Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Question! Will your buddy whip up a new Quest Tracker for us for Brewday? I know the old one's still probably on Zam, but I'm not sure how recent that one is. :)

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And is it my imagination (finally got into Test! Gave up in despair, killed the install, tried it again, had only 711 Mb this time...still weird), or did we have a Bar of Brell outlet somewhere near Neriak last time? I'm only seeing The Commonlands and Timorous Deep as exits for my Evils. :(

Uwk
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

No they took that down years ago because the city fest is in the same place
    and yea it took me but 3 minutes to get into test
    its maybe underwhelming what we got with the collection but its something to do
    the new stuff you can buy and the crafting book are nice though
    I love the bridge and my had no idea the carpet makes you dance COOL :cool:.
    and the drunk people
    I will see or not see if I can find those shinnies non of my toons has those earrings or such yet .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

my Arasai warlock is Goth not emo. the arasai dance does not fit her.
    daicia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Linlainu Active Member

Would it be possible to add the *drunken slouch* type action to the house actors we already have in game possibly in the future?

I like the ones coming out for Brew Day but it would be nice to have a more personalized version.

And thank you for coming up with so much deliciousness this year!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cloudrat like this.
  6. brokenshieldd Active Member

Is there any way possible to be able to get the Shield that matches this Glacierbane Axe as a House item as well?
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I went out for the new shinnies and found them no special gear needed
    but I got to say there are not to many of them you got to wait for them to respawn if you don't find all the first time
    and it takes a wile for them to spawn again so with a busy server it could get hard for people to find them.
    and don't forget you need faction with Maldura , so you better did the frostfang quest or either the tradeskill quest or the adventure quest so you got faction with the city of Maldura , or those dwarfs will turn you into minced meat.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok after visiting all locations where you can find the new collectables I figured out that some shinnies are inside of buildings , and lots of booze to go around
    hiccup I sh going to haves a party hick ,hick, hiccup and yoush are all invited hiccup
    I don't feel so good :confused:

the crabs in one of the locations are not a big problem for a experienced low level harvester from Nagafen
    but good call to warn people.
    I had trouble to get to the Cobalt Scar location with a low level toon I don't even have a leaper yet.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and the way froglogs dance looks cute :D
    and I tried not to say to much about where those places are
    and on the regular servers I have high level crafters and adventures and collectables are tradable
    so I shall get more to give to my low level toons
    on the test server I don't have high level anything yet and the idea was to figure out how doable the collection is even for a bad equipped low level and I was able to complete my collection
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It is definitely easier to get to a couple of the spots if you're a high level adventurer or crafter (to unlock the Scarstone bell via questing, etc.) And yes, there tend to be shinies both inside and outside the building in Cardin Ward, for example.

There are only 2 different shinies per location, plus the booze, so it can take a round or two for you to get everything. I found the respawn time to be decent, so you may have been missing some spots. (As a high end crafter, I used track harvestables a time or two).
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

She might. She usually pings me on facebook when she is done making one for her own use, so I can host a copy and share it with folks. I'll know closer to release date if she's got the time to do one.
  12. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

The need for maldura faction and no way to get it for a lot of people, is very disconcerting. I also found that when I logged in a lowbie non crafter she wasn't able to see the new shinies until after she completed the first shiny collection Brews Across Norrath.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Aha! Good catch. I haven't run any lowbies through yet.
  14. Test Taffies Active Member

Ok, I went through most of the brewday quests on a alt, a Necro, Arasai and she is level 92. She is not able to get the "Deep into Hammerfield Quest." the quest giver, is visible, when hailed she responds but the character is not able to get the quest. I think I bugged this last year with the same character, in game. I will petition and bug again this year. I looked to see if I could find the quest in her journal, sorted by name but I found nothing. I could not find it. In an attempt to try entering the zone, just in case I missed it. I found that I was unable to click the 'stone rubble' where the quest is and so I really do not believe that I have the quest. Another character, same account was able to get the quest and complete it. So I am unsure. But I cannot finish the quest and the achievement because of this.
  15. Test Taffies Active Member

UPDATE: verified the 'patch' - 'system files', and made sure I clicked all the rubble (found out it was one piece of rubble and not the whole big pile of rubble, like many other quests are.)
  16. YliYli Member

Nevermind WoW. I'd like to see some SWG dances. /exotic4 anyone? ;)
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Agh! I'll definitely investigate this tomorrow. Who is the quest giver, and what does she say to you? (This should help me find what step of her hail is wrong.)

~ Kaitheel
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yup just tried it to find those shinnies on a toon I did not have for last brew day and who did not complete the first collection , shure enough she cant see the ?
    I think that's quite all right that it should be a condition that you have the first collection before you can find the second.
    It just needs to be announced either in game or on wiki

O and about the dance I played a game where the characters could chose between 3 dances and one was gundem stile lol
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok I tried out the worsted case scenario
    A level 13 character , no mount, no guild ,no Maldura faction
    the 2 collectibles in Maldura are out of the question
    the one in Obol Plaines is murder
    only ones without problems is Phantom seas , and Cobalt Scar
    if you are in a guild you cant use the bell from there to get to Cobolt Scar.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Well, considering that I was able to investigate this before you were able to answer, I may be off, so please correct me if I am wrong, but I suspect that you have not yet completed "Black Swill for Blackswell.” This quest is offered by Tellar Blackswell in Bar of Brell.

After you complete it, "Deep Within Hammerhall" will be offered to you by Steinsister Daglara in Butcherblock Mountains.

~ Kaitheel