Class balance right now...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kielex, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Kielex Well-Known Member

My point is that the POTENTIAL classes have should be in line with each other. It sucks being forced to betray to become a much stronger player.

Yes, we can compare our max hits but really... that is the worst possible way to measure how good a class is.
  2. Jrox Well-Known Member

This is a joke, right? You main an Illy? Raid top end on an Illy? Please share why you believe you can speak to the OP'ness of an Illy's rune or cloak, please? While you type I will get my notebook out so I can take notes, this should be good. It is a nice rune I will say that, but that we won some kind of lottery when we have had to wear a cloak with 20% potency or give up our effect, to each his own, means we were playing at a disadvantage. I am not comparing myself to a coercer. Coercers utility is FAR superior to that of an Illy. So please explain and/or elaborate on your statement.

And our coercer is a competitor, so I find it hard to believe the disparity being preached here. Can some things be fixed or made better? Sure! A lot of classes could be, but the Illy became mostly DPS when their util, for the most part, went by the wayside.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. If I want to play a different toon, I can roll one up. I don't want a toon I've invested time, gear, tithe, etc in to suddenly have a vastly different roll/play style.
    Every expac people make adjustments as things change. That isn't the same as having your class 'redefined'.

Note: This is in reply to 'redefining class rolls', that was suggested by a player. Not a general comment about class balance.
  4. Azian Well-Known Member

I agree that max hit is a terrible way to really compare classes. Especially in this day and age of ascensions.

I've generally concluded that it is the few classes with real and meaningful dps abilities of their own (non-ascension) that are the clear winners at the moment. That is why BLs and conj are so strong. They have buttons to push (or pets) that are competitive with ascension damage. All of us have tons of buttons that mean next to nothing in the long run and would change our parse very little if we simply stopped using them. For some classes, that type of "filler" ability is all there is between spikes of damage coming from ascension abilities. It's tough to keep up with a well played BL slinging primals if all you have is tiny DoTs 6&7 and/or backstab12 to poke at the bad guys when your fervor rune procs. I'd like to see the non-top dog classes all get a couple really nice damage abilities to add in to their rotations that are class specific. I don't care if those abilities are new or revamps of existing ones.
    Kielex and Mathafern like this.
  5. Azian Well-Known Member

Wow, R E L A X. If you don't think that the illy rune is one of the 3 best class runes in the game, you are kidding yourself. I don't have a problem with the rune. I have a problem with the other 20 some odd classes having runes that are basically junk and make very little difference to how we play our characters in the long run. If you want to argue that balancing your class by using one item (or mimicry for that matter) is a terrible plan, I'd agree. None of that changes what I said.
  6. Mathafern Well-Known Member

For the record- I was making note of Max hit, but not claiming to use it to measure a class. In fact, Kielex and I are the same class and have two completely differing values there, which shows that it is worthless is measuring a class.

My point was that ascensions hit hard and break the notion of "class DPS" just a bit. What matters more is how your class can make use of opportunities for DPS like ascensions and celestial gate.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

Yeah, I came over a bit rough I guess... That said, the Illy rune is what it should be. I don't think we won any kind of lottery as it is a copy and paste from the last xpack with an upgrade to the cloak. It was overdue, to be honest. But I agree classes need to be worked on. These types of conversations will get classes nerfed. Comments imho should be kept strictly to complementing and/or increasing other classes and how they can be made better and brought more in line with their counterparts. I have seen the "nerf" comment in this thread way too much. It's bad for everyone.

On a side note:
    • Nerf Calls - Openly calling for "Nerfs" (blanket reductions to abilities) is not allowed. If you feel something is overpowered or needs to be toned back, post your constructive comments and explanations.
    Not meant for everyone, only those who can't seem to support ideas...
    Juraiya likes this.
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

These are known as Ascension spells. Everyone has the ability to blow **** up now. It is actually one of the problems in my opinion. Not that I'm opposed to everyone being able to, but we can't ask the classes to be redefined and/or balanced if this is what we are aspiring for all classes to be, right?
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Not all classes are dps classes... only dps classes are measured solely or primarily by dps.
    Tanks, healers and utility need to be balanced too..

Note: Yes, every class should be doing dps.. but that's not what healers, tanks and utility should be balanced around...
    Alenna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Stach Well-Known Member

Yes, if you pay for them you can be up to Grandmaster, but most of us refuse to pay for them so therefore don't have those huge spike damage. or have 75 tithe points which also increases your dps potential.
  11. Kielex Well-Known Member

I can definitely see why all t1 dps group setups roll a coercer instead of illy. Oh wait, I can't.
  12. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Well.. I haven't paid for any ascensions and only have 3 at expert level, all done by research cuz my RNG sucks at drops.. when mimicking myself I still spike upwards of 5bil and ending second on parse.. Just because you don't have GM abilities doesn't make them worthless to mimic
  13. Jrox Well-Known Member

Hold up. I'll be right back, gonna need my soap box...
    Mathafern likes this.
  14. Konc3pt Active Member

all 4 ascension classes are perfectly balanced, why are you guys qq
    Jrox likes this.
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

They're less balanced than the main classes of the game are, and they only have 7 spells a piece (not counting the potency buffs).
  16. Mathafern Well-Known Member

They are balanced in that anyone QQing about one can swap to a different one.
    And if you say "but I trained that one up" well maybe you should have done some research before you did your research. ;)
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

And you really want all four anyway, so it's not like you won't have them all.
  18. Jrox Well-Known Member

Please take note: I said...

I only have 31 points in Pot not 75 and I do quite well for only 31 pot points. So while deity is nice, it is not the end all be all. As far as paying to upgrade your ascensions, that is completely your prerogative.

I invested a little for a couple of reasons that may not ring true for others. Those reasons are simple for me, I like to compete and I felt an urge to help support the game further since I got such a great deal on my annual subscription. I did this very early on and would possibly not have done the same had I known all the problems with this past year's performance up front.

Bro! A good coercer is worth bringing along in any group. Yes there are few and far between that are good enough right now, but I think that is more due to population and those playing the class just not getting it. I know for a fact the coercer (Only one) in my current guild is definitely good enough for any zone in the game. I also know another in a much less progressive guild (if he wasn't taking a break from the game right now) who can also blow **** up lol. But again, good coercers are really tough to find. I did group with a girl the other day who was outstanding on her coercer. So they are out there, you just have to find them. I have a running list of people at this point in the xpack. Those all of whom I have grouped with. Simply because I want to know who wants to be carried and who is working at getting better.
  19. Kielex Well-Known Member

But the best illy would be a lot stronger than the best coercer, that's the point. Any class can be good up to a certain level. The potential of a class is capped however. Some caps are much lower than others, which needs to be adjusted for all classes to be as close to as useful to each other as possible.
    Mermut and Jrox like this.
  20. Earar Well-Known Member

u shoudln't compare 2 classes that have different utility.

who's fault if a class utility is capped ?