New summer ethereals

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by knine, May 7, 2017.

1. knine Well-Known Member

Instead of new best in slot cloaks as the new ethereals, to replace what we were forced to do anyway, why don't you all introduce new ethereal belts (with fervor )to replace the fervor belts that everyone farms from the roost. Then we get to hang onto the tradeskill cloak and get a chance at replacing and upgrading to a new fervor belt, since fervor is one of those 4 most needed stats.
  2. Arieva Well-Known Member

I personally am excited at the prospect of a cloak and hopefully a reintroduction of class specific effects that were on class cloaks last xpac. I do seriously hope they rework effects for those classes that were lackluster or downright unwearable due to them causing lag.
    Xephane and Scrappyz like this.
  3. Pitta Active Member

How bout we wait till Tuesday to see what they come out with.
    Moorefallen, DoomDrake and Revanu like this.
  4. knine Well-Known Member

Meh because they already said the cloak will be replaced. Who knows, they may surprise us and put something in, but I doubt they've thought about replacing the fervor belt, especially since they want to introduce the new orange fervor runes... just my two cents.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  5. Revanu Well-Known Member

If mystic cloak doesn't have group bolster than i'm not interested.
  6. Vunder Well-Known Member

I refuse to participate in co-op to get the cloak.

So i don't give a care what they do. I think it's stupid to put BiS items in something so idiotic like co-ops. If that means I can't raid then Ill find another guild.
    Iglu likes this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Ok I am not in the top tier raiding guild but I'd say we are solid second tier (with flawless farming T3 and some experts zone on farm as well) from this perspective I definitely say - forget the cloaks - we have 20 resolve/22SDA/1.3k pot item which IS near BIS (ok Sarknak Vampire may be "slightly" better because you can infuse it) But what everyone now doing is
    a) farming roost for 16 fervor belt (which I am not sure that is better then 15 resolve -1.3k Pot belt Expert Swirling mist) for reason that at 30k+ Pot 16 fervor is superior even over 2k Pot gain
    b) farming turtle for chance of blood jewel and 5 fervor helm
    c) ****** psionists/Kraletus for psionist hat 3 fervor
    Saying that - instead of cloak I'd rather see ethereal belt with same 16 fervor but better resolve and 5 fervor helm with better resolve - I GUARANTY everyone will jump in to farm it
  8. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Where is it stated that the cloaks are coming from the co-op zones? Is that confirmed or is it a rumor/assumption? Kander's announcement had co-op zones and ethereal event starting at 2 different times (it's still too early for "summer" and co-op zones are starting in May).
  9. Vunder Well-Known Member

AMA logs
  10. Vunder Well-Known Member

According to Caith. 1 fervor = 100 potency
  11. Chimay Active Member

I think the ethereal cloak is a great idea. Now those that don't want or need to do the sig crafting timelines can get a BIS item. Crafting up to level 100 was a dumb enough time sink now at least you aren't forced to do the timelines.

I still question the stupidity of forcing people to craft for an epic item. A good many people I play with checked out of the game for that reason.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  12. Revanu Well-Known Member

Aren't all epic weapon timelines requiring lvl 100 crafter at 1 stage or another?
  13. Uncle Active Member

which AMA cause i dont remember seeing that tid bit
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

http://eq2wire.com/2017/04/26/everquest-ii-ask-me-anything-chat-logs-for-april-26-28-2017/3/

(links to chat logs for all AMAs here: https://forums.eq2wire.com/threads/everquest-ii-ask-me-anything-chat-logs-for-may-1st-2017.218971/ )
  15. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Yeah, I assumed he meant the Ethereal event, since the question specifically asked about it (that's why I included the question as well). If there was another reply about cloaks and co-op, I didn't find it in a quick search, maybe someone else has better luck.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  17. Revel Well-Known Member

Quite frankly its ridiculous no one knows whats going into a patch or content update until hours beforehand so no one can give any feedback.
    Iglu and Malleria like this.
  18. Heck62 Active Member

Why not another slot?
    Most of the Class cloaks were bad as far as the special buff was concerned,The ones that were good were off the chain.
  19. Fairin Active Member

he also said that 1=100 is oversimplified.

fervor is a multiplier that makes all your damage better. so 1% fervor with 4k crit bonus and 20k potency = 40cb 200pot - or 1% of your totals.

even this is oversimplified not account for ability mod, or other things. like overcaps and whatnot.
    Snikkety likes this.
  20. Kander Developer

Cloaks are not coming with the Proving Grounds [PvEvP - Co-op] They will be with the summer ethereals, starting probably some time end of June.