Vuulak's Changes

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gaealiege, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Karnoz Active Member

Your idea has my vote, for what it's worth. ;)
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

Think how do healers feel ...

Not only we often cannot do anything (cyclone down, DP down), but moreover often people will consider that we did a bad job
    when indeed there was nothing we could do and that the tank did a bad job.

The current content is indeed totally opposite to what SOE advertised, damage is move spiky than it ever was.

Honestly i don't think that timing temp cycle is a good mecanic, using immunities during specific encounter phases
    would be ok. But using them non stop is a sign a very bad design.
  3. Gninja Developer

For those of you tanks out there that are having issues with the spikes. Mitigation is your friend. You will need pretty high mitigation to be able to lower the damage enough to take the damage without getting one shot. It really does lower the damage significantly.
  4. Luhai Active Member

Yeah, I figured. Every time my monk ran out of tools, I was pretty much dead within 3 seconds.
  5. Dainar New Member

My only question to that is I was in there with almost 15000 mit, 47.6 uncontested block, and 116% block chance. I wouldn't get one shot killed exactly, but when you've got 1mil hps buffed and take 4 hits at the exact same second per ACT for 260k, there isn't much you can do(and it looks like you just got one shot). My experience with this zone(haven't been able to kill ahrmatal yet) is that you have to hope either your temp's are active at the right time, or pray that you block atleast every 4th attack. 4 hits that happen at the exact same time for 260k each doesn't allow for any reaction time. This zone, while I understand is the hardest heroic zone in the game, feels way out of line with all other heroic zones. every other zone is cake to walk through, then you hit a wall. I'm in all potent gear, each with atleast one gem, except for the pants and bp which are arcane 3 gems each. as a tank, this zone really sucks.
  6. Rasttan Member

So Brawlers are supposed to do what wait a year to get all the Mitt pieces which im pretty sure still wont be enough Mitt, not some half *** tank here, this fight ignores avoidance other than strikethrough immunity because the mobs own strikethrough is rediculasly high
    seems to be 100%ST in here. So damage reductions and temps are about it for a leather or cornholing a perfect group to have enough DR running for a leather to get through it, and yes I have beaten this mob but it is a temp fest, save fest rotation.
    Also the quad attacks in back to back seconds which none miss with my 66-67% uncontested avoidance
    I have 3 Mitt pieces and 3 block either potent or raid dropped 2 of the potent max gemmed.
    10.5k mitt currently unbuffed what number do i need to not make this fight a save fest, Dissregaurding the fact you guys made a tanks
    avoidance irrelevant on the last few mobs in the zone.
  7. Rasttan Member

I gaurentee just having high mitt and cycling temps with crap for avoidance will be better than having maxed uncontested against these mobs its definitly not balanced towards avoidance at all.
  8. Ranga Active Member

Group has to be specced right too, on my coercer I respecced for manaward especially, not great but it all helps. Get the summoners, bards and all to do the same.
  9. quisling Well-Known Member

Just curious, what sort of mitigation numbers are we talking about?
  10. Kwikdeath Active Member

I would agree on not being balanced for brawlers. Ran it with a monk last night in full potent, full gems except for bp and legs and on the 3rd named when temps dropped was still tasking 700k shots. We got through the first two, but couldn't kill the 3rd. With the arcane stun even a second without healing when taking those kind of shots is not good. When temps dropped on one pull he got hit for 700k every second for 8 seconds straight. 8 million incoming damage in 8 seconds just from mob auto attacks seems pretty imbalanced. If we are just supposed to leave the brawlers at home that's fine, but I don't know how happy they'll be about it. Avoidance needs to do more when temps drop in this zone, because I don't see how it is balanced for brawlers vs warriors right now. It can be done, but wow I know who in the guild I am going with next time, and it's not the brawler...
  11. fiyy Member

I was thinking this whole expansion is pretty bad for brawlers. When my temps are down I'm getting destroyed in raids and in places like dominion.

I'm only sitting around 10k mit unbuffed and that's with every piece of mit gear I've been able to get my little rat hands on so far. It's just sad that plate tanks can get about 10% less avoidance then us, but much higher mit, which in this expansion, mit seems to be king.
    Malleria likes this.
  12. Luhai Active Member

That was my experience, too. I have around 10500 Mit unbuffed, 60% uncontested block, but without permanently cycling all of my tools, I'm dead.
    I was able to survive up to 2:40 mins on Ahrmatal, but that was it. I got hit up to 8 or 9 times per second, hardly any attack of the mob ever missed. Since I usually don't have the luxury of a perfect group setup; I don't see me killing this mob in its current state.
  13. Prrasha Well-Known Member

1) Mitigation tanks.
    2) Avoidance tanks.
    3) Potential one-shot kills.

Choose any two.

You can only have both styles of tanks if nobody deals one-shot damage with any frequency (at avoidance-tank mitigation levels; obviously you can still one-shot the wizards with autoattacks.)

If you want a damage range with a chance to one-shot the avoidance tank, the mitigation tank is going to take too many almost-one-shot hits, and the healers won't keep up, and then only avoidance tanks will function as tanks.

If you want a damage range with a chance to one-shot the mitigation tank, the avoidance tank has to literally avoid everything, as the lower-damage hits that the mit tank would survive will still one-shot the avoid tank, and then only mitigation tanks will function as tanks.

Sounds like this zone was designed choosing (1) and (3)... sorry, brawlers. (And, worse, even the "avoidance" tanks don't get to avoid anything.)
  14. Karnoz Active Member

Speaking of which, do you get anything whatsoever out of having more than 15,450 mitigation when tanking a 103rd level mob like this fellow? The number is what I've always assumed is the cap vs a 103rd level mob, so if I'm mistaken in that regard, I'd be surprised, pleased, and interested in hearing what the actual cap is.
  15. Karnoz Active Member

Avoidance tanks include monks, and for some to me inscrutable reason, monk temp buffs and procs allow them to raise their DR higher than any class but berserkers. They don't have higher DR than guardians or paladins vs every hit, but while their avoidance temps are running, they don't need any DR at all, so they're at least as good at tanking mobs that primarily auto-attack hard.
  16. Neiloch Well-Known Member

warden channeler and mystic make it stupid easy. Although I suspect the channeler making the damage outright lower by percentage is the biggest help. The one DPS you bring better be beast though unless you want to wait all day. I also recommend an enchanter over bard if you have a choice, for power concerns.
    Estred likes this.
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

I prefer to run heroic content as a single healer, content should not require two healers to be beated
    and even less three.
  18. Gaealiege Active Member

I'm curious about the brawlers group setups. Are you guys running a shaman for debuffs on these mobs? Our debuffs lower the damage incoming substantially.
  19. Kcool005 Active Member

When i did it on my bruiser -- When it FIRST CAME OUT - so like prenerf, prenerf (i think)... I did it with a Mystic, Fury, Dirge, illy, Brigand, Bruiser (Me) --- We cleared the zone, end boss was all about cycling temps or dieing back then, he's much easier now.
  20. Malleria Well-Known Member

Bruiser, inq, mystic, dirge, coe, BL. All debuffing as much as they can. Before the change Dagrin and Ahrmatal both one-shot despite debuffs. After the change Ahrmatal hits significantly less, but more often, so one-round kills are a possibility but don't seem to happen very often. Dagrin post-change still one shots no matter how many debuffs are applied. This, imo, is very very poor content design. Want to make debuffs important? Go ahead. But one-shotting despite massive debuffing is unacceptable.