Server move poll on Antonia Bayle

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Hahahaha, I think this is my favorite post from this whole thread. :p Three cheers!
    Wirewhisker, Dequi and Trasor like this.
  2. Havox New Member

yep
    Dequi likes this.
  3. Liliun Member

I have to agree with the majority here that the answer is not to move people from AB, but do a server merge. The idea of one giant server is appealing also, but I have to admit I do not know of how big of a technical undertaking that would be. If the cost of creating one giant server, or one PVP and one PVE, is too much, I guess the next best scenario would be a server merge. Not just two servers combined though, take those nine low population servers and merge three, four, or five together. I think this is one of the best games out there when it comes to content and community, but those of us who have been hanging on hoping that next expansion will bring everyone back are finding it harder and harder to wait around.
    Seefar, Dequi, Zeffran and 5 others like this.
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Nah, a dozen toons doing Nebulous Newsies can probably level a guild in about 30 minutes :)
    Dequi and Laiina like this.
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

Yep...the only reason to send out a PUG request is to pick up an extra person on ocassion....I remember back in the day when LFG was hopping on Perma and you never had to wait long to find a group or advertize long to fill a group....I see Uncle posting LFG from time to time. On Perma if you aren't in an active guild running regular groups you can pretty much kiss grouping goodbye.
  6. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

At least Splitpaw doesn't have the plat spammers ;)
  7. Arabella Precari New Member

I think those numbers may be low, even ;)

Not all RPers keep to themselves, and definitely not all for the same reasons, so that's a pretty general comment there Kelvmor. Many festivals, activities and roleplay venues are advertised specifically so people can come and join in the fun!
    Seefar likes this.
  8. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I find this proposal a bit surprising as the tendency on my server has been for folks to move TO Antonia Bayle with the expectation of more opportunities for grouping on the higher populated server...............
    Dequi likes this.
  9. Ratza Well-Known Member

Only if your toons haven't already done it.
  10. Baphmistra Active Member

This doesn't sound like a great idea to me, but it's not the worst idea I've heard. You might offer 100 SC to entice people to move from one server to the next. Or include free Guild hall mobility, so that the leaders of the guild hall can move either move the hall, or just stay put. Thankfully I'm not on AB, but since I"m on Freeport, I suspect this is coming to us next. "Forced relocation has always made the darkest chapters in humanities history..." I know Star Trek quotes on a fairy tale game, but it still applies here. As to the worst idea, there have been 2 bad ones in this game, no more double SC for free to play, and the day you lot changed the SC amount from $15.00 to $20.00. I had no problem with the occasional $15.00, but that $5.00 more just isn't easy for me to come up with. I keep looking at this and the more I do the more it sounds like I'm being grumpier with every post. Please give me something I can make a good comment about, I really like playing the game!:D
    Seefar likes this.
  11. Uncle Active Member

I don't post for group I post for the wonderful decorating party's the decorators have and even those are dying down...SCRAP THIS HORSESH*T IDEA AND MERGE THE SERVERS ALREADY

Uncle
    Decorator of permafrost
    Kraeref and Dequi like this.
  12. pzpz Active Member

I'm pretty curious what the rationale is behind this even being on the table.

What problem was this supposed to be a solution to?
    Dequi likes this.
  13. Baphmistra Active Member

Wanted to ask one more question, what hour are you people getting this:
    [IMG]
    Try it on a Sunday, or some other holiday weekend, then I might be more impressed with this pic.
  14. Laiina Well-Known Member

Despite all the negative comments, from a few people that I talk to on AB, there will be some willing to move - not a lot, but perhaps 10-15%. I think that really the biggest single hang up is not being able to move a guild, but I can understand how that might be a nightmare in coding and data issues (partly because so many guilds have tons of characters that have not logged for months or years).

I am on a low pop server (Oasis), and I like it here. While a high pop server like AB has some obvious advantages for grouping, there are some downsides also. One Conjy mentioned that there are so many summoners in their guild that they do a /ran 100 to see which of the 10 or so will fill the 1 or 2 slots available.
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I moved two toons from AB to Everfrost... AB was both too crowded and I didn't have friends to do stuff with there. I LOVE Everfrost - I'm in a great guild and have lots of friends. I still have toons on Unrest and Freeport - would move them to Everfrost if I could do it for free. ;)
  16. Losadunai Active Member

I picked one that wasn't yellow - but am trying to remember exactly why beyond I don't like crowds and don't like competition. I went for one that sounded like a nice spot to learn the game. And it has been. People keep talking about AB being stuffed to the gills and I don't get it - having played other games that were truly crowded. But then I haven't been high end contested raiding in EQ2, so maybe I just don't know.

Anyway, point being - a lot of new players would pick a slower server to become acclimated to the game. I've seen a couple on Oasis in the past few months *snicker* That sounds funny - only a couple- not much, I know.
    Belenos likes this.
  17. Raff Well-Known Member

I really don't perceive AB as being "stuffed to the gills". I play mostly weekends and bit in NA prime evenings.

Healthy population in the upper levels...but levels 20-85 are pretty empty.
    Dequi, Mizgamer62 and Losadunai like this.
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

I'd never move to a lower pop server though
  19. Zookeeper Active Member

I am wondering if entire low-pop servers that are doing OK, (other than some players who want larger groups)..are transfered to AB, would that adversely affect AB? Would they be then be over-populated?

Many people do not want to transfer to another server. Would those people get a choice of being able to stay on the server that they are currently on? Low pop doesn't bother some, who group with friends or guildies, harvest, and craft, and may do dungeons, but they are not interested in End-Game, because they prefer to enjoy the game continually without seeking the pinnacle of Uber Player designation.
    Being low-pop atm does not mean that that condition will remain forever. New people enter the game and make a random choice of what server to be on unless they know someone on a particular server.
    If someone is not interested in End-Game content, or raiding, there is no real reason to move and possibly lose what you already have.

If low pop demands a server move, instead of moving people to AB, why not merge two low-pop servers...as long as the guilds and guild content and intact housing are incorporated into the new arrangement. If you lose your guild (level and content), there will be a lot more people disgruntled than those who want more action.

Or. Make one server a PVP/Dungeon/Raid server, and offer those who want to move to it free moves for all of their characters by a designated date. After that date, they would have to purchase transfer tokens for each character they wanted to move to that server, or simply make new characters there and either delete, or keep, their old characters
    where they originated.

On the flip side, offer all players currently on a server free transfers to other servers of their choice, including their house copy. Guild members who wish to leave their guild to play on the PvP/Dungeon/Raid server would be able to /gquit and join a new guild after transfer.

The housing and guilds are all instanced, and I'm pretty sure the entire building and contents can be saved to file and placed in another area at the discretion of the devs.
    Prissetta, Belenos and Moonpanther like this.
  20. Enoa Member

This is a terrible idea. it will not work. Merge the non-AB servers.. or better yet make a megaserver.

This is a MMO ... the more the merrier.

Fix the lag... whatever mechanics that have been introduced in the past 2-3 years that have contribute to it change them. Flurry, AE auto, procs whatever .. start fixing it
    Dequi likes this.