Extreme Lag in Raid Zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Ormy, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Ormy New Member

Today is 3/2, for the last 2 weeks the lag has made raiding no fun. Is it because the population on Antonia Bayle is so large ? I had great hopes after the server maintanence but it got worse. If it is because the population is so large can we stop transfers ? Can any of the devs give me some idea of what the problem is because if it continues like this I see no reason to go on with this game. It is every mob in every raid zone. It gets almost unplayable when adds come in. If you can't fix stuff like this take away the adds, Fundamentally change raiding because what we have now is unplayable and no fun.

Ormy
    TenEj likes this.
  2. Crychtonn Active Member

It's not jus AB. We tried doing the Spider last night in Highhold and had to leave the lag was so bad. That fight has always been bad but last night was the worst I've ever seen it. Even rebooting didn't help out. Hopefully it's better tonight.
  3. Foretold Well-Known Member

Last night, HH Spider lag was astronomical. Like I've never seen it before. I, too, was hoping the OS maintenance they did on AB last week would help the lag. But, no... not at all.

We took three pulls on the spider, said screw this, and went elsewhere.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Crazy lag in Bilgewater on Butcherblock too last night. Even before combat even buffing was running into crazy lag.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

Its not just AB, and its not related to your home server.

We have the same issue on Unrest when no other guild on Unrest is even in the Highhold raid zone at the same time we are (Not hard when there are only 3 raid guilds in US time zones).

I suspect that the way they distribute server instances over equipment, it may very well be that all instances of Highhold Raid are spinning on the same physical servers. We ran into this before with other zones, for example guild halls.

It may also just be a result of things they are doing in preparation for the database migration.
  6. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Cant kill the first named in BB (AB Server) raid cause we keep crashing. Lagging is also always present =/
  7. Flatline Well-Known Member

Confirmed!
    Confirmed.. half raid goes LD, comes back, switches places, goes LD
  8. Andrake New Member

Yeah, kills that have been flawless are turning into deaths by lag, at no fault of the players or failing scripts. It's stupid bad.
  9. Ormy New Member

Attan Said:

"It may also just be a result of things they are doing in preparation for the database migration."

________________________________________________________________________________________
    Attan
    I've seen you post in may places, so I trust your opinion. This "Database Migration" will solve the lag problems ??
  10. Jrel Well-Known Member

Castle HH Raid, 3rd Name Spider fight has extreme lag when the adds pop. It's a good 2 seconds of combat lag and hoping the hotkeys you pressed don't de-activate two seconds later. Even the Morin and Barin fight in BSB raid zone, with water, has less lag.
  11. Rarrum Active Member

We generally hit this when we raid also, on Freeport. It's been really nasty lately, so bad that as a beastlord I frequently have savagery bleed off before I can hit primals in raids, which really screws up my ability to compete with the mages on damage (I give most of them a run for their money when not lagging).

It hasn't seemed as bad in molten pools, though is still present there. I've noticed it the most in both Highhold (usually on trash, while clearing to the first 2 named; we haven't tried 3rd named) and BSB (1st named, and sometimes trash).
  12. jaqs New Member

On Oasis its stupid also, I thought the 4 hour maintenance would help, but alas it has been noticeably worse since then. The whole raid freezes up for 2 or 3 seconds ...... although even with we got a flawless on the Captain last night lols. The piano should be fun this week ....... LOL also on the Crumbling guy the worshipper adds were blowing up before they even got to the raid no idea why, but it was funny as hell.
  13. Maddest Active Member

The bards are getting 1 and 2 mellee swings on vc charges because server so lagged out. :(
  14. Adaac Member

Same stuff on Crushbone last night on the spider. Lag so bad we could not kill the first wave of adds in time so it resulted in at least 8 wipes and start over. Excessive button lag, you do a CA series and wait 5-10 seconds for it to react. Also multiple LD's due to game crashing on various characters. We finally killed it but it was the worst night of raiding I've seen. Even zoning you sit there and stare at loading UI resources for an excessively long time.
  15. Jrel Well-Known Member

Our raid just had excessive lag on Inq Soronigus fight, and on the zone trash before it.. 8:44 to 8:57 PM CST. Butcherblock server.
  16. Jrel Well-Known Member

On Butcherblock server, we had excessive combat raid lag in Ssra Temple Raid zone, between 9 PM and 10:28 PM CST. Sometimes it would just make my Fatal Followup chains fail halfway through for no reason. About once or twice on every fight (trash or named mobs), the lag would make me unable to cast my last two combat arts (out of 7 stealth attacks) within 10 seconds. With no lag, I can hit 12 CAs within 8 seconds very easily.

We had no raid combat lag in Castle Highhold zone between 10:28 and 11:00 pm CST. Butcherblock server. Always, we have some obvious "normal" combat lag in Castle Highhold, but not this time. Didn't make it to the spider yet tonight though.
  17. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

Butcherblock lag is out of control. My auto attacks get delayed without even casting CA's
  18. Amfish Active Member

In ossuary now, but castle was ridiculous, first two nameds were fine because no dps checks, spider could not be done. Most of the server complaining (Splitpaw that is) get maybe 5 seconds of fine button pressing, things go smooth, but then just goes down the drain. Trash is super fun like this!!!

Could we get an answer or something if you lovely Devs know whats going on with it? Or anything from you wonderful people, just to let us know you care! =P
  19. duckster Active Member

All part of the features included ingame.
    Rhapsodic1 likes this.
  20. Chronus Active Member

That was ridiculous, I was lucky to cast one spell in timewarp if I was lucky. Guess we can't raid for a while until this is fixed.
    Amfish likes this.