Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs – 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 14, 2021.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Oceansfull is active on Test!

For generations, we othmir have been giving thanks to Prexus at this time of year for all he provides, above and beneath the waves. Know that if you find any of us celebrating along the oceans' edge, like Taffil in Antonica, Hana in Tranquil Sea, or Kisu in Eastern Wastes, you are welcome to join us. I'd also encourage you to search the waters nearby for evidence of his generosity.

New Features for '21!
    TLE servers
    • The event is active, with the following exception (due to expansion availability):
    • Oceansfull of Good Food
    Live servers
    • Clam Shell Game has 24 items (5 of which are brand new, and 12 have not been attainable since 2018!)
    • New Overseer quests
      • 3 new quests offered by Taffil in Antonica
    Returning Features:
    • in-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Oceansfull Celebrators are found dancing, and setting off fireworks along the coast in 11 different zones.
    • Clam Shell Game - Players open clam shells found off shore in areas of the world where Oceansfull Celebrators are found to obtain prizes.
    • Quests
      • Oceansfull of Good Food - Repeatable every year
      • To Shell and Back - Repeatable every year
      • Shell or High Water - Repeatable every year
      • Beach Party Brawl - Repeatable every year
    • Collections
      • Sacraments of the Deep

Any feedback submitted after 5/23/2021 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 06/04/2021 at 12:01 AM PT until 06/17/2021 at 11:59 PM PT on the live servers.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o my new stuff to test new stuff to see this snug in on us with all that's going on .
    But ok ( rolls up sleeves ) lets get testing :) :D .
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

HOO-DEE-HOO!!!! Thank you for this! :D

(And I'll bet anyone anything that Denmum'll have the list up before you can say "clam knife"! :D)

But...this's gonna be like the other recent years, isn't it...Oceansfull-then-Scorched-Sky-then-Tinkerfest-then... ;)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

So tell me. . . . Why is the Whirling Water basin NOT available anymore???
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/blink

It isn't?? OMG...that's the one thing besides the recipe book that needs to always be there! :eek:

Uwk
    Kattt, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

SO SAY WE ALL!!!
    I love that! Just because a few people didnt like it . . let them give them away or sell them on the broker but WE NEED IT BACK. (also are the Moving water recipes still going to drop? I dont have them on test)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yowza! :-/ Do you have any water-breathers on Test? I do, and can easily get you one -- well, easily get down to the shells for an indefinite period. ;-> Are they Heirloom? If they are, that's sad; think I have an extra one there. Maybe it's on another server; not sure. :-/

And yeah, big time, the Whirling Water is just way too useful to let die (not even going to mention the recipe book; that will ALWAYS be needed). :(

Uwk
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

To tackle a couple things:

Uwk - the writeup has been up since last night.
    Q - no, we have a new block set recipe this year, not the moving one. Since you don't have the recipe for the moving ones, if you need those blocks made on Test, you know who to ask. :)

Otter totems will be up in bulk on the broker on Test in a few minutes, if they're not already there. :D
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hugs Niami , thanks mom
    and what recipe do we have this time ? have not found one yet .
  10. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Its really pretty! I already got it on Aleane. BlueGreen marble. Really nice.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooh! Must check out pictures...

And yeah, Q, if you need Moving Water stuff on Test, I have that. :)

(Still something else we need back...recipe books should NEVER be pulled. >:-/)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Found the revamped link, Mum! Thanks for the pics; that marble does indeed look awesome! :D

But I still want the Moving Water recipe book back... :-/

Uwk
    Kattt and Breanna like this.
  13. Kattt Well-Known Member

I have returned to game about 5-6 months ago after an extended absence. Generally speaking I am VERY happy with most things I have returned to. I have very few complaints, to be honest. I love all the new items! I love how much more housing has, and I love so many new features. Love the wardrobe, and new AA's and SO many things! Love the new holidays of scorched sky and oceansfull! I also used to do some testing on test years back, though not as much as others here. When I do catch up enough on my main account, I will be returning to help on test.

With that said, I do have to mention the things I do not like, in hopes that if enough people do speak up, we can *hope* for change or improvement.
    For now, I will just mention 1 thing only, directly relating to the oceansfull event and its return this year.

For so many years now, since the beginning, anytime someone missed a holiday event, often times because many of us travel for holidays, or are with family, etc, and cannot be here, there was always chance to catch up the following year. After returning to game, I had/have SO much to look forward to, with upcoming events this year. One was oceansfull...which will be my first time doing, I was SO looking forward to the moving water spray blocks. The versatility is so great with making water tanks, special effects, and on and on. (I skinned an entire inside of house with these in special way and they look awesome.) Yes, I can have others make, (which I did, but was a burden) but do you know how daunting it is to ask a friend to make you so many of so many different blocks when you aren't sure what you need until the project is done? NO ONE likes to feel like a pest, and most everyone likes to feel self sufficient. But that is besides the point.
    The following year, for umpteen years now, we could ALWAYS count on recipes returning...period. Why change that now?

Now this one is not returning? I don't see the point to that other than leaving those of us that missed out, feeling like we are being penalized for missing the holiday event. And is it never to return? That's just well...not cool, if that's the case.
    Why change the formula you have gotten us used to now after all these years? There seems no logic in it.

Anyway, I am hoping you guys change your mind. I know I am not alone in this. Many others want it back. Please, bring back previous year items? I get that certain special things like Santa gifts change, I get that. But please keep recipes always coming back with the new ones added, as you have always done before.

Now let me end this on positive note...I LOVE the new building block set. Whoever designed this...its beautiful! The colors are almost glowing, and the blend is lovely. Nice work. =)
    I am looking forward to the event, and the new items, and participating in this *new to me* event. So thank you for all you do! I am so happy to be back.

Please, bring back old recipes? I am counting on that to get caught up. =)

Much gratitude,
    Ocarinah, Carynn, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So much +1,000,000,000 for that, Kattt; I'd love to see the Sundered Ground recipe book back on somewhere like the Loyalty Merchant or even the Marketplace for good. :-/

When it was first available, I was going through an extremely difficult time for me in RL, as well as not terribly impressed with the event or the rewards I'd heard about. I figured, hey, no worries, whatever li'l doodad or tchotchke I'd missed, I can always find later on the Loyalty Merchant, since it's a World Event. Imagine my surprise (not to mention fury, considering the circumstances) to find one of those "souvenirs" I'd missed was a RECIPE BOOK. Thankfully (?), it wasn't NO-TRADE, or HEIRLOOM or any of those other tags, and that there were enough people who didn't care about decorating (! :eek:) that they were willing to put it up on the Broker...for an exorbitant fee, of course. >:-/

It's since been made available after that, but only very temporarily.

If you want to show us you care about crafting (/pause_for_laughter), o DPG, bring us back our recipe books! :)

Uwk
    Kattt and Breanna like this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Welcome back, Kattt!

I am really glad that you've found so many things to enjoy and experience, making this such a great homecoming for you. You've definitely got some fun events awaiting you!

Oceansfull Festival is absolutely set up a bit differently than other events. Prexus' gifts (the items gathered from the giant clams) are rotated around a bit each year, with some items dropped and some new items added into the mix. This is intended, as it helps to keep the event from becoming overwhelming or making your chances of getting a particular item from the clam shells to ridiculous. (No one would want a drop chance of 1 in 50 for every individual item.) The good news is that no live event recipe is gone for ever, just as no particular gift item is. This year you have the chance to catch up on 19 items (12 of which have not been offered since 2018). I assure you, the other building block recipe will be back in the future!

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Finora, Kattt and 5 others like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Thanks! :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Kattt like this.
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I have sent feedback many many times asking that all holiday recipes and house items be fully tradeable. Get rid of no trade and heirloom for house items. I have brought up how so many of us are disabled and getting older which means more time away from game due to illness and hospital stays. I have also started asking that a special merchant be available so that after a couple years items are available for a little gold instead of special holiday currency. Most people don't have time any more to farm special currency. One of the reasons Beastr is becoming my favorite holiday. Night of the Dead is second since harvesting ponies bring back enough candy to buy enough of every new item.

It would be really cool if we could have a flag on account for holiday dropped recipes like moving water blocks. I would spend much more time on Test if it counted for the account flag. :)
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I agree on the free trade for recipes , on some toons I get 4 wile on others on different accounts I spend the whole event to maybe get one .
    This has to be a big problem for people who only have one account and who might be the unlucky kind .
    On the test server where we can buy just about any recipe.
    I think it would not be to far fetched to get those recipes , that have been around for a wile and than were put back into the vault in the tower of moon .
    That way you can put out new things and don't have to rotate the old ones back in so we don't have a candy tower situation ,
    where people revolt because they have 50 of them , wile those people who have non can get them .

That reminds me , could we maybe get the yeti from Frostfell as a drop from the named at the end of the gifty warehouse ?
  19. Kattt Well-Known Member

Thanks Kaitheel for letting me know! =) I definitely can understand about the need to rotate the items you get, and change year to year. I am guessing this is intended then, to be more like the gifts you get from Santa, somewhat. I can appreciate that. Since this is the case, might I make a few suggestions about recipes?

Perhaps the drop can be a recipe book voucher of some sort, to use to get various recipes at an Oceansfull vendor? Then you get choices of any of the books this event has/has had? Honestly, waiting several years to get a recipe for building structures seems daunting to say the least. For individual items, I can definitely see where you guys are coming from. Also it keeps them special. But most of us deco fans, see recipes for building blocks as an integral part of the places we build. It is the base of sorts. It is not like a particular flower, or book, snowglobe, or table would help us build a structure right? But building blocks do. If you could see what I am building now, you would see what I mean. It has taken dozens of dozens of these blocks, and having friends craft this many either makes us feel like a HUGE pest, or perhaps makes the person doing it for you annoyed, unless they are close friend. =P Most people don't mind crafting a few things, but stuff for an entire structure, even with mass production, is a bit of a stretch at times. If you have a vendor with all the base building blocks, and just drop a voucher, or a special token for any recipe off merchant, that might help with drop rates and still not leave us waiting, what...2-3 years for these recipes?

Another idea is to make the recipe you get from these shells, exchangeable with an npc for whichever of the oceansfull recipe books you choose. So it is like the above idea, but instead of adding in another graphic for a voucher or currency, you are just trading off, making the mechanics perhaps easier on your end? Sort of akin to trading your love notes for the barbarian one for eday. This way people can try multiple times to get the book they like, and trade in for another, but still have another chance for the new one, by not trading in that one. Follow what I mean?

Also, I see some other ideas above. Lets say people get the recipe more than once...is that possible? If they are tradeable, then they can sell one copy on the broker to people like me who missed it.

There must be another way to do this, make it not too complicated for you guys, and make life just a little easier for us deco fans who already juggle dozens, if not hundreds of items in our bags alone worth of stuff, not to mention the thousands of items we also shuffle around in storage and houses, etc. There must be some better way to do this, than to wait 2, 3, maybe more years for a basic structure ingredient, no? I am really hoping so.

For most of us, we see building blocks as a sort of separate entity from the individual items we decorate with. I can't speak for everyone of course, but as far as I go, I get that items need to be special and coveted, etc. I wanted those beautiful dragonscale tomes from an event I missed. It is purple...must have all the purple! But I missed the event, and it was special and rare. But the good news is, it is not like I will be building with it (most times lol) AND I can buy some off the broker if I am willing to shell out the high prices people ask. It was rare, but 1) not building blocks, so its not like I build with it, and 2) it is tradeable for those who have extra, and can trade/sell to those who might have missed.

Anyway, thank you for the warm welcome...its good to be back! =) I really hope you guys consider another way to do this. One last thing to think about, if you do keep making a new set each year (yippee, I am all for that.) Think how long the rotate schedule could eventually become, if you had new recipes each year for say 5 years? That might mean many of us could be waiting 5 years, 6, 7...and the number will keep going up. Can you see how this would not be practical to sustain with the increments? I'd go nuts waiting that long, as would my friends who try to help me with items I do not have. =P
    So, the vendor trade in, or recipe voucher would help us get what we need, and not make that rotate schedule so crazy.
    Just food for thought.

Looking forward to the rest of the year...especially tinkerfest and notd. =)
    Thanks for all you do...and all the rest of the team! You have made it a true pleasure to be back (and the community I love too!) =)
  20. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Yes. I don't understand how the recipes are non- tradeable. Since when was that a thing? Even the blocks themselves you cant trade unless you actually make them for that person? Not cool. You could at least drop the no trade in ALL recipes. No recipe should be no trade. I dont enjoy having a bank full of Moving water recieps that I have to destroy because I cant give them to someone less fortunate. Not even an alt for crying out loud. Come on guys. Use some logic here.