What's In YOUR Mercenary Crate?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 1, 2015.

1. Spindle Well-Known Member

After you purchase the token when do you find out if it is common, uncommon, etc. and where is the back story for each merc they keep mentioning in the video? Yeah, kinda dumb questions but I got kinda glassy eye-ed reading the pages and watching the video. Thanks for answers in advance )
    Kittybock likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

All the merc tokens looted from instances are completely tradeable... I can't imagine that the NO-TRADE tag is due to a game/code limitation
  3. abrakadabra New Member

When I started playing EQ2 I joined a guild with 107 members, now there are as of today only 4 left. 23 left when DB announced fees for this, that and who knows what next. Especially statements like "a hefty sum of SP" geez, my lowliest toon has 17 million SP in his pocket
  4. Aislynn Member

A randomized mercenary crate, where the mercs are no-trade? I think I'll join the ranks of those passing on this "opportunity" and stick to spending my SC on specific, wanted items.
    Blade Parker, Pipsissiwa and Belenos like this.
  5. Noctifer New Member

Need to fix Priestess Clodae Cer'Ule : it is bugged with Archon Maia, preventing recruiting her.
    Opened up a ticket : reference number for follow up: #150505-000095[IMG]
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  6. Snivel Member

Is anyone able to confirm that the Status Points returned also gives your Guild the usual 10% bonus to Guild status points?

Thanks in advance.
  7. Noctifer New Member

8. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

I have not purchased the mercs myself, but others have mentioned you can tell how rare they are by the amount of status you would get from trying to sell the coin. I have heard common goes for 1 mil, uncommon 3mil and rare 6 mil. Eq2 Zam has started a table of them and how much status they will give, as well as how rare they are: http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Mercenaries_(EQ2) The ultra rare is a fallen paladin.

As for back stories, I think you can find that out from just talking to the mercs (like you can now before hiring any of the mercs in home cities and the dens). I wonder if you could talk to them in the Rogues Gallery (via a door in the merc den in Freeport or Qeynos) before buying any tokens if you are curious about the back story. Hope this helps!
    Spindle likes this.
  9. Loendar Member

So - I decided to purchase one last night in the hopes of getting the 'rare' Inqy merc. I don't REALLY need it, but figured it might be nice to bust out on occasion for an Adv. Solo or some such. In any event, I got the 'ultra rare' fallen Paladin. While this would normally be a reason to be happy - I am a Guardian and have no use for the Paladin. However my wizard on the same account would love to have the tank. So - here's to hoping they at least make these things heirloom to pass between characters on the same account (I'm holding the token currently). There is zero reason not to - it certainly won't drive sales as I won't be purchasing another one if that part doesn't change.

Right now I'm stuck either claiming it and never using it or using it as a means to buy 10 mil status for the $8.00. Neither option appeals to me.
    Wirewhisker, Belenos and Kittybock like this.
  10. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Daybreak, as many others have said, please consider making the merc tokens from these crates heirloom. I know that I would be willing to purchase some if I was able to split the doubles between my alts.

I would also be happy if these new mercs were listed separately so we could pick and choose which ones we want to buy. I am willing to bet this option would make you guys a ton of money.
    Aislynn and Belenos like this.
  11. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Actually, I broke down and bought an Inq merc....for silly Kitty reasons I'd either wanted the little Kromzek or Maia, given I could not really find stats online. Kitty luck held and I got my little Kromzek.

As others have listed though, given I was purchasing this on my zerker and not on my Wiz, I can see where those that get the ultra rare would be hoping for Heirloom. If I'd have gotten the Fallen Pally, while cool, I'd rather pair that up w/ Kittybock (mage). Mounts we purchase from Marketplace are heirloom, I'd really like to see at least the tokens be heirloom, then trade it to the toon for which it's applicable and we can buy another, if we want to continue with the merc lotto.

Kitty
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

I'll pass on this. Don't particularly care for the gambling aspect of these crates. Another strike against DBG for the direction they seem to be taking this game. :/
    Blade Parker likes this.
  13. Losadunai Active Member

Anyone else notice the price to unlock the Hire Anywhere for a merc is now 134 "DGC" instead of 100 SC?

Yep.

(Found Matri Dut last night and wanted to have Vittia be hire anywhere so I could test her out - the price change made me cluck my tongue.)
  14. Colm Active Member

It's been 134-135 for pretty much ever. Your 10% all access goes towards it, so even if it had ever been lower, it wouldn't have been 100.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  15. Losadunai Active Member

I could have sworn when I used it on my other toon, it was only 100. Ah well, if that's the case, then such is life >.<
  16. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Really hate these 'gambling' things in games - I'd be gambling real money on a tiny chance of getting something useful, which I then can't pass to another toon either - No Way.

At least with RL stuff like this (Eg: my own little vice despite being 43 - Lego Minifigs) you can spend ages feeling the bags in the shop to increase your chance of getting what you want, and you can sell them on if you're so inclined. I just have a small army of people in pig suits gathered before I got the hang of bag feeling, but that's my own problem :)
  17. Brennin Active Member

I mentioned getting "Veldra Kradane, The Lost" as my inquisitor merc.

Just noticed this in my Spell Effects list.

Veldra's Tenacity VII
    • Increases Multi Attack Chance of group members (AE) by 46.7
    • Increases Max Health of group members (AE) by 1792.8

My pally is only 96th level so I don't know if she'll get an upgrade sometime between now and 100th.
    Spindle likes this.
  18. Jumjumbandito Active Member

When these go heirloom, I will purchase. Otherwise, 799 is way to steep. Hell, I'd rather roll the dice on the old goblin games. At least ai had a chance to research potions, race armor, or that lion mount thingie.
    Aislynn likes this.
  19. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Why? Let her tank for you and go DPS. She can rez and heal, as well. Sure, she's not a full on healer, but when she slaps amends on you you likely won't need heals and can DPS your heart away.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  20. Loendar Member

I don't DPS - my DPS sucks as I haven't taken anything but tank gear - so even in offensive it sucks. I am much better served tanking myself (as, well, I'm a raid-geared tank) and bringing a Merc for DPS if I need one than being poor-man's DPS.

My Wizard would fare far better with this merc than I would.