Beta Test This Weekend and Earn a Mount!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Roshen, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiarra New Member

my toon didn't copy correctly. I can't get past loading zones. it goes unresponsive. can't submit a /bug since I can't get into game..
  2. suka Well-Known Member

i feel badly for people who can't get into beta. wish i could help you. i know you wanted to enjoy the feeling of being able to help. hopefully whatever the problem is for you, it will get fixed. not sure what is causing your problem but maybe someone with more technical knowledge than me can help you figure it out.
  3. Keiarra New Member

I'm having the same issue. I get to Loading zone and it goes unreseponsive. the one time I did get to the courtyard, the toon was wrong and invisible.
  4. Sucuri Active Member

How to get the Sokokar - 250 mobs dead achievement!

Grey mobs give credit as well as ones that con.

Fastest way so far is to mentor down 5-10 levels above the mobs, agro everthing in sight, AOE your heart out.

At the moment, Timmerous Deep, Frostfang Sea, Darklight Woods, Obol Plains, Greater Faydark, Thundering Steeps, Sinking Sands, are working
    (please note, not every single mob works, but these zones do have credit!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zones that did work, but are no longer working - Moors of Ykesha, Nektulos, Feerott, Kylong Plains, Commonlands, Pillar of Flames, Butcerblock Mountains, Enchanted Lands, Rivervale

The counter can be found under J (journal) - Achievements - Promotions
    (make sure you click on the achievement to see the counter should look like 0/250 new)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where I grinded out 27 sokokars in a very fast amount of time.... You do not need to mentor, the mobs are non agro anyways. If you head to this spot, and other people are there GROUP UP YOU GAIN NOTHING FROM STEALING EACH OTHERS MOBS!!!!!!!!

That being said, head to Timmerous Deep, if you haven't been there before, it is on the world globe, Kunkark conentant (you know kylong plains, and all that). You then want to hop on the griffon tower, take a tip over to mok rent, take that one to the next station to the east, this is going to pop you into the starting area (I skipped all of this running around because when I beta copy over my characters are gorowyn residents and in a guild hall, which spits you out right next to the starting area). You will see blue aviak and crabs all over the shore near the level 1 starting NPC, and up the coast, there is also a pack on the rocks, and another pack just above those. You only need the ones with the crabs though, it is 3X the mobs. All of these mobs almost instantly repop. A group can eaily do the shoreline, and another one the 2 rocks.

Once again, group up with each other, even with the fast repops all you are going to do is screw up the spawns and slow everyone down, including yourself!! If you find yourself alone there, go nuts :D I found the Wizard class the most rewarding for AoE, 1 ability hits a HUGE area, and fast reuse timer

Enjoy
    (going to bed myself now, night all)

(sorry for re posting so many times, 35 mins editing limit is stupid :p )
  5. Nylara New Member

I did have my achievement counter stall after zoning, but exiting the game and logging back got it moving again.

My /copy worked, except for a couple UI things, my hotbars and bags needed to be set. I had no problems zoning in and out of my house and moving/placing picking up my house items. The broker also seemed to function fine.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

3rd times a charm getting my character copied with most housing intact it seems. However, the houses that I zoned into on the previous copy of the character remained empty. I'm not at all sure this would be a problem in anything other than copying characters, but maybe after this beta it would be time for a wipe, in the past it's seemed like there were less issues with copies when the beta server had been wiped since the last beta. :)

Zoning in and out of housing seems to be very slow, even in houses with less than 100 items inside.

This being an extremely busy weekend for me, I didn't really get to do much with lockout timers, however the timers for the mushroom rings I did last month seem to be counting down correctly on beta like they are on live.

I would like to have tested the broker more thoroughly but nothing from my broker on live copied, including all my sales containers. I did purchase one bag from the broker and was able to list some items, so other than things not copying it seems to be working.
  7. Naramsin Well-Known Member

So far, I havent seen any CM get on and explain anything. It is more than obvious simple functions of the Beta server timer does not work in some zones. When is a CM or other representative going to get on and give us some kind of update. I also agree that the offer should be extended by at least 24 hours, considering alot of people had the same recurring problem in many zones. Please Daybreak, do not leave your customers the feeling that they have been let down, as some feel that they have so far!
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

I was able to copy over and get the mount for 25 of my toons. One poor toon, however, simply refused to copy over. I am assuming it is her name that is causing the issue. Why this game doesn't like the name, Mariam, is beyond me. It is a perfectly decent biblical name and she is an upstanding little rat who works hard. She is crushed that she is the only toon not to get a sokokar.

The amusing part is the notice to contact customer service during the weekend if we have problems copying a toon. I've never reached them on a weekend since playing EQ.

I have to say I was floored by the number of people who refused to group as if it would be stealing something away from them. While I am sure this has happened on Test, on occasion, I noticed most of the players, refusing to group, all had high-level equipment that usually comes from raiding.

I feel bad that some people didn't get to play due to copying or loading issues. I've been there and I know it is really frustrating being left out (just ask Mariam).

I want to thank all who did join up to since there was a definite lack of mobs to kill and we were tripping over one another trying to get our kills recorded.

I also want to thank those that shared their information on how to get the sokokar and where to find mobs to kill. You all are one of the reasons I love to play this game.
    Xillean, Charlice and Naramsin like this.
  9. I_Like_Passing_Wind New Member

OK, final report from my side of this.

I finally gave up. Never got it working after the initial run of 105 kills. After that, there was the patch that sent me invis, and after using most every suggested fix, it is still broke. No biggie--I hope at least my little slice of chaos helped the devs find a buggie or two.

Wife got on, and with a clean system did all the steps to enter the beta. She came in hot off the press with the invis bug. She did the full delete/re-download (which killed our bandwidth in-house for a while :eek: ). She got right in to a functioning beta. But, five kills and...counter stopped. Which was a shame. I play enough that I think I have the Marshmallow Peep mount somewhere in my inventory. This would have been a new mount for her, though. Disappointing. But, overall, we hope we at least added to the stress test. We can honestly say it added to ours. :cool:

I will add one last point--check out your "alertlog.txt" file in your normal game, then in the beta folder. The beta was filled with various "resources not found" errors. I'm telling ya, I think there is a pointer messed up--maybe in the compiler. It just wasn't being shown where to find the resources for some of us.
  10. baconlettuceandtomato Active Member

I was surprised to find the mount is level 95, not 85. It looks like tradeskill or exp level will do, since I examined the claim reward window from a level 95 tradeskiller that's level 80 exp and the level requirement showed green 95 instead of red.
  11. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

We will be lucky indeed to see a CM anytime soon. That is one area that has been cut back along with GM's.
    may want to check this out http://massivelyop.net you will have to search for Daybreak on the site because I am not allowed to post the link directly to the articles posted on this site.regarding Daybreak.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

recopy a toon that you did the achievement on and redo it for little Miriam
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

cant get into game on the character I made in Beta.
    all other ones work just fine but my toon I created in Beta wont enter the game she keeps on going back to character selection
  14. Peace Member

Well, did try , repeatedly to log into Beta. Using a HP Envy, windows 8 (not 8.1), and kept getting frozen logging in. Downloaded the full file, and finally managed to get the courtyard, and go from there. After repeated tries, with three different characters, never got past the initial log in of the character, kept bogging down and freezing. Can only say, two characters that were in a guild hall and two room gorowyn house, were both booted to their respective cities. The commonlands t3 booted my character to Freeport. after that, though, could not even move. So, not sure if it was the beta copy itself, or the computer simply bogging down with it, will have to try again later with it and test.
  15. Skeezixs New Member

I cannot get past creating a world on log in, it has the dino in the bottom and say 305.0kb and then freezes. have tried many times, even restarted the computer. Swapped back over to normal login and it was fine. please advise.
  16. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Copy one of your other toons a second time and do the achievement with again Mariam can then /claim the bundle on live. You can even do the achevement a few extra times to stockpile some sokokar for new alts since the bundles are HEIRLOOM.
  17. xkrisx Well-Known Member

It took me all weekend to finaly make it into Beta and sadly could not complete the Achievement as it would not update the kills. However, my frustration came from the inability to play for the first 2 days. I copied 3 of my characters over and used my old Beta Download from expansion beta and when I logged into game, I had no NPC's / PC's or my own character on the screen. Everything was blank except for the land scape. I figured it was a bad .pak or something so I started over. I logged out, deleted my Beta Folder and made a complete copy of my EQ2 Directory into the Beta Folder again. I was able to log in after a short patch and still the exact same issue. No NPC's / PC's / Characters and the lag, OMG the lag. As long as I didn't try to move or type or do anyting, I was running 120+ FPS.. move or try to type and it would plumet to 1 or 2 FPS. So, as a last ditch effort, I deleted everything and redownloaded the Beta Folder as a full download. 16GB Later, I was able to log in and low and behold... same issue. I couldn't even create a new character.

So, here I was, unable to beta test or play the game in beta. I jumped into Team Speak and was bit**ing about it when someone said to try and delete the Beta Copies of my characters and try again. Wouldn't ya know, as soon as I deleted the copies of my toons and reclogged the game, everything started working. I had to create a new lvl 1 character and all but it worked. Now it is Monday and I cannot complete the quest but atleast I fixed one problem :( lol.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

i fixed my ui but copying my toon's ui to the beta older. it was something like butcherblock_fyuri_ui. I removed butcherblock from the name and put beta. it worked great
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I said it before I say it again try to do a full download of Beta it worked wonders for me
    my hot bars where all mixed up took me a wile to put my abilities back where I put them but if that's all
    I went into 2 of my prestige homes and normal ones did some decorating all worked good
    I made a new toon on Beta and yesterday it all went just fine did quests killing about 200 mobs
    got a house and put some stuff down but today I cant get back into the game to finish the achievement sad ratty :(
  20. suka Well-Known Member

i've been in and out of the server several times on two accounts this morning. i did find that after copying several times my copy began to mess up, putting a level 100 toon at level 5. but i cleaned up the server, deleting all of the toons there, and tried again. it copied just fine. i was having a problem with my hotbars messing up, but i deleted all uisettings and recopied my main uisettings to the folder, changed the name to beta and it was fine again.

i have never done a full download. over a year ago i decided to try beta and i simply started the download, stopped it, and copied my folders of music and paks. then i let it finished, which took it a few minutes. when i went to do the same this time, i had forgotten which folders to copy. I had gotten a new harddrive so i no longer had the files set up. this thread reminded me of what to do. I once again started the download, stopped it, copied the two folders and restarted it. i then copied my main ui and my recent file over. i opened the recent file and went to the autoload line and changed the server name to beta, then saved. after that i had no problems. i didn't have to redo my hotbars at all.

I did find however, that the best toon to do this on was my wizard with her aoe nukes. i found lizards in a small pond and had it done in no time. this was in timerous deep. i simply camped, deleted her, logged to the us server, recopied her, and logged back in each time to get the mount for several of my tradeskill toons. worked perfectly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.