Please give me a reason to log in.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Billyrayy, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Billyrayy Active Member

So I find myself logging in and standing around wondering what to do, again.. It's not a raid night, so no laggy raids tonight. I could run solos, but why? Heroic group are all but non existent, and really what would be the point? the same junk loot and worthless currency. PQs have been killed off, and I wasn't a big fan anyway, Alts are through the sig line already. I literally have nothing to work for outside of raid right now, and we are what? 2 months into the latest expansion. Please devs give me some reason to play. I'd really love a reason to run heroics right now but the only real draw is a terrible chance at a celestial item.
    Soara2, Moonfyre, Argosunited and 6 others like this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Relax, read a book and harvest shadowrares every 2 hours :cool:
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Argent Active Member

You could log in so the zone can crash on you in the middle of a PQ, that's fun. Oh wait, no it's not.
    Soara2, Zynt, Beee and 2 others like this.
  4. Kaldrun Member

^^^ to this.

Everything has been simplified to facilitate going right into raiding. They need as many people as possible to want to raid. That's where the money is made. I'm not going to say the game is completely dead...yet, but the game is not drawing any new people at all. What better way to increase sales than appeal to the end game crowd that buys the crates, spell upgrades and IoR to and from transfers constantly? There aren't even that many raiding guilds left WW anymore. Maybe 6 high end guilds left across the board, including Thurgadin. Reminds me of a quote I saw somewhere recently on these forums... "they should call this game ER2 now". So tbh they don't care if you have nothing to do as long as you still log in a couple times to raid and visit the marketplace.
    Gillymann and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Malahk Active Member

I feel the same way. There's absolutely nothing worth doing. I'm not going to harvest all day. Heroics are so stupid with all their scripts that they're not even worth doing just to get a random drop of armor that has worthless stats on it. I'm a Beastlord that can't even play my class the way I want to, auto attack damage wise. My warders are all useless. Every piece of armor, weapons, and jewelry now has such pathetic stats on it that I'm not even excited for upgrades.

I'm so disappointed in this xpac.

Just bring back reforging, BoL stats on everything, and revert all the class nerfs back to BoL and let us all be happy playing again.
    Moonfyre, Argosunited, kerry and 4 others like this.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

LOL you think this game has anything to do with making players happy or having fun? They rely 100% on people being hooked by time invested and social connections. It's really just a math exercise for a small numbers of devs who consider themselves intellectually superior and above criticism. Fun doesn't come into it. That much is crystal clear.
    Erudinel, Gillymann, RedBB and 4 others like this.
  7. Kaldrun Member

You do have a point. The time invested part is probably the #1 thing I hear from people that complain about the game.
  8. Kicas Feldons fan club

They should open the old Battlegrounds again.
    max level 39
    max AA 120
    no special gear.. just what we can quest for on live servers
    let us have some
    FUN
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

You all make me so glad I didn't invest in the RoS upgrades. While I thought BoL was sort of acceptable, up to the instances, I just couldn't get excited about being ganked on by mobs that could target me but I couldn't target them. I'm sure there are players who love that and I'll leave it to them. I have lots I can do pre-110.
    Wulfgyr and Kicas like this.
  10. Kenn Well-Known Member

Press J and look at the achievement tab. Have you done all the dungeons from previous expansions?

I don't know how many collections there are, but I have over 1,300 so far. You could try to find them all.

Have you tried designing and building a house, not decorating, but engineering.

If I get really bored, sometimes I'll try to monopolize something on the market, just because.
  11. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

To quote the lead developer of the game, "If you don't like it play something else."

Not my words and not directed at anyone in particular. Just a reminder of where the folks in charge stand on the issue.
  12. Tupperbeast Active Member

I think rather the frustration is that a lot has been promised but a lot has been done without communicating with the community.
    - No Real Class Balance
    - Most AA dont Work
    - Gear progress if solo heroic or Raid Player is a bad Design in some points
    - Harvesting for Raids
    - small Addon with a Expensive Point at all, we pay for a new Race + little stuff and a broken Addon at all testing by Dev Team no.
    - Server lags come more and more with all new Addons, why DB cant get new stuff or say hardware and Software.
    Problem here is the Service Team for for that is terrible, sorry to say.
    - Server Reset will not help in any of the trouble situation, all peeps wo a clue with PC or IT know it.
    - Next Point is a other Fail the Team need sometimes a Week or more to Fix stuff, and broke other things see like PQ (point is never touch a running system).
    - Hope DB can any time bring Directx 11 or 12 for better performance and a 64 bit System, the System at the time is old no updates at all.
    - one point the drop Rate for master Chests is to low too, Green and Red Runes more a mystik in Game thx for RNG.

For more points Write it up, make the Community great again and work together.
    And yes Group playing is mostly dead, and for new peeps or return Players makes the situation harder.

And the Aspect for Expensive Addon is, You could have given the current add-on for free, including the new race that wouldn't have broken anyone's neck or charged more, think Daybreak will generally not go very poorly because, in addition to add-ons, they also rip off people for the new race.

;) have fun and happy farming ...
    Zynt likes this.
  13. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Yep.

Meanwhile, the game I've moved the bulk of my playtime to just announced a new expac for the fall that will include an itemisation pass (and they gave details) and a stat squish, because they don't want super-big numbers flying across the screen during combat, or excessive calculations on the server side to cause issues. Huh. Funny how that works.....
    Erudinel, Zynt and Mizgamer62 like this.
  14. Rarkevan Active Member

Have started doing JUST this since Monday, and now playing another game that's still around ( since 2011 I believe) and which feels so fresh and fun and exciting again. By comparison, I now see how much EQ had become like a frustration-filled job. It almost feels like a relief to have cancelled, it was the right decision for me. Never thought I'd say that after all these years, but there we have it.

Devs may take it for what they will. Or, not. :)
    Zynt and Mizgamer62 like this.
  15. Avithax Well-Known Member

Because logging into a barely working game engine so I could spend hundreds of dollars in the cash shop to pretend i'm uber in front of the other 30 people who play the game still.
    Randalph, Kaldrun, Zynt and 1 other person like this.
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

^^^ THIS ^^^
    Argosunited and Zynt like this.
  17. Rargo Active Member

I would say just do some quests but wait.. there are none. One sig line and done for the expansion.
    kerry, Jrox and Zynt like this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are also a number of achievements, such as the exploration/POI achievement, the "kilroy" achievements, and there's a series of catalogue quests to be found in you look in the Midst Library.

None of these give great rewards, but for those who live for the dopamine rush at the ding, they're possibilities.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. kerry Member

At first I thought this expansion was great. Then I hit a logjam. Solo and heroic RNG rewards not worth the time. So I relied on raiding to keep my interest. So what happens? Nothing to bid dkp on. Mage after mage drops little plate. Then I turn in my weekly. Can you believe, The exact same items I got the week before.
    Don't even get me started on the useless TS daily.
    Please Improve the drops for runes and items. A long term quest with super reward would mean a lot. Like the old epic weapons' quest. I'm with the OP give me a reason to log on.
    Bhayar, EmJay and Sigrdrifa like this.
  20. Randalph EQ2Wire Ambassador

Its not even something people just say to start drama this expansion. Even if you play super casually you are out of content after a week or two tops and clearing the raids takes less than 3 hours.

Sure you can grind for the new red runes but they are such slight upgrades I dont want to waste hours grinding solos for them at all.

Just no content in this game, which is a shame because the heroic content looks like it took a long time to create, but no one runs it. META collection is crap, heroic gear is crap, they ruined PQ celestial farm. Litteraly nothing to do but do everything once and then login to raid 1½-3 hours and then wait for reset.