Extreme Lag in Raid Zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Ormy, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Amaitae Active Member

How about opening the client software of this game, so more people can look into the problems? The developer team gives the impression that is cannot handle the sheer overwhelming amount of bugs that just 'come from somewhere' which make the continuous stream of bug fixing look like a 24/7 full time job for them. Since you can either do this or use the time for creative tasks, I think it is a valid suggestion.
  2. DirgeTx New Member

1st time to ever post but it is time. I have played since EQ1 Pre-Kunark. So many changes and challenges over the years but for what it is worth to DBG folks watching or reading. Sadly, this persistent button lag that I have never experienced until just prior to DBG taking over and that is not resolved is the first issue that has made me consider leaving the game. Not a threat and I'm really kind of sad about it as I have a ton of friends and have gone through all of the changes over a decade with the EQ franchise (EQII in this instance) and it so completely removes the fun from the game I struggle to be interested no matter how I try. My PC is WAY,WAY OP for EQII and reading here helps me understand there may be issues beyond me and GNinja talking about the focus on DBG side to find is certainly welcome to hear. But... it is not fun raiding now, Other than my guild and friends on Unrest I would be done with EQII. I hope things get better soon. I am nearly done....
  3. leannel New Member

I've noticed that the button lag has started again beginning about 2 weeks ago. This is getting so frustrating!
  4. Crychtonn Active Member

I'm to busy getting critical errors and crashing to desktop every other time I zone to notice the lag these days . . . .
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Have you switched to the Default UI?
  6. Crychtonn Active Member

No, I'm using DrumsUI. But we have a handful that do use Default UI and they crash zoning just as often as everyone else. So I don't see how that can be the problem.

PS - Lag last night in raids was terrible, especially in RC raid. We also had 2-10 people crash to desktop every time we went to a new raid zone.
  7. Crychtonn Active Member

Oh, and if Daybreak's answer is everyone can only use the Default UI to play this game they might as well cancel my account now. If they really want people to use the Default then they should look at the extra utility the other UI's like Drums offer and add it into the Default. Or they could put in the minute effort to contact the people making the other UI's and work with them to provide the player base a better gaming experience.
  8. Jrel Well-Known Member

Combat raid lag when raid dps is over 200 milllion has been terrible on Butcherblock for the past few weeks. I'm unable to successfully complete most of my Fatal Followup chains on every name fight. I've only been able to get in 4 CAs under In Plain Sight or Concealment before the duration of IPS or Concealment ends suddenly. Raid combat lag makes my CAs unable to be successfully fired in the 2-3 seconds following the initial 4 CAs. So I end up with suboptimal FFU chains whereas my 5 CA or 7 CA FFU chains are EASY to complete in heroic zones, or in a raid with lower dps.

Here is a sample of the amount of Suboptimal out of Possibly Successful Fatal Followup Chains Since Jun 01, Monday (in a raid that does 200 to 600 mill on names):

Morin & Barin: 4 out of 5, and 4 out of 4
    Jessip: 3 out of 5, and 4 out of 6
    Krasnok: 3 out of 7, and 2 out of 8
    Grethah: 10 out of 10
    Soronigus: 3 out of 4
    Aevila: 2 out of 4
    Tonnin: 2 out of 3
    Diabo: 3 out of 7
    V'derin: 3 out of 12
    Brutas: 1 out of 2, and 2 out of 3
    Swabber: 1 out of 2, and 1 out of 2
    Bull Mcleran: 1 out of 2, and 1 out of 2
    Charanda: 3 out of 4, and 2 out of 5
    Witchdoctor: 1 out of 2

This has been the norm for 3 weeks.
  9. Jrel Well-Known Member

The lag on Butcherblock wasn't too bad last week for the first few days. I was able to press 3 CAs inbetween autos during normal raid lag, but then Wednesday, the server started getting sluggish again. On Beta, there is no lag obviously. I can press 3,and OMG, even 4 CAs during heavy raid combat (long AOE fights), and even 2xOMG, complete my FFU Chains. However, back on Butcherblock, trying to do more than 2 CAs is joke. I'm back to only 2 CAs inbetween autos when I _Should_ be able to cast 3 and 4 in order to play my class properly. I'm actually doing 25%+ less damage in raid on live, than on beta, because I can't press my normal amount of CAs to proc my passive damage procs. This does not even include dps loss from laggy FFU chains.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

11. Jrel Well-Known Member

So, what is going to be done to preempt the incoming raid lag since 4+ raid guilds with heavy combat lag will be on at the same time in the same zones in the Butcherblock, Crushbone, Oasis merge.
    Neiloch likes this.
  12. Jrel Well-Known Member

Had the same slow combat lag affecting my CAs as per my previous post #168, on 05 October 2015, in Brokenskull Bay, Freethinkers' Hideout (normal and Challenge mode), and Rum Cellar raid zones on Butcherblock between 730 PM CST and 1030 PM CST; resulting in the same issue with suboptimal FFU chains, not being able to use more than 2 CAs per auto (I should be able to do 3), making me do only 1/2 to 2/3 my normal total DPS -- basically, not being able to play my class the way it should be played.

It is ironic that during heavy raid combat lag, I need to rely on my autoattack to do the bulk of my damage, because I can't fully use my CAs and can't fully complete my Fatal Followup chains. My total CA damage needs to be boosted by an overall 33 to 50% to make up for the current lag, plus who knows how much more to compensate for the next expansion's reduction of autoattack damage. I'm still going to need my current autoattack damage ratio if the lag doesn't get fixed.
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Well if they move forward with their plans to get rid of all item procs except weapon I hope it helps. If it doesn't severely lower the occurrence of lag they are going to need to take some more aggressive measures.

I'm also hoping the merges allow for more hardware for heavy load instances of zones so popular zones aren't laggy just because lots of instances of them are being run. RC and FTH are good examples right now. Its why when we run AoM we rarely get lag.
  14. Stabaholic Active Member

Ya.... so I' going to guess server merges are only going to make raid lag much worse. We'll be replacing parses with FPS counters instead. :D
  15. Jrel Well-Known Member

Server: Maj'Dul
    Zone: Maldura: Forge of Ashes Raid
    Time: 7:44 PM to 11:00PM CST

Constant, sick and slow lag most of the night. I could only use 1-2 CAs every 3.6 seconds of autoattack. Many Fatal Followup chain fails. Now that WDB is nerfed, my autoattacks are even worse, whereas before, I had them as a fallback to cut through the lag. Not anymore. We could not even get past 3 minutes on the last name in the zone without wiping to lag. We gave up. Hopefully the lag is better tomorrow.
    Neiloch likes this.
  16. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Wt usually don't raid on Sunday nights but if the lag we experienced only occurred half the time I'm still surprised any weekend raiding guilds still exist. It was like having a huge 3 second GCD when the games is balanced around only a fraction of that.
  17. Jrel Well-Known Member

Server: Maj'Dul
    Zone: Maldura: Forge of Ashes Raid
    Time: 7:54 PM CST NOW

The lag is utterly destroying us right now on the last fight. The lag is preventing us from curing and casting other abilities on time.

Lag 6 - Raid 0.
  18. Drumstixx Active Member

I bet it's that DrumsUI lag, still.
  19. Jrel Well-Known Member

No wayyy... Drums is our favorite UI. I even used combatfilter and the lag was still sucking. I blame 4 top guilds doing the same zone at the same times and moreso.... triggered/proccing raid buffs that were SUPPOSED to be static buffs this expansion.
  20. Arclite Well-Known Member

Using Profit here and the lag is atrocious these days during raids. Just pulling the trash in hive mind x4 results me staring at the screen hoping what i press will actually land on the target. I see spikes in damage and then dead before i have the chance to put anything up since the stoneskin i pressed 4 seconds did not go through. Tanking is a nightmare in ToT.

Please get this fixed this.