What happened to my poor Merc?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Eberron101, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Eberron101 Member

Jennis has guided me back into the game gently after a 6 year hiatus. Bravely fighting off hordes of mobs for my little T5 wizard just relearning the game.

Now, its like someone doused him in Kryptonite. He's struggling to hold his own against blue con heroics, dying against some mobs which are hardly scratching me.

He can barely heal. His big heal that used to do 10k, now does 2.5k at best. His own low power heals scarcely move his health bar, his stats are far lower than my own. He's been reduced to little more than a pet.

That together with my own damage nerf (doing around 50% what I was doing) has hugely curtailed my enjoyment factor. Not good after a recent return.

I dont know if all these changes were for end game players but whatever happened has massively impacted lowbies.
  2. odeka New Member

Likewise, was happily working my way through the expansions now its impossible, this has had a big impact on my game logged of as I can no longer do content I was doing when I was lower level Game had become a chore
    Sheriane, Carynn and WhysperWynde like this.
  3. Louly Well-Known Member

I wondered what was going on too. Lady Croie (sp) just bled and died from 3 orcs. I mean it's like she was made of paper and before she'd done quite well. I'm going to try some other low levels tonight after work and see if it's a sad day for all of them.
    Sheriane, Carynn and WhysperWynde like this.
  4. Klarg New Member

Yes it's the same for me, this update is bad. Before this new update, merc(Lady Croie), dealt about 90k of damage. Now she only deals about 3k-9k damage
    Carynn and WhysperWynde like this.
  5. Eberron101 Member

Maybe there is something bugged but Jennis is a shadow of his former self now and a ton of content just had the door close on me. I literally returned to the game after 6 years two weeks ago. Now wish I hadn't. Hoping this is a bug or some other miscalculation so he can at least be useful again.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  6. Sweety D Well-Known Member

Same here. All my Mercs are really weak now. I just came back to the game after a couple year break. Paid for the membership and I'm buying the expansion. But, now I don't think I will be able to level up my lower toons to even play the new content!
    AOE1 and Carynn like this.
  7. Ryuken Active Member

Darryl, leave your in-game name here (or send me PM) if you're on Maj'dul! Me and some friends have some lower toons we are levelling up and are happy to have you!
    Argosunited, Zynt and Breanna like this.
  8. Ganluan New Member

I'm seeing the same thing, I had just come back to the game after 10+ years and was enjoying using a merc to solo my way through past content... now she gets slaughtered more easily than I do. I see in the patch notes there was a change to how merc stats are handled, if that's the cause I doubt it's a mistake. I will probably just need to leave the game again, I am nowhere near max and wanted to get farther along before buying the expansion.
    Carynn likes this.
  9. hoopr New Member

Same thing here...easily did multiple 3up heroics 2lvls over and now can BARELY do 1!!!!!! WTF happened???Please get this fixed DB!
    Carynn and WhysperWynde like this.
  10. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Please don't lose heart guys! Maybe they'll fix this whatever is the bug going on about the mercs for lower levels. I too have just started a low level Vah Shir (she just made Level 5) and was looking forward to PLAYING the game to level her up; not just buying her way like some of my more whorish chars .. lol! ((for shame! I shouldn't call them that I know) they are all dear to me and I guess like for a lot of us, different extensions of myself and my psyche. But what else do you call it when some characters fight/quest/craft their way to the top whilst others got there via Level 110 tokens for fighter and crafter?

I haven't tried any mercs for her yet, she is a Beast Lord and so has her own built in merc-like help I guess you'd say. But I could try adding a merc and see how it goes. Can you get a merc at Level 5? I don't even know. I will look into this when game recommences from update. She only has one beast helping her so far .. the tiger. Gotta try getting some more animal help too.
    Kithal, Breanna and Cazmir like this.
  11. Mysten New Member

That's quite the term to call your other characters.. Hahah. @WhysperWynde
    Personally like the term.

I do hope they fix lower level mercenaries however, I was planning to leveling a fresh alt to see how the new AAs felt with them. lol
    WhysperWynde and Carynn like this.
  12. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

DB please fix mercs
    I hate to end billing
  13. Eberron101 Member

Equal rights for Mercs! Its a tough life to be a poorly paid bodyguard. For 4 gold a time he lays his life on the line day after day for me. Devs, for the sake of his family, spare Jennis this humiliation! Poor lad, he has a permanent frown now. That, and just before Christmas!
    WhysperWynde, Carynn and odeka like this.
  14. Ameuco Member

my merc is doing about 1/20th the damage of before
    to be fair, his damage was pretty silly before, but now it's pretty bad.

if mercs are meant to be nothing but portable healbots then idk, that kinda ruins the system for me
    WhysperWynde and Carynn like this.
  15. odeka New Member

Got to say this change is game breaking for me can't do any of the content now. Will see if they fix it, but if this is how its meant to be time for me to unsub. And move on Will be a shame was enjoying being back
  16. Kiaristorm Member

Game breaker for me too. not only is my mercenary useless but im a warden and cant keep myself healed on trash in the zone
  17. Tuberosity New Member

Hoping that the nerf-bat taken to mercs will be considered a little too extreme. I also was enjoying the ability to work through the content as a solo player, but my merc is garbage now. Can't take a hit, and can't give a hit. Makes me a very sad panda.
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

You can still play and solo without a merc on most any class if you pay attention. The game didn't start with mercs. They only showed up around..what? lvl 85 or 90?.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Louly Well-Known Member

It will be difficult to do. In Stormhold at level 25 Wizard those Scions will trash you right away. Even with a mercenary, before this bad decision, the mercenary would sometimes die. I can't imagine doing Speak like a Dragon at level in Sol Eye without a good mercenary.

I'll keep trying but already I feel frustrated. Although I'm not ready to call this a game breaker it is hard to accept.
    AOE1, WhysperWynde and Juraiya like this.
  20. Eberron101 Member

A voice rises within..my user....Alan One speaks...

"Jennis died to blue con trash mobs in Temple of Sol Ro , after he died, my Wizard tanked the rest of the mobs without getting hit."

I know not the language of the users but forsooth he speaks wisdom!
    WhysperWynde, Kithal and Juraiya like this.