This is perhaps an all time LOW for DB

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Katzandra, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Well, maybe not but it caught me off guard and made me angry as all get out.
    I go to do my daily tradeskill quest while drinking coffee and relaxing. TRADESKILL is SUPPOSED to be relaxing. I get the quest. Bridge Run. I have done essenses of hate -- easy enough. I zone in unsuspectingly and go afk. I come back and find a TIMER running. I have 7 minutes (out of 10 originally) to gather stuff, do a 4-5 minute combine (in really good crafting gear) and navigate the silly bridges. Okay I am not good enough to jump the black spots. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE RELAXING................. Of course I fail and have to get the quest again after I am ported out. Unfortunately I did not think to reset my zone and after I did yet another 4-5 minute combine with a 10 minute timer (yes I could burn potions but its a waste on daily quests)..... ANYHOW AFTER doing the combine I discover the easily accessed essences of hate are of course gone.... I get in a hurry to figure out how to get enough --- of course I fall off the bridge........... At least for take 3 I am going to reset the zone. THIS IS NOT FUN!!!!! Whoever thinks that trade skillers want to run races on bridges needs to be transferred to the adventuring team!
  2. Nelie Well-Known Member

I did the other version where its just the clouds but still, in that version you have no idea which section you get ported to, which portal you clicked on, and then the random chance you get ported to a patch where there is no shard to pick up. I failed this many times.

This is nearly impossible if you don't have the goblin gather harvesting buff on for the harvesting speed and some crafting gear to get a bountiful harvest every few nodes.

THEN the pathing sometime delays you to get to where you need to go. I thought I hated the Shard of Hate mission but this makes the Shard of Hate mission loveable.

I would say probably add like 3-5 minutes onto the quest to make it feel like you aren't super rushed. There was a few times where I finally got all 9 hate essences last second but failed because I didn't examine the defilc thing.
    Juraiya, suka, Kheldar and 2 others like this.
  3. Mathafern Well-Known Member

I did the jumpy version so no crafting needed. For the other version (portals) more time is needed or maybe only start the timer after the combine is complete. Overall I was pretty happy with the quest though because it is FAST -once you've done it 6 times you're going to be able to run it with your eyes closed. I much prefer this to shard of hate where I have to gather 300 items, and complete 4 long combines, all while dodging agro.
  4. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I had grown to like the quest BEFORE the timer.................... I hope all the TS quests don't have timers now...........
    I guess for folks that can jump the spaces without crafting the item ...... the timer is not a big deal........ But this is NOT a KEY quest. I don't do KEY QUESTS because timed events make me anxious and I do not play the game to increase anxiety. THIS IS A TRADESKILL QUEST. Trying to flush out our potions of progress and innovation I can see on a Signature timeline -- but NOT a DAILY!!!
    Juraiya, Febrith, suka and 5 others like this.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

The person(s) responsible for the trade skill timeline ARE the adventuring team.
    Kheldar, Lateana, Dude and 3 others like this.
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

SoH isn't rushed though. Pretty sure people would rather spend 15 minutes doing all that rather than gathering 50 shards, dodging aggro, and either playing guess which platform your hate shards are at or run along and hope you choose the right path and don't fall through the floor while still guessing where shards are in which direction. Oh, and doing all that in about 5 minutes or fail.
  7. Alch New Member

Took me 3 tries but finally completed it and lo and behold no update to the weekly quest after the Daily dinged.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

If there is a timer to doing something, I don't bother. I always run short by about 10 seconds trying to do stuff like that. So I don't bother at all.
    Juraiya, Febrith, ConcealFate and 5 others like this.
  9. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I didn't expect the timer. I know it is there now. As far as I can tell, the other tradeskill quests don't have timers. At least the one I picked up a few days ago didn't............I think these guys need to figure out what the appeal was for Tradeskillers in this game.... I don't think they get it.........
    I think I got an update for the weekly but I guess I should go check...........
    Juraiya, Febrith, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  10. Porrum Member

Per Chrol in Discord, next hotfix will fix the weekly missions not updating, change Hate mission to only require crafting the Arcane Ocularum, and the Molten Throne mission to only start its timer after crafting a Fragment of Ro (only for the Portals to Nowhere instance).

Per Caith, Next hotfix is currently scheduled next week.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Alittlerusty Member

I think this TS sig line was the one they had planned at the start but never actualy started .
    And gave some lame *** excuse that players would not find the one they were supposed to have made fun but never really started any .

So they trough some crap together and said here you go you will love this crap or don't do it , to bad so sad crafters.
    This game has gone down hill pass while not sure if its CN fault or devs just giving up .
    And milking what time they have left as being employed .
    suka, Mizgamer62, Kheldar and 3 others like this.
  12. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I was offered a new TS weekly on my main on Tuesday and I presumed the TS weekly was timed differently. It hasn't updated with dailies.
  13. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

I don't understand what gave you the idea that just because it's tradeskill you are supposed to not have some kind of obstacles to make you run around on an adventure game.. Really confused here
  14. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I don't see the issue, ignore the 2nd one. Can do it in half the time.
    I honestly don't see the point of the portal zone, was it added after? Was that how it was originally supposed to be?
    Who cares, just do the easy one .. it's the fastest and easiest of all the ts dailies.
  15. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I confirmed this with a second character on a different account. There is some kind of bug with the Tradeskill Weeklies. I suspect they are being given out sooner than they should be(?). Hopefully the ones given out on/after Thursday will update.
  16. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Re: Twinbladed

I don't mind running around in an adventure game. I have a fairly high end toon that I stay somewhat competitive with (raiding etc). I also have a lot of alts that I used to enjoy lolly gagging with. I do DIFFERENT things in the game for DIFFERENT reasons. I liked the tradeskill timeline this time, although the combines are ridiculously long. I just did NOT plan on doing a tradeskill daily quest with a timer. It broke up the tranquility of my morning....
    I know it has the timer now.
    This quest will appeal to the folks that can jump and have better eyes and motor skills than I do. But -- avoiding the crafting to do motor skills -- how tradeskillish is that?
    Juraiya, Febrith, Mizgamer62 and 5 others like this.
  17. Katzandra Well-Known Member

One last thought......... Putting a timer on this quest did NOT keep the fast jumpy people from finishing the quest in 5 minutes. What it DID do was make the quest unpleasant for folks that prefer crafting the item and doing it the "long way." So... nothing gained...........something lost. KUDOS!
    Juraiya, Febrith, ConcealFate and 8 others like this.
  18. Nelie Well-Known Member

I bet some people would have a major problem with a timer being on SoH...but would be perfectly okay with having a timer on this one.

I think some people are missing the point. SoH is easy to do too but it doesn't have a timer. Molten Throne is easy to do too but it does have a timer. SoH you don't feel rushed. MT you feel rushed because of the time limit and having to navigate carefully.

The other point being missed here is that the complaint really isn't about what the course is and what you have to do. It is that your are being rushed and trying to rush through this only frustrates players when they screw up (IE, falls off the bridge/platforms, dies to a roamer harvesting, overwhelmed when you dont know which path/portal to take to get to the hate essences).
    Juraiya, Tkia, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  19. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Yes.......I ended up doing 3 combines (over 4 minutes each) to do this quest that used to take one combine -- because if you fail you are booted to the Coliseum and you have to get the quest -- reset the zone -- and start over. If you don't reset the zone, any essences (the ones easiest to get to) that you harvested in the previous attempt -- are gone! I did get it done the "long way" in 10 minutes -- FINALLY. Anyhow, I am not a fan of the time limit.
    Febrith likes this.
  20. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Can't agree more. I CANNOT stand timed quests and thus avoid them like the plague. Nothing enjoyable about them at all.
    Juraiya, Febrith, Sambril and 5 others like this.