Any estimate for the TS quest lines yet?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Dyeana, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Dyeana Active Member

Is there any estimate yet when the TS quests will arive, and if the Test server will get some time to work the bugs :rolleyes: out of the TS quests? ;)

Thanks

Dye
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Soara2 likes this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

4. Finora Well-Known Member

Now my big question is since the TS signature did not get beta'd are they going to stick it on test server soon so it can get a bit of testing before the "early February" release date!

I hope so.
    Soara2, Xillean, Prissetta and 3 others like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

You, me and a bunch of people...
  6. Gninja Developer

Yes, the plan is to get it on either test or beta a week or two if possible before it goes live. It's looking good, can't wait for you guys to check it out!
    Katz, Lateana, The_Real_Wurm and 11 others like this.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

That's fantastic. I can't wait (I have to, but you know...). Thanks for the update.
    Soara2 and Prissetta like this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yep! Really looking forward to poking at this to help with the last-minute polish!
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

On a semi-related note.. can we get celestial fuel added to the list of fuel the fuel merchants will buy back.
    I keep having to go to the junk merchant in the GH to sell back my excess celestial fuel :p
    Soara2, Finora and Prissetta like this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Excellent. Looking forward to it.
  11. Sennetta Active Member

:( FEB!!! they said the end of this month , at leased dam fix the harvesters so they harvest from that area then , wish they would hurry up as grinding to 110 trade skill when it uses so much stuff from the new area and the harvesters or pack pony don't pick them up is getting dam annoying
    Soara2, Tkia, Ratala and 2 others like this.
  12. Aethn Member

The very fact that upper management is posting in a newsletter the excitement for the Tradeskill line coming in late February underscores the deep rooted problems with this franchise. This is something that should NEVER have happened. It should have been finished the day you charged our credit cards. Then, more then 3 months later using it as a "positive" selling point for the future of the game is astonishing. These last 3 months there has never been a really honest apology from the company for not providing a product that was paid for, there has been no honest communication of what was happening [radio silent for nearly 60+ days after the release of the product] and now trying to capitalize on their own grievous mistake by spinning it as a "update" or addition to the game.. Shame on DBG for not owning this mistake and giving an honest, heartfelt apology and compensation for failing to deliver on something they took money for. So much disappointment.
    Soara2, Prissetta, Tkia and 4 others like this.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

No, Kander said at the end of January "at the earliest" (I was there in discord when he said it, and yes, he specified that the end of January would be the soonest.) But it got passed along so much that folks shortened it to the end of January as if that was solid. It is now set for "early Feburary" which could mean a day in, it could mean a week in. (It is NOT "late" Feb in the letter, as Aethn is saying)
    Soara2, Prissetta and Gninja like this.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Where did you get that "late Feb"? Early Feb is what the letter says, which is a week, two at the most, past what the original guess was. Folks have been asking for an update from the "end of Jan at the earliest", and they got it.

As for the apology/explanation, it was there at the very start of beta, in the beta forums that everyone had read access to.

I'm going to drop out of this thread now. With all the channels I'm in, it is (for me) a dead horse, and I'm at my limit.
  15. Gudum Active Member

I really hope its put on beta - some of us don't have high-level tradeskillers on test.
    Soara2 and Finora like this.
  16. Test Taffies Active Member

End of January... Early February... who cares. Folks are simply looking for a solid date of release as we were sold one thing and its not complete.

However, I am ever thankful that they are giving it the attention it needs to be done right. I for one appreciate it as I like to tradeskill sometimes more then I like to quest! So, thank you Dev's for taking the time to do it right!
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Works for me. I better get on it with catching up on my alts. Lol
  18. Aethn Member

Beta Forum access was only issued to Pre-orders and All Access Membership. Of which I did both. There is a very large community in EQ2 that does not Pre-order or does not have all access but still buys every expansion. So that large number of players were in fact, not issued a proper apology, ever.

https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-planes-of-prophecy-beta-testing-rewards-oct-2017
    Planes of Prophecy Beta Testing has Begun!

10-17-2017
    With Planes of Prophecy just around the corner, it's time for Beta testing! When you pre-order EverQuest II: Planes of Prophecy, you'll be granted access to the expansion's closed Beta. The feedback players provide during the Beta testing phase is invaluable to us, so we want to make sure you're rewarded for it!
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

Actually, those beta forums weren't closed. Never had to log in to access them. So, anyone who wanted to view the forums was perfectly able to do so. There also wasn't any sort of NDA this time either.
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Please reread what you just quoted from me. I said everyone had read access. Read access truly does mean that everyone could read the beta forums. They may not have been able to post without having beta access, but they could read that post (which was the top stickied thread in the beta tradeskill forum, the most logical spot for news on the tradeskill end of the expansion). Additionally, I made sure to highlight that quote on my site, and it was repeated elsewhere. Sadly, there's only so much spoon-feeding that can be done with such announcements.
    flameweaver and Soara2 like this.