Brigand dps

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Because, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Jrox Well-Known Member

Mages do very well in Den Challenge once they get the potency>Combat Mit. So gear is needed.

I have grouped with a number of good scouts this xpack on live and a good brig could not even come close to a good Swash or Assassin or troub or dirge or coercer...

But guess I could be mistaken. I would love to see some data to back this claim... I mean convince me and I will go back and test again myself. But I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure it out since I used to main a brig back in the day. I wish Brutalize was still around.
  2. Jrox Well-Known Member

Brigs should just be recast as a DPS scout and drop the debuff nonsense. I know go play a swash right? Well sure. But at this point are we ever going to see a brig fix, doubt it. So...
  3. Diveris Well-Known Member

Mages need far more gear in Den challenge than any scout does, which is the reason behind my statement.

Assassin, troub, dirge and coercer all do well in short duration trash fights due to a few hard hitting aoes (that reset often). Any fight lasting more than 30-40 seconds they start to fall behind. They should all fall far behind on boss fights, with the exception of sin, which should be above a brig but not by a large margin.

Personally I have never been out parsed by any of those classes, short of sin on my brig, but I am not about to go waving parses around.
  4. Diveris Well-Known Member

I have been defending the class, but this I cannot agree with. Brigs debuffs are mega-trash atm. If this class gets any fixes it should be to increase CA damage by around 15% and a sweeping massive increase to their debuffs. What a swash has to offer in their buff department is far superior to brigs debuff capabilities.

A brig should be able to debuff 10's of thousands of combat mit, for a short duration. Imo at least.
    Vlkodlak and Jrox like this.
  5. Spurn Member

If this expansion as a brig you can't parse tiptop T2 to T1.5 you are kinda doing it wrong.

You need to max out AbD (400++) and have Ready Up along with the obvious stuff. More than previous expansions not being set up right really really hurts this time and the playstyle for brigs has changed.

What we used to do doesn't work any more.

For what its worth, I've been brigand-ing since August 12, 2006 after retiring my paladin.

Huh. Damn, tomorrow's my birthday!

Strongly disagree on Crimson Swath!

Crimson Swath is one of our best CAs when used correctly. You can do massive sustained dps with it and Forced Arbitration 2.

Danse Macabre -> DUp -> CrS -> FA -> Cornered -> FA -> Blinding Dust -> FA -> Dagger Storm -> FA

Brigs do need time to ramp of meaningful dps since we don't have that many big hits so we are painfully anemic on short fights.My Double Up rotation has massively changed this expansion as well which makes that even worse.

Swashies certainly do NOT 3-4 times my damage. I tend to do slightly better on single target, about the same for small of shorter AOE fights and get spanked on big AOE fights. Speaking from a raid and hard content view and assuming proper / similar group setup which can completely change that.

Easy content is too fast and little more than face rolling at this point anyway so the dps ranking is irrelevant.

But your mileage may vary, just speaking from my experience playing this expansion.

6. Unrivaled Member

A lot of you are confusing mitigation debuffs and combat mitigation debuffs - with incoming damage debuffs.

A incoming damage debuff is a raw flat % increase to damage incoming to a mob. Meaning if you hit a mob for 1 million with a 10% incoming damage debuff on it, you now swing for 1.1million. This is raidwide every hit the mob takes.

Change of Engagement does not stack anymore between multiple rogues (as of the last time I checked...), but the Debilitate/Will to Survive debuffs are still unique to the Brigand and work. Thugs poison in the left side prestige also adds some just physical incoming.

Yes, these work to the best of my knowledge. No, they're not capped by those minuscule weapon procs that people go on about.

Brigand also provides shortsight, which may or may not still work on live anymore (?). It's hard to keep track of which debuffs are randomly working/not working between these live expansions just thrown together.

Correct me if i'm wrong if any of the above is not the case anymore.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

I guess I just don't see anything in my CA book that shows a pecentage. It all is based on real numbers and those real numbers are not even close to 1%. What am I missing...

Honest question here, not being sarcastic...
  8. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

We run with a very skilled Brig and their DPS is quite impressive, their de-buffs do need to be looked at and in my opinion brought up to current game standards. Mobs with 900,000 crit mit, yes the brig should be allowed to cap at 10% max debuff. If the named can have a max DPS hit of 5%, why can the Brig have a capped debuff of 10%. Its a temporary debuff, and make the named immune to that ability for a few minutes in-between castings.
    Bhayar likes this.
  9. appathy Member

double up isnt working right so say dispatch hits 4 times when cast if i use double up it only hits 6 and almost all CA's that work with double up are the same way
  10. appathy Member

i guess i should say when using doubleup the first cast of the spell with double cast but the doubleup part doesn't double cast
    Bhayar likes this.
  11. Jrox Well-Known Member

This is funny. Guess you have just never played with other good scouts would be my thought and I main raided on a Brig for quite a while. Me and another guy named Brutalize used to roll together and shred ****. Miss that guy... But your Brig is not out parsing a good Swash/Assassin/Ranger.

Edit: A good channeler offers more than a Very Good Brig in the state of things right now.
  12. Smashey Well-Known Member

I agree we wont beat a good ranger ever, but I have been pretty close to multiple top 3 guild swashys in the last couple of weeks.

Brigs can pump out some serious DPS on single target if specced right and AE fights with no add respawn. But having just 1 additional mob join the fight pretty much makes swashy better.
  13. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Saw the changes to the epic spell, and it made me sigh. Comparing a poison combat mit/poison proc and increasing incoming physical damage when all melee damage has been nerfed into the ground, to a buff (Swashy version) is just meh.

• Rogue: Brigand Poisonous Plan
    • Casting Time: 0.4
    • Recast Time: 105
    • Duration: 6
    • Effects:
      • Decreases combat mitigation of target.
      • Increases physical damage done to the target.
      • On Hostile Ability cast by raid members will apply Planned Poisoning to target.
        • Inflicts poison damage to target.
        • Decreases combat mitigation of target.
    • Rogue: Swashbuckler Dastardly Plan
      • Casting Time: 0.6
      • Recast Time: 95
      • Duration: 10
      • Effects:
      • Transfers some of the casters current hate tot he target's most hated enemy.
      • Increases effectiveness of Marauder's Vaunt.
      • (Master) Adds a flurry, and a flurry multiplier component to the caster's Marauder's Vaunt.
      • (Master) Increases the base radius of Marauder's Vaunt.
      • (Master) Increases the base duration of Marauder's Vaunt.
  14. Cyenadros Active Member

i outparse'd an illy in raid with my brig, so itz gud
  15. badname912 Active Member

Whats sad is how similar to the assassin epic this ability is.. yet brig one is absolute dogwater... Brig one has significantly less debuff and less dps than the assassin version tracing wound.

Its a really really really sad epic spell, that reads with great potential but needs massive increase. for example tracing wound is doing 500x the damage of the brig epic... while tracing wound still debuffs more....
    Wannalearn1 likes this.
  16. Wannalearn1 Member

What is a very skilled brig these days, I cant recall last time I saw a brig compete with their bards.
  17. ZUES Well-Known Member

Swash, brig, dirge and troub all got major parse nerfs with this high potency we have. I remember a time when all 4 had been #1 on the parse and flavor of the month (or at least top 3 on the raidwide parse). And FYI swash only parses on large aoe trash encounters. Where it counts is on named. And swash is at the bottom of the list.

The devs determine what classes will be flavor of the month. I think it's time brig and swash return to the T1 dps category. Dirge and troub should be T2. This will only happen if devs go in a different direction with WDB, flurry, strikethrough, etc. As of right now it appears all of their attention is on potency and CB. That's why most scouts are feeling this parse drop. Assassins and rangers benefit the most from potency. That's why they're #1. Sins and rangers have been dev favorites, since launch. Same with wiz and lock.

The only way I can see to fix this is add new poisons. And give brig and swash a massive poison amplifying buff. Exclude this buff from sins and rangers. That's the easiest fix. And that's under the assumption that the devs would like to make them flavor of the month again.
  18. Aull Active Member

I play Swashbuckler and I believe that a Brigand should definitely be noticealby higher dps on single target mobs. I mean my swashbuckler has a very noticeable higher dps gap than brigands in the AOE fights and by quite an unfair margin. So for me it would only be fair for brigs to have a higher dps gap than swashbucklers on the singles.

As far as dps on single target tiers i believe that t1 melee dps should be Assassin/Ranger then t2 Brigand/Swashbuckler this of course flips in AOE fights.
  19. Drona Well-Known Member

Swashbuckler and Brigand are in very good spot now. I have seen 40T+ parses from both. They are currently T2 DPS. They were never supposed to be T1 as both of those classes have some nice utility.
  20. Fix Luclin New Member

Really? Ive seen more swash parses but thats simply due to adds/trash being in the fight as well. Or in heroics swash is very strong.. But theres only ever been 1 single brig who I have seen parse. Most struggle to beat the tanks on parse.