Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I love the chickens even though I am not a bird fan. One pecked me in the temple 48 years ago and I still have the scar.

I prefer furry or wooly things. Llamas would be awesome. Platypus, beaver, porcupine, raccoon, ferret, Giant Continental Rabbit, hedgehogs, et al. Who wouldn't want a bunny that can get to 3.5 stones or larger?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

As with dogs, different chicken breeds have different tempraments. Your standard Leghorn is aggressive, roosters are often aggressive. Smaller breeds such as most of the bantams or Aracuanas have much better manners and personalities. So do Dorkings.

You do have to remember, however, that chickens are just small velociraptors with pretty feathers. There's not much room in those tiny heads for much beyond food.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

(Forty-nine pound rabbits...? :eek:)

And yes, I completely agree, especially with the platypus! :D

Ohh, my, yes. We had, at one point, on our farm almost two dozen White Leghorn hens and almost a dozen Rhode Island Red hens (no roosters, but still plenty of white and brown eggs, respectively, often laid under every bush and shrub they could find). They were literally free-range from the moment my mom would open the coop and run doors in the morning 'til she put them in again at night, and they'd follow her around all over the place when she had gardening tools out to work in the orchard (they were smart enough to recognize those). ANYTHING that came across their path they could wrestle down their throats two falls out of three, they would: insects of all sorts, from literal NESTS of earwigs to potato bugs (about the size of my thumb, 2.5" long); lizards (major rugby game there, when they'd nab one), and a poor hapless mouse trying to wake up on a cold morning after a food coma in the Purina Chicken Chow dust in the feeder dish (Mom was about to scoop it up and chuck it out when one of the chickens emerged from the coop, wandered over, greeted Mom, saw the mouse, went: "Ooh! Breakfast! Cool! /NAB /hork hork hork /gulp :D" like a barn owl).

And yep, feathers are just fancy scales, literally. ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I saw a show about some man that made rose colored goggles for chickens or something because they will get blood lust and peck each other to death.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, our feeder dish thing was basically a round pan without a handle, like one that could make a deep-dish pizza of about a 2-ft. diameter. The "top" to it was a cone/pyramid thingee made of round bar stock about a millimeter or two in diameter, each, and there was enough room by the time it attached to its base to let one chicken at a time in each "lane" to eat, without "accidentally" nailing each other. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Are some of your chickens going to have Steampunk like googles so they don't peck each other to death? Can you design platypus and other critters like that? I know we have beaver in the game so I don't think platypus would be a stretch. I think otters would be nice too. We have Othmir and otters would be smaller relatives.

I am a critter person and you design such lovely stuff, I have purchased a lot of it. But I would love to see more critters, especially furry, scaleable critters!!!!
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eee, just take the current beaver plushie and stick a bigger-than-usual duck biill on it. Oh, and add some fur to the tail and streamline the head a wee bit:

[IMG]

They can burrow (shallowly) to make their dens as well as swim very well. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Yup, I agree. We need tons more critter PLUSHIES...we have way too many pets and not enough plushies. Pets fall through and don't stay put, which makes decorating with them a bit cumbersome. :D
  9. Lera Well-Known Member

Do we have platypodes in Norrath? And, if so, are there also wombats (which are almost as cute as cubes)?
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We should have wombats!! Maybe some type of possum as well.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, wombats are marsupials, rather than monotremes -- ah! Echidnas! :D

Or as my hubby referred to them whilst we were watching a documentary on monotremes on our honeymoon: "Look! A Russian hat!" (You had to be there; it was the tone of his voice...later on, when the narrator "revealed" the apparently surprising information that they actually swam well, Hubby's response to the TV: "Of course! Hats float! :)" Didn't stop giggling for a good 5-10 minutes...)

Uwk
  12. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

Sorry ive been out of town, just catching up. I would like more creatures. So far ive done Koi, Seahorse, Starfish , hummingbirds and now chickens which all made the cut, the former 4 already in game.

The thing you have to remember with making these is that they will be static so you wanna make animals that have multi-puprose decorations and look ok with no animation. seahorse and starfish usually hang around pretty still. Chickens move around a lot but do stand still a lot too so were all ok and hummingbirds flap so fast they look static.

Some creatures i have planned down the road...lobsters, i feel i can do some interesting color sets with them.
    I would like to make raccoons OR Tanuki..if i do Tanuki it will likely be part of the asian house set.

I can consider platypus if i can come up with good things to go with them.

Extinction wise...i still want to do some fossil sets...possible skeletal systems you can piece together and build your own ancient creature.

I want to do more sea life as well....deep sea life, i know people like aquariums...id like to see people build more deep undersea ancient cave areas. Some nautilus and trilobites would be fun.

If you have a list of creatures you like ..that are not too closely related to things already in game...compile a list.

heres the plushies i made in game already

http://eq2furniture.com/index.php?i...setype=&placement=&description=&date1=&date2=
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Your idea for the fossil sets is wonderful! I'd love to get some of those! :D

And as far as Tanuki go...er, are you going with the regular, RL critters, or the, ah, folkloric ones...? ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

chicccccccccccccccccccccccckens
  15. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

The ones that will make it past the committee
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

I love the seahorses. Need to get me some of those for my guild hall. I think I have all the other fishy stuff in there already. I have the tier 4 that has the big pond in it. One of the reasons I got it so I had a place to plop a lot of my fish.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think the thing I love the most about the seahorses (I have a set! :D) is their big googly eyed-stare, like "I cannot believe you did that, Human!" or whatever. They're either very naive or very judgemental. ;->

Uwk
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I like the sea life, but I am still more a furry person. If I had to choose an order of things, I would go:

1. furry
    2. sea/water
    3. feathered
    4. scaled (ewww)

I think that covers the gamut. I would even prefer plants between sea and feathered. Even plants that have human type characteristics. Thinking of the plants in Plants V Zombies and Plants V Zombies 2. They are so cute and have such personality. Not everything has to be realistic all the time, plants like this could go into NoTD for something like lab experiments.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

YES!!! One of my own "experiments" on the Public Test server was one of the very first "create a level 100 at start and get a token to 'unlock' them" bit, and she's a mad evil genius Necro Gnome. ;->

And Tailor, for those times when Igor just doesn't have the sewing chops for monster bits ("No, no, no! BLANKET stitch, not whip stitch! Gah, want something done right..."). ;->

Uwk
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Even Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors had personality.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.