Please give me a reason to log in.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Billyrayy, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Zen Master formless, shapeless

Please sunset EQ2 already. Send the resources to other games.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

There's always Erollisi Day. There's a new quest, so that should fill in 15 minutes.

RIP PQ's.
    Kaldrun, Zynt, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  3. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Well, according to Kander, overseer missions were sort of implemented to replace quests, so there's that!
    Erudinel, Zynt, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  4. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Well, according to Kander, overseer missions were implemented sort of replace quests, so there's that!
    Erudinel, Zynt and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Jamzez Active Member

Kind of shocking Kander never saw that the questing in the game was the best thing Eq2 offered compared to other mmorpg's, hence the low sub numbers, oh well the captain has to be the last one off the ship.
    Argosunited, Zynt and kerry like this.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

LOL, my Overseers went to FF-14

Maybe if we are lucky they can come out with another season of Overseer quest to help us pass the time. Hope they dont change the rewards tho, getting previous two expansions loot has been the highlight of my days here! :rolleyes:
    Erudinel, Argosunited, Zynt and 4 others like this.
  7. Kaldrun Member

and this.......is the definition of the "ideal player of eq2"
    Erudinel, Tkia, Zynt and 2 others like this.
  8. Healious Active Member

This is becoming me more everyday.
    Zynt, Kaldrun and Randalph like this.
  9. Kenn Well-Known Member

That actually might be their goal. The players, including myself, who have played since launch, might not be so annoyed at the game turning off if it becomes too boring to justify playing any more. I have tried to start a toon again, and thought, I could do all those quests again, then in the end, be where my high level toon is right now. I play every day, but it is mostly just grinding for collection items and not really that fun. Still hoping Pantheon comes to the rescue some day.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Do you really want these people working on another game you might play?
  11. Player2 Member

i try to log in every couple weeks to reset mount, merc, and spell research/training
    wth happened to mercs, i can't even solo overland heroics from 2 xpacs ago
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's a huge thread discussing this.
  13. Obano Well-Known Member

Mercs are a crutch and have only made people lazy. Everyone should try to learn their class to the point that they can do solos without needing to summon the merc at all. Use pots, signants, and temp adorns. Don't wait for that stupid merc to cure you, cure it yourself or use freedom of mind / action potion.
    Clintsat likes this.
  14. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

This really is the issue, isn't it? Remember when KA had Proving Grounds, the 7 or 8 minute mini-zone you had to run over and over to get the orange runes? At the end of each one you had to listen to a particular developer say "Glorious Victory" each and every time. I should have known to quit the game right then and there.
    Argosunited and Pixistik like this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Players shouldn't have to burn plat to run solo content for sig lines... And given the normal rewards for solo zones, running them and using all the consumables would be a net loss for classes and characters that aren't already geared out and/or at the top of their game.
    Pixistik, Tkia, Sigrdrifa and 2 others like this.
  16. Kaldrun Member

eh why use pots, signets and temps? a real player would watch for the mob to start casting the spell thats going to get him a detriment and block it with an interrupt. and i used to walk to school 5 miles up hill with no shoes in the middle of winter.