Beta Test This Weekend and Earn a Mount!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Roshen, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sucuri Active Member

How to get the Sokokar - 250 mobs dead achievement!

Grey mobs give credit as well as ones that con.

Fastest way so far is to mentor down 5-10 levels above the mobs, agro everthing in sight, AOE your heart out.

At the moment, Frostfang Sea, Darklight Woods, Obol Plains, Greater Faydark, Thundering Steeps, Sinking Sands, are working
    (please note, not every single mob works, but these zones do have credit!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zones that did work, but are no longer working - Moors of Ykesha, Nektulos, Feerott, Kylong Plains, Commonlands, Pillar of Flames, Butcerblock Mountains, Enchanted Lands, Rivervale

The counter can be found under J (journal) - Achievements - Promotions
    (make sure you click on the achievement to see the counter should look like 0/250 new)

(sorry for re posting so many times, 35 mins editing limit is stupid :p )
    Lonsen likes this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

yes i have tried it on 3 toons so far on two different accounts. mind telling me what mobs worked for you? i went to every zone you listed. I tried mentoring down and i tried without mentoring. I killed multiple types of mobs in each zone. my kill list stays at 0/250. it doesn't move. the reason i asked which mobs you were killing is because maybe i am killing the wrong ones. but for some reason, it isn't working for me

have to fix supper. after that i will try again.
  3. Character Member

Doing this at 1 fps should net something more than a mount. This is so not fun.
  4. Grouse Active Member

If you get the error "Could not find the world "insert your world here", followed by a "Trying to login to server #1", then you must have selected a character at the base login screen. The Beta characters don't seem to be listed, so you are trying to login to your live server character.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

kk it is working for me now after i camped and came back in
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  6. Kiniene New Member

I have 0 of 6 houses or my Guild Hall available on test.
  7. Sucuri Active Member

Glad it is, seems we both went to make dinner at the same time, just got back haha!
    suka likes this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

if you are getting that error, you probably either copied your ui file over without changing the name of your server to beta or you copied your recent file without editing it and changing the name of your server to beta
  9. Lonsen Member

No complaint here, I really appreciate it! My army of alts thank you!
  10. suka Well-Known Member

thank you for your help
  11. Sucuri Active Member

I feel you....19 down, 7 to go!

been trying to put this info into general chat whenever someone asks for it as well, makes it easy to copy and post from here :D

Anyone else think there should be an achievement tracker check box? ;)
    suka likes this.
  12. Drizzly New Member

sigh. i get the black screen trying to log in too... endless black screen... tried several times over the weekend. BTW: if it helps, i also can not start a new character on the BETA. it seems that i can see none of the characters before i try to zone in... i.e., none of the two i copied to beta... and none of the models for new characters. perhaps this is part of the hang up?
  13. Grouse Active Member

Logged in with another account.
    • She only had one normal room, where the rent was due.
      • paid the rent and verified that everything was in its correct place
    • Was able to complete the achievement.
  14. Grouse Active Member

I had not problems just now in faydwer, hunting orcs under the trees.
  15. Wanderingbat Active Member

You misunderstood as well as Suka did. I did not mean just new people I also stated old people that have been here awhile either or. I was not being "better than thou" because I am not. I am just tired of reading these posts where people are screaming at the devs and telling them this basically sucks because they can't get their sokokor. A new company just bought us and I can just bet they are pulling their hair out. I apologize if you thought I didn't want new folks there. That is totally not what I meant.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

i don't have houses, but you shouldn't expect your guild to show up at all. this is a totally different server and unless you get the right amount of people of the right alignment together in the right city, and create a guild on beta, you won't be in a guild there. your toon did not come over, only a copy of your toon did. which makes it a totally different toon on a totally different server.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

it really shouldn't have been said at all. if they keep trying, that is up to them. if they want the achievement, i can totally understand the feeling of not getting to have an achievement that others have. i didn't need more mounts, but i wanted the achievement. anyone who wants it should be able to get it. after all, it is their game too.

if you are tired of reading their posts, there is a simple solution. skip past them. you don't have to read every post.

and i didn't think that you meant you didn't want people in the game, but i did get the distinct impression that you felt other people weren't needed and should stay on live. that isn't really fair. what i meant when i said that i hope newcomers didn't judge all of us by you was that i hoped they didn't take away from that the feeling that they weren't welcome to quests and achievements and beta testing because we would all be like you and tell them to stay on live.
  18. Hexenbiest New Member

once i did a full download, i could see my copied toon. killing things went fine, i just killed truth and coin in majdul, since that is where i was. none of my houses copied over, but i bought a new one easy, and everything worked fine. zoned right in, was able to place things and move stuff.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

neither did i so i went and bought 3 houses. they aren't prestige but i was able to test them and had no problems with placement, transporters or anything else.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

it looks to me like the main problem this new thing we are testing will be to make sure it works well enough on live that people won't have problems logging in. the problem may only affect the beta server. but as for as the idea itself, looks like the bugs are ironed out. i still don't have houses, but i think that is beta and not the test. we probably won't have any problems with those on live servers.

everything i tested worked out well in the end. i got the achievement on three toons. i was able to harvest in the zones. my pack pony worked properly. my toons copied over with all of their inventory and mercs correct. they weren't missing anything except the houses. i tested the house decorating and had no problem at all with it. the placement worked for me. the only thing i didn't do was save the files and reload. i tried to load a basic house but those files were on the live server and i didn't copy them to beta. otherwise, i found no other problems.

the achievement was the only thing i had problems with at first but it finally started working. did i leave anything out? it looks good to me. i had no lag unlike some other people in the game did. in fact, once the achievement started working i had no problems at all. so now i can go stick a toon in brells bar and hand out backpacks and maybe get some stuff done this evening

• If you used /betacopy, is your character in the EXACT same state you left it on live? yes
    • Enter/Exit Housing & Decorate did - no problem
    • Contested Dungeons like High Keep didn't check that- figured someone else would
    • Lock-out timers of various types didn't check
    • Broker functionality worked great for me
    • Guild functions, changes, updates don't have a guild but my daily objectives updated just fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.