning to test it the error is still happening. Whats up with this ?
    Cerah and Krupnik like this.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

I know you guys are hopeful but the only dev response in here has been that you aren't supposed to be able to.

As unfortunate as it may be, I would take them at their word.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

its like getting free premium cable channels for years due to a bug or glitch and then the cable company figures it out and cuts you off from the premium stuff
    Carizia and Taled like this.
  10. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I get that - but there has also apparently been mention/response of it on Discord. That doesn't always get copied into the forums, so people aren't aware unless a player posts that info. Forestchild posted this info just Friday of last week (May 6):
    I would presume, and hope, that if it were a settled matter that Accendo would have said so instead of what was passed on by Forestchild.

Still, we just don't know, because they are notoriously silent when it comes to communicating about things that matter to players.
    Have they decided to leave it as-is and just not say anything? Are they actually discussing switching sales back on for Silver? For all or just grandfathered? Maybe they're also discussing reviving the option to buy Silver. Again and again, they don't say, so we just don't know.

All that said, I know for myself and many others, waiting too long to even tell us what's what is going to be the same as a "NO", and the ship will suddenly be much lighter in the water....
    Forestchild likes this.
  11. Fuhraal New Member

Also, as I think Morukta pointed out already, this thread is still in the active bugs forum, not in the resolved bugs list. If it's being considered fixed and resolved, I expect it would have been moved already.
    Until I see/hear otherwise, I'm still holding out hope they will come to their senses sooner rather than later.
    Of course, I also wish for world peace and visitation by extra-terrestrial aliens, but I'm just a dreamer. LOL
    Forestchild likes this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

It's labeled as "fixed internally," which means the team acknowledges it's a bug, has implemented a fix, and will put it in an upcoming patch.
    Breanna and Forestchild like this.