The Year of Darkpaw Crafter!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Denmum, Jan 1, 2024.

1. KingDragon Active Member

So... you have an achievement visible now, the 1000 individually crafted items, and you state there is going to be an end of year achievement for doing other stuff each month but have not indicated what we need to be working on to achieve that. Can you tell us what we should be doing for January since this non-visible achievement is coming so we can work on those while we are doing our daily crafting, our daily doubloon mission, and all the other stuff so we aren't overlooking something?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

it's this "craft 1000 items" for January
    next month another will be added, the following month another and so on. You can start in this 1000 items now and have until end of the series of achievements to finish

They probably won't disclose what next month's will be but it does not matter since what you do now will not count.
    I'm fully expecting something like harvest 1000 times or nodes, finish 100 writs and such... and even if you know now you cannot start working towards it yet.
  3. KingDragon Active Member

Yeah, it says for January, but it's not locked to January, we get ALL year to complete the crafts. And asking about what's part of the master Achievement helps planning now, as for example, if we are told one of the line items is to craft current content items we'd know to keep some of our harvest stashed away for later instead of dumping it all on the broker and fighting with inflated prices during an event later where you had what you needed but now can't finish cause you don't have the plat to purchase at the inflated prices and everyone's out fighting for nodes like we did back in VoV for the daily/weekly.

I've got plenty of toons that I'd like to work on for this, but I need a game plan. having to log in and out of multiple accounts and alt swapping already just to do the non-TS event stuff. Situating a better attack plan would be much appreciated. I know work, college, and things like family cut into play time for many.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Wow, who sells current harvests before they are swimming in it and have overflowing depots??

But seriously you have enough to start on getting all your crafters started on the 1000 items, that will take a while
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

By the way this Craft 1000 combines during 2024 is asking for combines, not even actual items. It counts even the daily tinker/adorning, and even those interrupted after 1st line.
  6. Denmum Developer

I will have a list out in a couple weeks with the rest of the achievements for the year. Many of them will be tradeskill series that you likely have already completed (and will retroactively count) if you are a longtime crafter. At least one more will require stuff fresh this year, so players cannot just autocomplete all of the year's achievements, but that one will likely be a harvesting one, and will have to be completed once it is released. No hoarding should be needed. :D
  7. Kattt Well-Known Member

Can you please clarify something? What you said above, says specifically that the "cub carrier from santa glug" is only available until the end of Frostfell. It does not say the mirage item is available for that short time.

Also, in the other announcement post, Angeliana said: "In all that adventuring don't forget to visit Darkpaw Celebrator Katrynn in North Qeynos and at the Freeport Docks to look at all the things now available! Each month more items will unlock on this vendor that will be available from unlock point until the end of the year. Included amidst her offerings will be new Mirage items, which are back slot appearance-only versions of some of the more popular pack and quiver appearances. No longer will players have to stress about using their favorite appearance backpack versus a pack with more storage space."

And then went on to say at the end of the thread, "They will not "go away", they will be there all year."

Yet other people are telling me that the mirage goes away too. This is all VERY confusing. Though I do have a hard time believing DB would make the mirage item, which costs 40 tokens PER toon only available for basically 9 days. Along with all our other grinds going on right now, which has become exhausting, that sounds kinda unreasonable. So I am hoping you did in fact mean that the "santa glug" carrier as you stated is going away, not the mirage.

Can you clarify this please? :)

Thanks so much.
  8. Denmum Developer

The Mirage items that correspond to specific holiday events (Blizzard Grizzly Cub Carrier for Frostfell, Brewmeister's Backpack for Brewday, etc) will only be available for purchase when the live event where the backpack/quiver version is available. Other Mirage items, and all the house items on the vendor, will be around for purchase during the entire year.

Each month I will be adding at least 1 mirage item that will be around for purchase for the rest of the year, any limited-time Mirages sales of event items, and several more house items. I hope this clarifies it. If not, let me know and I'll try rewording. Brain congestion during a cold is a thing, and I am sometimes struggling with words right now.
  9. Kattt Well-Known Member

Thank you for responding so quickly...appreciate that.

I just wish all who communicate on forums would be on same page. So I went by what Angeliana said. She said nothing would go away and I took that at word, and was relieved I didn't have to rush on anything. Because I am completely bogged down by Frostfell, Expansion, Festival, projects, etc....to add one more grinding thing onto list for this month. So 9 days to get 40 tokens each for something like 25 toons was just not a good idea. So I have not rushed to get the mirage the last 4 days because of what that post said. (So now I have 5 days to get what 800 tokens for like 20 toons (if I leave some out.) That sorta thing makes us want to pull our hair out...I have to say. :( )

I think you're terrific Niami, but the decision makers are exhausting us. Not to mention what its likely doing to devs.

Anyway, I really hope this mad rush idea is rethought.

I hope you feel better soon!

Again, thanks for responding so quick as you always do. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Twyla and Tkia like this.
  10. Denmum Developer

The Frostfell Mirage item will be available for most of December, when Frostfell is reactivated, so that "should" relieve some of the mad rush feeling. Communications on this one were hard because there are a LOT of moving parts, and multiple people have been working on chunks of it on and off for many, many months. Corralling it all into one place after the expansion and before the holidays was chaotic, to say the least.
  11. Kattt Well-Known Member

Chaotic is a good word here. =) I sense many players and devs feel exactly that. I am thrilled at the 20th year, and thrilled at the additional goodies or fun stuff. But I am feeling exhaustion with this game because getting anything is pure grind now, and not much time left for what I used to love...just decorating and grouping. Its become all grind. 40 tokens for this item is way way too much. Limited time for MORE things on top of Frostfell, Festival, expansion, etc. is too much. Waiting 8 days if you just don't have time to grind missions every day of your life, for a *single* house item every time you want a single one....is too much. Among all the other things to do. I am feeling bad game fatigue, and I already lost a good game friend who cancelled two subs because of stuff like this.

So older players got ALL those backpacks for nothing since we have easy access to min 46 slot bags. What would have been better, is either lower token cost, or even just the ability to "trade-in" the 30-40 backpacks Santa Glug has given me already or at VERY least trade in one plus like 1, 2, 5 tokens. 40 is too much, especially for this limited of time.

Understand, the talk I hear from players...we love you and Kaitheel, and Gninja, and Angeliana, and other devs (Ttobey and others- didn't forget you.) We think you are incredibly creative and hardworking and good people! We are feeling a collective frustration and exhaustion from the decisions made, from whatever sources higher up are making/collective making. And frustrated by the communication issues which I sense deep down, are from hardworking people stretched thin and not given enough resource. I can feel it all the time in the way things go.

Anyway, these thoughts are tip of iceberg which I won't go into on this topic. Just please, whomever else might read this besides you Niami.... DB, you are wearing us out. =( The grind is burning us out.

EQ2 has the best housing/decorating I have ever seen. Crafting is a shadow of what it used to be though, which happened long before your hardworking halfling self came along. :) My point here is, I just don't get time to actually decorate much anymore. (That doesn't even touch upon I have no time to just group or raid with friends.) I am too busy running around keeping up with the *numerous* ways the decision makers are forcing us to chase our tails or stand on heads to get the fresh items to do so (that could apply to decorators and adventurers.)

I also feel fairly certain any issues I have found since expansion launch have not been remedied and its building more frustration.

On a final positive note, Niami I see your posts in this forum section constantly, and I hope those higher ups appreciate how hard-working and conscientious you are. Know that despite the above frustrations, most of us realize that, and appreciate you.

Have a good one, and again, feel better.

Edit...and if I didn't make it clear, thank you Niami for all you do. =)
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

I confess, I've already given up. Currently I can only get 2 toons per server to the quest object, and not even that on Test until it next patches. 1 item per toon per 4 days really isn't viable for decorating items that really need to be used in multiples. I can't remember when I've ever used a single cushion anywhere, they're always placed in matched pairs at the least.

And you can't equate this with the other festivals that have limited time and high token needs as those all also have at least one quest that can be farmed constantly to earn what's needed. There seems to be no equivalent option here. Nor does it help that most items will be available for the entire year. That would take the pressure off IF they were the only items to work towards, but if each month adds more items to the vendor then it will also add an additional token demand.

And the collections really are not viable either. Yesterday I spent my entire game session on one toon on one server running around Commonlands tracking collection pieces and I still do not have enough pieces to complete all 5 sets on a single toon. And I have 29 toons on 3 servers that would like those collections done before they vanish at the end of the month. Granted it will get slightly easier as the month goes on and the first toons get duplicate pieces to pass on to the next ones, but seriously, I don't want to spend all my game time running around CL tracking shinies day after day. Like Kattt said, I'd like some time to craft and decorate and adventure and generally just play the real game. And in the end how many doubloons are these collections going to give? 5(10) each I suspect. Really not worth it for all the hours required to track them down.

So yeah, I'm basically going to forget this event exists and go back to my decorating with the items I can already craft and leave the nice new cushions sitting on the vendor. More fun, less stress.
  13. Evilary Well-Known Member

I don't have as many toons but I feel the same burn out on this. Is the shinies really only going to be there for the month? OMG, that will be insane. I am so tired of partially complete collections filling up my collection journal.

It's almost like you need to consider the game a full time job in order to get everything in game you want recently. I thought game developers wanted players to play responsibly. Denmum said that the book quest, the collections, and the tradeskill daily in BoZ were all options to get these doubloons. A lot of my characters can only access the BoZ daily of the options at the moment on my live side. Sadly, those toons are only seeing the light of day log enough to get a present from Santa Glug at the moment.

I'm primarily playing on Test server where they didn't even activate the book event or the camps at all. Since most of my characters are leveling and sub 100, BoZ dailies are no go. So the collections are the only chance and they are a 1 and done.

I feel ya on the forget the event and go on. It feels like I may head that way mostly too.
    Tkia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Denmum Developer

I'm sorry that it feels so overwhelming, instead of a year-long celebration. Hopefully you will/can just randomly earn tokens througout the year as you level and get some goodies out of it all. Please also DO be sure to grab the freebies from the marketplace each month.

Test was/is behind on patches. That will be rectified tonight and will include the fixes going Live on Jan. 9, so you will be able to pick up the daily in Qeynos/Freeport starting tonight, should you so desire.
  15. Evilary Well-Known Member

Hope that means the rush orders will be working again. I have been working my baby alt to the bone to get him ready to craft the keys for the Frostfell equipment before Frostfell ends.

I hope there will be a good variety of items on this merchant by the end of the year. For the cost, a lot of the stuff isn't that varied. I would hope to see stuff from various expansions instead of just appearance stuff from the current one. We are celebrating 20 years and all!
  16. Unknown Entity Member

Maybe, since this is a year long celebration, all of the things should be available year long, such as the shinies, etc.
  17. Evilary Well-Known Member

The book appeared in exactly the appropriate spot in Qeynos. I looked around a few areas but it looks perfect where it is on it's little stand. Sadly the patch didn't catch everything and there is new broken stuff on test. I have 1 post up on the test forums and will put more if I find more stuff broken.

But thanks for getting the book placed somewhere that is useful to the little lowbie characters.
  18. Denmum Developer

After more internal discussion, prices will be reduced on many of the house items on Darkpaw Celebrator Katrynn with the next patch. Mirages and a few other very special items will remain at the 40 tokens, but the rest of the items will be reduced by at least over half. Again, this will be with the next patch. (Feb. 13?)
    Cyrrena, Quiarrah, Quillyne and 9 others like this.
  19. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Awesome news Mum, thank you for that.
    No problem in having special unique item more costly, but those simple house items should be discounted.
    "by at least half" is very promising, it should be even more - like 5 or less per house item

P.S. the pace we are able to gain those doubloons should dictate the prices, so far the only way to get currency is a daily ( 5 coins once every 18 hours) and collections (1 time turn in for 15 coins)

Not everybody is a member, so not everybody will get those numbers doubled, which is still a drop in the bucket.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Kattt and Tkia like this.
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

What it really needs is an activity that can be done on the players' timetable. If I can't log in for 3 days and on day 4 am free to play for 8 hours straight I'd happily grind something over and over to play catch-up. Except I can't because of this 18 hour nonsense. One quest, 5 tokens, then twiddle your thumbs for 18 hours is simply not productive or fun.