Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs – 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Oceansfull is active on Test!

For generations, we othmir have been giving thanks to Prexus at this time of year for all he provides, above and beneath the waves. Know that if you find any of us celebrating along the oceans' edge, like Taffil in Antonica, Hana in Tranquil Sea, or Kisu and Mimmi in Eastern Wastes, you are welcome to dance with us and receive our blessings. I've heard it can be fortuitus when searching the waters nearby for evidence of the Ocean Lord's generosity.

New Features for '22!
    Special Rules Servers
    • Varsoon - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Terrors Run Deep, "Awuidor: Trench of Terrors", Oceansfull of Good Food, To Shell and Back, Beach Party Brawl, and "Sacraments of the Deep" collection.
    • Kaladim & Kael Drakkel - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Terrors Run Deep, "Awuidor: Trench of Terrors", and Oceansfull of Good Food.
    • Tarinax - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Terrors Run Deep, "Awuidor: Trench of Terrors", Oceansfull of Good Food, To Shell and Back, and "Sacraments of the Deep" collection.
    Live servers
    • New Quest
      • "Terrors Run Deep" offered by Mimmi at Nipik's Haven in Eastern Wastes
    • New dungeon with solo and heroic versions
      • Awuidor: Trench of Terrors [Heroic] and [Solo]
        • Includes new collection: Fish Food
        • Includes new daily mission: Trawling the Terrors [Event]
    • Clam Shell Game has 33 items (9 of which are brand new, and 10 have not been attainable since 2019!)
      • Also includes Copper Jubilation Medals during Summer Jubilee
    Returning Features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Oceansfull Celebrators are found dancing and setting off fireworks along the coast in 11 different zones.
    • Clam Shell Game - Players open clam shells found offshore in areas of the world where Oceansfull Celebrators are found to obtain prizes.
    • Overseer quests
      • Offered by Taffil in Antonica
        • Yodie's Adventure - Kedge Curiosity
        • Yodie's Adventure - Merchant of Trouble
        • Yodie's Adventure - Wakey Wakey
    • Quests
      • Oceansfull of Good Food - Repeatable every year
      • To Shell and Back - Repeatable every year
      • Shell or High Water - Repeatable every year
      • Beach Party Brawl - Repeatable every year
    • Collections
      • Sacraments of the Deep
    Any feedback submitted after 8/6/2022 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 8/11/2022 at 12:01 AM PT until 8/24/2022 at 11:59 PM PT on the live servers.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. oakmiser Well-Known Member

All of the drops from Shell Game seem to work well. This year was the first I had the happy discovery of "Othmir Tribe Blessing" and it's affect on your loot from the Shell Game. I adore the building set that comes with this version of rewards, I already have ideas for how to use it on Varsoon TLE guild house. The new brian coral pods are awesome as well!

Suggestions for Shell Game as it's the only repeatable interactive for TLE most often because of expansion unlocks etc. Definitely as you have time, and not all at once. but I think the enduring breathe and praticle effect suggestions might be easy?

-Give the Othmir Tribe Blessing a Enduring Breathe buff effect.
    -Randomly have the shells shoot out larger gusts of bubbles and push you through the water instead of the code for the pearl to click for your reward it just pops the reward open upon being pushed. [As if the shell was inhabited still and said "DONT EAT ME HERE TAKE THIS!"]
    -Make the shells sparkle or release gusts of bubbles so they can be seen easier at a distance.
    -Add in a few non-game related shells/corals/exotic fish or planar water creatures etc to add to the flora/fauna of the beach this is happening around as if the celebration is drawing them in.

Shell or High Water- Still works well, great indicators for the shells with the sparkles on this quest.

Edited the wiki to tell about this buff on shell game feature, and put in the new times.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Dialogue from Forgemaster Gert : "I've used tinkered machine in Moors of 'Ykeesha' to open a"

terrorcudas keep one-shotting me with insane dmg (Urgent***)

Ripperclaw either seems to be using heroic scripts or needs tone-down in difficulty (Urgent***)

Bad npc pathing in Coral Corner POI and water elevators
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

YES :D and the shells do drop summer event medals, just as I suspected.
  5. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Okay...trying not to be angry.

This solo...wow. I have been in here an hour. I wandered lost through tubes full of fish and mobs that one-shot me and are apparently trash, I clicked through portals that lead to platforms of nothing but trash mobs, I fell and died and had to re-kill everything I had already killed...

Then I managed to finally find a named. 'Ripperclaw'...despite trying desperately to read the fast-moving script scrolling by and figure out what the rocks I picked up were for and find a way to stop the sharks...I could not win. This is a solo?? This is a HOLIDAY event solo??

I died so many times to falling and being one-shotted by trash that I had to call to the guild hall and repair. If I can get the bitter taste of rancid 'holiday fun' out of my mouth, I'll try to go back in and see if I can figure it out.
  6. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Also: Just like when this water zone was regular content, the mobs and mercs and pets go under the platforms sometimes during fights. Since this was never fixed back when this zone was current content, I'll assume that's not going to be something you'll be fixing for this event? Probably?
    Suidakra and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Update: Went back in out of curiosity. My only goal was getting back to Ripperclaw's platform. I died five times trying to do so. If I wasn't a class that can self-rez, I wouldn't have been able to make it at all.
  8. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Ooooo ! Yes!!!!:)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I got him and there was no chest.

eye twitch
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

They better fixe that, I am tired of event instances that you can only do when mentored down 20 levels.
    Or is this another one of those " only for level 120 " instances that only people with access to the last expansion can do?

That is even worse than getting killed 15 times, then you don't get anything for your trouble.
  11. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Well...it's Test. I imagine they just haven't put the drops in yet? I also imagine that every fish I run into is not actually supposed to one-shot me. So...this frustration level should probably not make it to live. I hope.

I should have had slightly less coffee before doing this today.
  12. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Since I die every ten seconds and have to call to the hall to repair, can you make the sediment zone please? No sense picking it all up so I have it for the zone when I barely make it to one named without needing to leave again.
  13. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Looks like the pearls from killing named also don't zone. I got two named down, but only have one pearl to place.

Maybe I should...not keep trying this...

Edit: I kept trying this. Found the first mob's platform and the pearl was there. Either I forgot to pick it up (I think I picked it up) or it respawned when I zoned out with it.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I suggest to you to wait till Monday or so, to give the devs a chance to have a look at this.
    It might be you have to use something to stun the fish with or such, in any case you have done your duty at this point Manafizzle.
    The only thing you can try at this point is to mentor down, to see if this instance allows you to do that.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this is a max level or current expansion only thing (or both) as I can't even find the listed quest giver in Nipik's Haven.
  16. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's the current new fancy Oceansfull zone. Max level, max murder fish.
  17. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

(Finished it, btw. Took three trips to guild hall to repair...)
  18. Chrol Developer

Code has been made aware of the missing pathing at the Coral Corner in Trench of Terrors.
    As for stuff I can fix...
    • Removed one of the heroic scripts left on the solo version of Ripperclaw
    • All solo boss adds spawn slower (if they spawn at all)
    • All bosses drop loot
    • Terrorcudas and luring bristlemouths inflict less damage
    The bulleted changes should all be on Test now, but you may need a fresh zone to see the changes.
  19. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

You added loot? /cries quietly in the corner
  20. Chrol Developer

Yes, because you cried loudly in your post.