Fixed Internally Silver Acct can't use Broker Since Update

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Spritely, Apr 26, 2022.

1. heroicsalmon New Member

Even if it was intended originally until they changed it to simply "all-access," Silver has been able to sell *for years* recently ... please restore Silver's access to sell. :( I'm going to assume gold won't be furious (I hope) lol.
    Laera, Inist, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  2. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

If it was never supposed to be, but allowed to be for many, many years, then DBG needs to say it themselves.
    While I can appreciate your post & the info, it's not an *official* source, and no I'm not going to go searching the forums for such a reference.

What if they suddenly take away all the free (inadvertent) access to the Beastlord class that was supposed to be a purchased class like Channeler? You think all the players who love the class would just accept they can't play those characters anymore without opening their wallets because, 'oops'??

The bottom line is, Silver level accounts have had the ability to buy and sell for many, many years. To pull that away now and give nobody any warning, no announcement of the supposed oversight, or admit to the sheer greed of it is just unconscionable. There will be a reckoning if it's not restored. THAT is the bottom line, and DBG's bottom line will see the results.

Taking away a perk that has been part of a product for years is just bad business. Period.
    Laera, DeGlansSK, Oxiima and 2 others like this.
  3. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

PS - I don't think the data you posted came out in the format intended. It looks very confusing the way the forums show it. /shrug
  4. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Ok, this is interesting, and could point to more shadiness in my opinion...
    Was just chatting with a friend in-game. She has silver on accounts that were purchased, and apparently has never been able to sell items via the broker. Both of my silver accounts are via grandfathered and I have always been able to sell via the broker.
    Why would there be a difference, and possibly only this one, between a grandfathered or purchased silver package on an account?

Transparency and communication are necessary for customer loyalty. Didn't anyone ever tell you?
    Laera, Inist and Oxiima like this.
  5. Oxiima New Member

Hubs and I came back to this game after about 8 or 9 years. We have Silver accounts. We have always been able to buy and sell without tokens or subscription. We just purchased the expansion maybe a month ago, enjoying the fact that we did not have to pay monthly to game and have some fun.
    Now all of the sudden we can't sell? This completely disables the game -- how are we supposed to buy anything off broker if we have no Plat?! Selling is how I can afford to buy upgrades and needed items.
    I feel like we just wasted money on the expansion because if this selling feature is not fixed for our Silver accounts we will just stop playing. We haven't played all week, because, what's the point? There is no way that I will be able to upkeep my character properly for their level if I can only vendor items for copper or silver that I would normally sell for 1000P+ on broker.
    This needs fixed...
    Inist and DeGlansSK like this.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

Most likely, SOME grandfathered silver accounts were bugged.

Two-ish weeks ago they fixed some broken behind-the-scenes stuff which triggered the silver account status breaking and the 2FA issue hitting folks who had at some point clicked to turn it on but never actually set it up. This probably reset all of the silver accounts to *actually* being silver accounts, and not being 'paid accounts with silver status' if they had the bugged status - If I was going to guess, if you were 'grandfathered' while you had stuff already for sale on your broker, their system at the time probably couldn't flag your account properly to require credits and thus it didn't take away the ability to sell properly.

Now, when it reset silver status for everyone, they probably pushed a script to re-apply silver status to everyone who *had* silver, but you got ACTUAL silver accounts.
  7. Rolant Active Member

As a Silver account holder, I've been buying expansions and subscribing to Gold membership here and there on a monthly basis (usually when a new expansion comes out). But if it stays this way, I think I can finally quit the game.

Not being able to sell stuff on a broker is frustrating enough to lose interest in the game, but not enough to buy broker tokens (I'll NEVER do that) or change my membership status to Gold.

It's really not the time to alienate long time players. I hope they change the behavior back.
    Inist, Oxiima, Cerah and 2 others like this.
  8. Forestchild Well-Known Member

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if Silver acct were never able to sell on the broker originally, then why did it take 2-3 years to get fixed??
    I bought the 500SC when Silver accounts were a thing. It is not a good Business practice to do something and then take it away. I am (along with others) are unable to do monthly sub, but I do sometimes buy things on the marketplace (ie. krono to sell for plat for my expenses). I have also purchased xpacs when they came out, and was a subscriber in the past. but no job stops me from subbing now.

If this was a bug then fine, just say it was, and we can move on. But if it was just DBG way of fixing a wrong. It should not have taking years to fix. Please have this either changed back with Silver accts, or tell us that it was broken in the first place.

Unfortunately; at this time. if it stays the same then DBG will be losing a bunch of players.

Yours Truly,
    Everquest2 Player
    Inist, Oxiima, Cerah and 1 other person like this.
  9. Spellblade New Member

Silver account here. I've enjoyed buying/selling via the broker for years without tokens. Perhaps selling wasn't an intended feature for silver accounts without tokens, but that's always been the way I've experienced it previously and it's not something I will ever upgrade to gold/all-access for.

Paying real world money to make in game money is not a game I want to play.
    Morukta, Cerah and Inist like this.
  10. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

This, right here.
    Considering that it costs $.50/item (iirc, it's 50DBC to buy a token), given the uncontrolled level of inflation in-game, it's not logical that anyone would buy tokens to sell items to make coin. It would be a far sight cheaper to just pay for all-access, but just being able to sell on the broker is NOT worth paying a subscription.
    All these ways of trying to incentivize people into paying subscriptions is totally backfiring from everything I see & hear.
    When will that sink in with the owners & devs enough that a change of course is made? I don't know of anybody holding their breath it will ever happen. We've been burned too many times in the last 18+ years.
    Cerah and Forestchild like this.
  11. Forestchild Well-Known Member

You are right Morukta. for the tokens it's 500SC ($5 to get). It comes in packs of 10. ($0.50/ea). So with $5.00+tax, someone will get 10 packs totaling 100 packs of tokens (10 in each pack). Not sure if there is a time limit on the selling of an item. or if once you use a token to place a item on. But I suspect that once you have it on the broker it's there allowing to the seller to raise or lower the price, but if it is removed (even by accident), you would have to use ANOTHER TOKEN.

For those of us that are Silver accounts (i.e.~GRANDFATHERED/VETERAN/LONG TIME PLAYERS). This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Please change it back otherwise, you will be shooting yourself in the foot. A large part of the computer are silver accts. (some having subs on their main, so this will hurt silver members and Subscription members too).
    Cerah likes this.
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

This is mind blowing to me as my 3 silver accounts were never able to sell on broker, only buy.

But the whole restriction to using in game broker was always puzzling to me. It's a player to player remote merchandise exchange, as opposed to straight up trade window between 2 players. What is so game breaking in this operation that they don't want everybody using it?
    I understand restricting mail sending or chat restrictions, we all probably remember spammers flooding chat and mail with gold or character selling schemes. But broker?
    Forestchild and Cerah like this.
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Back when they first created f2p I could understand why they didn't want non-members not being able to do things that are core to the game like selling on broker or mailing. It was a way to discourage plat farmers. We can buy kronos now. Why risk buying from a plat farmer now. There are so many advantages to being a member that there should be NO need to restrict non-members from being allowed to buy and sell from a broker and send mail to others any longer. Going to mailbox is fine if you want to receive an attachment or send mail. Allow everyone to make some plat so they can buy stuff. What is the point of being able to buy from a broker but have very limited ways to make money? Prices on everything have skyrocketed with ability to sell kronos on broker. If silver accounts (guessing the grandfathered ones) were allowed to sell for 2 years...why take it away now. Please don't give people a reason to leave this game. I am tired of seeing my friends leave over things like this.
  14. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Yeah - as I mentioned in a previous message, apparently there has long been two versions of Silver for some reason. Those who could, and those who could not sell on broker. Seems maybe that was the only difference on what they included, though.
    Forestchild likes this.
  15. EQSlacker New Member

im glad its being looked into, always loved being grandfatherd into silver from way back when. ive been on this game for a loong time since it was strictly pay to play before F2P way back on VoX server and its nice to be able to use the broker so i can sell things and fund my lower levels. Love this game, keep up the good work Devs. I know this lil bug will get squashed.
  16. Taled Well-Known Member

I'm guessing folks who were grandfathered vs folks who bought, honestly.
  17. Inist New Member

IMHO, in Devs eyes this issue has already been investigated and fixed. Report is tagged as fixed so probably posting anything new here won’t even get their attention. You can create a new bug report but I’m pretty sure they will tag it “not a bug” and that’s that. In original reply to this tread, they never stated anything about selling, only acknowledging buying was inadvertently disabled. Sad but true.
  18. Laera Member

Ditto. I just started playing again. Prices have sky rocketed. At first I could not afford even bag upgrades, let alone decently gear my toons. Thankfully I had some stuff in the bank/mats/collectibles I was able to sell.

Grandfathered account as well, I really could not tell you how long I've been able to add stuff to the broker but it's been a few years at least.

I've been trying to get a feel for it and deciding if I want to play more and buy the latest expac, but this, among other issues, really puts a damper on things.
    Twyla likes this.
  19. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

The tag was regarding the update this week (May 3), where they re-enabled buying but not selling.
    There was a reply posted that the fix wasn't complete (ie, selling not re-enabled) and there was a dev reply to that. Presumably, and we can only presume, that they are still discussing & deciding which way they're going to go with this. I only say that because it hasn't been moved to "resolved" as yet.
    However, it's absolutely possible you're 100% correct.
  20. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Can we humbly ask for a status on this bug?
    Is it even being discussed whether to re-enable selling for Silver accounts? (which should be for purchased and grandfathered)
    Is it being considered resolved & simply not moved from the active bugs area?
    Do we need to open a new bug thread as someone has suggested in this one?

There are a number of players very much in limbo about what DBG will or won't do, and any decision they will make affecting their play based on the final outcome.

Thanks!
    Cerah likes this.