DDOS Attack ongoing.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Deornwulf, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Honestly whether it is or isn't a DDOS attack, giving them attention is exactly what they crave. I can make a tweet claiming to be hacking as well. More likely they're just some basement dwellers that need a hug.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

do this- it might send a message. go to their site. in the upper right corner of each post and picture there is an arrow button. click it and choose i don't like this. go through the next few windows to report it to facebook. make sure you choose things like it is violent, it shows illegal activity, etc so they will know we object and why. then maybe, just maybe, facebook will have the guts to ban them.

btw, facebook does not tell them who reported them
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Strings like this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

these don't just make a tweet. they are in headlines everywhere. if you pick up a snake and give it a hug, do you not expect the bite that comes afterward? time to be realistic about those who threaten us. violence is still violence. cyber terrorism is still terrorism. time to wake up and realize this isn't the '50's anymore.
  4. Lygerr Active Member

for some reason I'm not believing this is a DDOS attack. if it is then I would apologize but I hear too many lies and excuses these days to believe anything anyone sais.
  5. Steve-O-reno New Member

I think this is the only way Lizards can get erections, but when that happens I believe they don't know what to do with them.
  6. Valzen Well-Known Member

I'm afraid it's way more than that. These people are commissioned (PAID) by requestors to do these attacks. It's their means of financial support. Not only are they doing the DDoS attacks, they threaten with bombs, etc, too.
    You can read about it here: http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/01/another-lizard-arrested-lizard-lair-hacked/
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  7. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Problem is I suspect, is that most of these machines belong to hundreds/thousands of John/Jane Doe's out there that can't be bothered to install or update their antivirus/malware protection software. I doubt very much the Lizard Squad is more than an handful of virus writers infecting whatever machines they can get their "virtual" hands on

And it would come as no great surprise to find that some of this Lizard infection has leaked within DB Towers.

Cazic's revenge I'm guessing. :D
  8. sleev New Member

WOW it seems that the people that got layed off are more of the babies then half the wieners in the game of "if I don't get what I want as fast as I can" then everyone has to hear about it and piss the people off in the game that just want to have a good time and just play.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

If only.

I'll say the usual. Wish they would find something constructive to do instead.
  10. Xariama_AB Member

I'd give my thoughts on these script kiddies (one lives in the UK, I do know this), but they're well known and well documented.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. redindus Active Member

Its not just the lizard squads doing it, its more than you think. Most hits came from China, somewhere near Shanghai regions and others are scatter out in Europe and other small places. Even if we manage to backfire and damage their pcs, it is very easy to replace or even repair them. Building a decent pc are cheap to build.

Some of these countries, esp in China wont let us go in there and put a stop to it. Only way we can deal with these hackers is send some agents over there. Just like the economy back in the 90's when Clinton sign trade agreements with China, it started to kill many US jobs. There are a lot of things we shouldn't buy from China, most are defective or not safe. Sorry I have to say I don't like the Communist at all.

Triton or Rift got hit pretty bad time to time usually on the weekends, they manage to trace the attacks like I mention above. Sadly we have to deal with this issues, who know for how long. Cant wait til we do some serious damage back to them. Don't think we can take them to court, wont be like that in China, all I can say is terminate them, otherwise it would national security issues. But someone gotta do the dirty works.
    Meredithe_Soulsfire and suka like this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

you obviously didn't read the website:
    Lizard Squad
    Yesterday at 11:19am ·
    Time to wake up our Laser Beams!
    'Like' for Xbox Live.
    'Share for PlayStation.
    Comment for a website.

among other things like waiting for the feds to come get them and sony, microsoft look out.

and their tweet of h1z1 offline.

yes this is a serious attack by the infamous group who need a good spanking. young whippersnappers
  13. suka Well-Known Member

yeah it's part of the day and age we live in. unfortunately no one is immune. we all get affected in one way or another.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

game is back up - launcher is fixed - way to go team. love you all- one more strike for the good guys
  15. Gharyn Well-Known Member

DDOS attacks are done by botnets around the world which are hundreds of thousands of computers that have been compromised and are under the control of just a few people. All the owners of the attacking computers are guilty of is not securing their computers properly. You could be part of a botnet and not know it. So destroying the attacking computers does nothing to the perpetrators -- they just phish for more.
  16. Gourdon Well-Known Member

They've been messing with ISIS too, but I'm not sure they've actually been helpful.
  17. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Not for me it isn't, still black screen on launcher, also .exe. Even with computer reboot beforehand.
  18. appathy Member

same not working for me
  19. Gulaep Well-Known Member

I even tried typing cmd in the Run box to open the command window and in that I typed ipconfig /flushdns but even then it still won't connect properly.
  20. Gulaep Well-Known Member

1. I have tried rebooting the computer and running the launcher, waiting 10 minutes or so. I don't even get the little launcher update window any more, launcher goes black.

2. I have tried running the .exe file, waiting 10 minutes or so. I don't even get the little launcher update window any more, window goes black.

3. I have tried flushing the dns via the run box cmd window typing ipconfig /flushdns, rebooting computer after then repeating steps 1 and 2 above, all I get is a black window with no launcher update window.

I see from the server status page that population is high on Antonia Bayle where I play.

If any of you who got in did anything special to do so, can you please share what it is you did?

Thanks.

EDIT: I am trying to connect from Arizona if that makes any difference.