Server Merge Questions:

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gramma, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Tiras,

You can't use creation date whatsoever, because like I already pointed out, Freeport Server didn't even go up until November, 2010, whereas a server like Permafrost, also being merged with it, launched with the game in November, 2004. Nagafen, also in this particular merger, didn't launch until February, 2006.

Points like this make all character creation dates null and void.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

Producer's Letter: August 2015 Updates

Because of that and similar posts I've read about transferred accounts losing items. I'm going to screenshot things and try and inventory everything. I've read conflicting things about where is the safest place to put items.
    Siren likes this.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

And I say it doesn't. It still has to be one of the things they look at when making the new rules for name retention.
  4. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I guess this comes under the heading of be careful what you wish for. You all wanted these mergers and now we all get screwed. Thanks.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

I couldn't help but think this myself when I heard the FFA name grab news, lol. However, I don't think Daybreak really has much of a choice: They canned practically their whole CM/GM staff at Columbus Nova's behest, remember? They don't have any sort of staff left to weed through names, accounts, or much of anything to sort out a problem this big.

Satellite countries like NA often merge their Korean MMOs this way, too, though. FFA name grabs are nothing new.
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

No matter what DB does some of us are going to lose out. That's one of the hazards of a server merge.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

In previous server merges the name keeping based on time-played, etc wasn't done by hand, it was done by script/code....
    Belenos likes this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

There are bound to be tons of petitions, though. There always are.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

No matter what happens, there are always petitions after server merges. Not all (or probably even mostly) about names.
  10. IZELLIA Member

I have not seen any response from our dev's since Aug 4th and 5th regarding the name and consolidation. There has been nothing but the announcement, player questions and silence. Because of the silence, fear and anger brews among the players, and every day it grows. Come on, you have to know this. I've read player warnings, past experience history and recommended precautions, all of which are freaking me totally out. I've played and paid for over 10 years, accumulated many hall of fames, many houses, many alts, many dungeons full of items and have spent many dollars on station cash items. We are six days from the end of the month. We need instructions on what to do to ready ourselves and what to do when we log in for the first time on the new server. We need some kind of feed back, at the very least we are due that, a small common courtesy is all most are asking for.
    amarisa, GrunEQ, Belenos and 2 others like this.
  11. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

Why should people who buy DBC get penalized over people who buy Krono? If money is going to rule then it should be who has the most actual sub time accumulated + who has purchased the most DBC.

This is why a pure first come first serve is the most fair. Everything else is "fair" only in that it gives some people an advantage they feel entitled to.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

By the way, we also need to know for sure which things to pack up and which will come along automatically.

I suspect Shared Banks and Brokers including all coins, and also mail will all have to be emptied out or lost forever.

Does housing stuff all have to be packed into the moving crate for each house too? And housing templates saved? (How do you do that? I forget!)
    IZELLIA likes this.
  13. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

From a purely business standpoint, DBG should award a contested name to the account that has stuffed the most cash into their coffers. Reward the folks who have made the bigger impact to their bottom line.
    IZELLIA likes this.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

well, we can't control anything. all we can do is wish and hope that they take into account who pays the bills- i.e. paying customers who have been here a long time. they seem intent on shooting themselves in both feet and we can't stop them. but if they would just let me know how long i have to prepare for this i would be happier.
    amarisa likes this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

In the past, mail and broker has needed to be cleared. Shared bank did not.
  16. Melkior Well-Known Member

Just my casual observation. Most people that post the way they think it should be done, seem to be motivated by the fact that's the system that would allow them to keep their name. I personally for example don't like first come first serve, as I will likely be at work for hours the day the servers come up for the first time, and I've played and subbed since 1 month after launch. (and most but not all of my toons were created around that time) And while I would hate to give up my names, the servers need to be merged for the health of the game. So if I lose out, so be it. I won't like it really, but it's better than the alternative.
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

How about housing, do we pack everything back into the moving crate (isn't that what it's there for)? And how do you template your housing setups?

I already removed all my broker, mail and shared bank too just in case.
    IZELLIA likes this.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

No need to pack houses or do anything with house vaults. Dungeon Maker didn't exist when the last merges happened, so not positive about those, but they SHOULD transfer... in theory....
    Torvaldr likes this.
  19. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Never had to do any of that crap on the last 2 merges. That's just for transferring one character on your account from one server to another.

All you have to do is...NOTHING.
    Finora and IZELLIA like this.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

just go to the house, open the house window, and hit save. it is the first button on the house. then you name the template and hit ok. that saves it. but don't put your stuff in the crate. the crate often gets left behind for some reason
    IZELLIA likes this.