Class balance right now...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kielex, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Jhen Ro Active Member

Grass is always going to be greener on the other side.

And it's probably impossible to balance the classes when the potential spread of possible dps is so large. Factor in tithe, cast order, buffs, player skill, spell quality, etc, and any given class could potentially be mind-boggling - especially with ascension in the mix.

You want to talk lopsided - my former main's max magic hit is 16.9 billion. As a Channeler.

• Balance the classes to balance the top 10%, I would almost guarantee you throw the bottom 90% completely in the wind.
    • Balance the classes to balance the bottom 90%, I would almost guarantee you throw the top 10% completely in the wind.
    I imagine that's why they aren't throwing all the changes out at once - put some out, see how it interacts in unexpected ways, deal, repeat. That, mixed in with exp14 stuff too.

That said, I hope at least some of the larger issues currently at hand (Assassin VS Ranger being the one I've heard the most about lately) are addressed sooner than later. It's hard to play a class that you feel is ignored or snubbed - even if it really is or is not. It stinks to work to improve your character and feel like for every step forward, everyone else takes five. That's not fun. And no matter how many "I Hate Everything - Hair on Fire" type threads are posted, I just cannot be convinced that the developers are 'actively working to get the players to leave so they can close the doors' or the like, which I've heard more and more in recent weeks.

Summertime blues, maybe, I guess.
  2. Redlight Well-Known Member

Does this mean I wont be getting an attack Parrot?, DAMN IT!!
    Juraiya, Lagerale, Mathafern and 2 others like this.
  3. kluxor Well-Known Member

Typically this little saying refers to that we "think" or "perceive" the other side as being better.

In the case of assassin to ranger, coercers to Illusionist, Necro to Conj, swwsh to brigand, warden to fury, and dirge to troubadour the grass truly is greener
    VGScastaway and Mermut like this.
  4. Arieva Well-Known Member

Learn to mimic your own ascensions and problem at least partially solved right?
    Scrappyz likes this.
  5. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

There is no grass at all for poor channelers anywhere ! :(
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

their utility is fine. their damage is awful.
    Mathafern likes this.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

well necro has always done less dps than conju, necro's pet is less strong .. but necros have self rez and even if dirty have a rez and more utility than conjus.
    for coercers, mastermind is really strong, maybe they got less utility than illus and yes illus can reset their spells .. but don't forget it's once every 30 min to recast on self

now yes assassins struggle compared toranger's hawks .. swash struggle .. though I've seen good swashys ... warden and fury work .. if teammates have good gear and dirge needs to be rethought (his hate spell way less usefull than the dehate of the troub and AV and stuff)

but that because stuff went out of proportion ... it's because with ascensions and fervor ... DPS can do amazing amount of damage and if the tank doesn't have the spells at same level and the potency to go with it .. he'll struggle.

in a way ... DBG though to balance game with ascension ... but it messed things up even more actually :)

u then haven't met our coercer .. his damage is amazing. sure ascension are a part of it ... but he is on a good spot on the parse. so .... no their damage is good
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I've only seen a handful of coercers left; they seem to have all given over to Illusionists for the cloak. An even smaller percentage of them is decent. They can mana feed very well though. :) So that's a happy thought.
  9. Yannos Member

this so much .... SOOOO much
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Biggest problem with that is suddenly the class/toon somebody has been playing for years.. is now, potentially effectively a completely different toon :confused:
    Mercychalice likes this.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

doesn't mean changing them completly ...
  12. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Is it necessarily a bad thing? When we start to play EQ2 (or any other MMO so to say) we start the learning process and we supposed to get thrill of discovery, won't we? :)
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah I can adapt if at least the class becomes fun and has a purpose.

and if the class is well defined once again
  14. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I suppose it is a neverending process with ups and downs along the way. I can understand people who are 100% in end game raid thing. You don't want to have a character that contributes too little to the group of course. That's where community should step in and should send a clear message to developers, ideally.
  15. Stach Well-Known Member

thats if you paid DBG to increase your Ascension to as high as they can go, which I did not so, I still depend on others for DPS
  16. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

It all depends how big of a change it is, if I have to completely relearn how to play the class I've been playing since 2005 I won't be very happy about it.

*edit* especially if the class turns out much weaker than it was before.
    VGScastaway and Mermut like this.
  17. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

The way of upgrading does seriously need to be changed to be faster that's for sure. The mobs should be dropping upgrades like they do fertilizer at the very least.
    Malleria likes this.
  18. Revel Well-Known Member

Not true. Coercer is far superior on Mana Regen, which is important on fights like Setri Lureth. The only real advantage is the epic buffs. All class utility is pretty meaningless now.
  19. Azian Well-Known Member

...and cloak. Illies definitely won the lottery on that item.
  20. Kielex Well-Known Member

Essence of Malice.