Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Pink Poodle Maid of the Evening Storm

Hmm... Maybe next year?
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thank you very much for that sweet looking pet we got today, it is soooo cute and the animation is so lifelike that I would expect it to run around somewhere in reality.
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

[IMG]
    Little Drummer Erudite
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That one was animated by Austin, our new animator.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm almost done with something that you guys are going to really love and then after a week will hate me and Jay our sound guy. I can't wait!
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Great!!! I can't wait!
  7. Evilary Well-Known Member

Incoming noisy something confirmed!
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Anticipation !
  9. gambitak Well-Known Member

I would love to have the ability to have an "Alternate Appearance" for trolls based off EQ1 original trolls. I don't like the newer character model and the one on EQ2 is awful to look at; however, I've always liked the original troll character model
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's the direction I would go with for a new EQ. Modern versions of original characters.
  11. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Like this?

https://zukansculpts.artstation.com/projects/kDRN9d
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

We'd do a better job than that.
  13. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

14. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

This I absolutely believe. I always have.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And yet, Zukan's two sculpts are pretty cool! It's just that the Trolls we have now in EQ2 are far more svelte. ;->

Uwk
    who hopes that EQ3, if it happens, will not ignore every single aspect of EQ2 history that we've now established (including the map; it's a main reason why I had no interest whatsoever in "EQ Next"/3/Whatever. I far prefer 2 to 1, I'm not nostalgic at all about it, and resented the stuffing out of the proposed map, telling me everything I love about this universe was nonsense that should never have happened :-/)
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  16. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Oh for sure! Zukan did a great job! At the same time, when ttobey writes like he has fire in his eyes, that makes me excited for what they're capable of doing when they finally go super saiyan on us. I also feel you on the EQ2 part, as everyone around here knows how much I treasure the second installment, which is why I'd love to see us get the proper remastered treatment that this game deserves. What was said about the original models resonates with me because I also prefer the original models in EQ2 over the alternate models that don't feel like EQ at all. Imo both games deserve to be treated well and respected. Heck, I still yearn for Vanguard and SWG these days... all great games and all from this corner of the mmo universe. Similar dna at times, but still very different from one another at the same time.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and gambitak like this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah there's nothing wrong with those models, ours will be better, there's a sculpted flat plastic toy quality that those models have that a lot of games go for.
  18. gambitak Well-Known Member

Love it!

I look forward to this. The EQ2 world is beautiful, expansive and immersive. Some of the character models have the alternate appearance and I enjoy creating characters. My favorite, so far, are the Fae and the Arasai; I've enjoyed making nice-looking characters with them.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There are times I ADORE the SOGA models; l will not make Ogres without them of either gender. The SOGA model Ogres are cool, imho; the default ones, not. With Barbarians, I'll often decide which I prefer with female ones; I will ALWAYS use SOGA for the males. ;->

Uwk
    who does admit, there are times the SOGA models just don't work (therefore, we should keep those options open! :D)...
    gambitak likes this.
  20. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Is it another bird mount that SCREAMS at you when diving? :D

-cough- hazrat kingfeather -cough-
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.