Improving Our Alternate Advancement (AA) System

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Dec 12, 2014.

1. oldskool Active Member

So if someone puts their slider on 100% XP - and power levels their toon to level 90 - they will 'magically' have 280 AA at that point?
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter WHERE you put your AA slider. At level 90, you will have at least 280 AA. I guarantee it.
    Danejasho, Shmogre and Loredena like this.
  3. Hijinx Well-Known Member

Really a great change!! Thank you so much!
    Danejasho likes this.
  4. Carni Active Member

Implementing the EQ1 system for AA's is what would have been really good for us. This does nothing for me or the people I play with.
    Keedahm, Boar and konofo like this.
  5. floofloobunny Active Member

soooo, does this mean I will get a refund for the AA bauble I bought for Cyber Monday 11 days ago? Methinks this is in bad form to have had that item (and dungeon maker stuff) for regular sale when you guys obviously planned this for awhile (longer than 11 days ago).

This is a great feature but Id like a refund on that bauble please.
    Gaealiege and Nooloon like this.
  6. Nefarious Member

Hold on to it, it will give you 320 AA instead.
  7. Hijinx Well-Known Member

It doesn't affect me at all either. But I can accept that changes that don't benefit me personally can still be good :)
  8. floofloobunny Active Member

I "used it" yesterday
  9. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Now, if only we could get add/subtract AA buttons while in edit mode, that would be a real improvement :)
    Tylia, GrunEQ, Awkk and 5 others like this.
  10. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I approve of this change. :) Thanks guys!
    Danejasho likes this.
  11. Hirofortis Active Member

It is a nice gesture but does not really effect me since all my toons are over that area anyway. :(. I would like to know why you don't just release the limits on the individual trees. I don't mind having a specific amount of aa's to spend, just would love to have the choice to spend however I want in the trees. I bet you would find some very interesting specs as well as see aa's that are completely useless and should be revamped. After all, every aa should have a reason to use. Right now every class has AA's that are completely useless.
  12. Loch Well-Known Member

Very, very nice change. Thank you.
    Danejasho likes this.
  13. Dalandaree New Member

Just to get it straight: you can still earn additional AAs through quests and the usual sources before you reach 90? Then why arent we getting the AAs up to our level (which is lower than 90) additional to the ones we earned? This doesnt make sense to me, because its an discrimination of the earned AAs before the 18th Dec and the earned AAs afterwards (still talking of pre 90).

Dal
  14. Boar New Member

The main thing I'm not liking, and let me know if I'm wrong here, but is how you are punished for building a toon and taking your time leveling. I'm somewhat new to EQ2 with my wife and some friends from EQ1 playing. We aren't racing to the end game and are stopping every 5-10 levels to regear, check out all the content, and AA up. For us, this just means we are more than likely to miss out on most of the auto grant AAs. With a closed /capped AA system like EQ2 has, this makes sense, but it just seems ridiculous to discourage people from experiencing content along the way instead of racing to the end game. Just seems so odd that they don't autogrant no matter the AA count, and have expendable AAs to buy with over the cap points. I don't like crowded zones, or expansions though if that's what I've worked my way up to I'm ok with it. But like I said, I'm in no hurry to race past so much content on this game, and this AA change really basically rewards people in a hurry, and punishes those who aren't.

-Boar
    GrunEQ and Dalandaree like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The only issue I've had with the new AA system since it came in is the 87 headaches and hoops we have to go through to be able to choose our own paths on this. Fine, great, swell for a new player coming in, who doesn't know what an optimum tree would look like; in which case, there should be an option, I think: Basic Given Tree(s) (adventuring, tradeskill, etc. filled in) vs. Blank Tree: you get to fill in your points wherever you see fit. Or at the very least, rewinding back to the beginning should be a lot easier than it is. :-/

And yeah, one page at a time would rock.

Uwk
    Enoibia, Tierisch and Hijinx like this.
  16. oldskool Active Member

So they made powerleveling to 90/280 easier.

Before you'd get powerleveled to 89 or 90. And then you'd have to focus on getting your AAs up.

Now, you just powerlevel to 90 and the AAs are automatic.

This seems to go in the face of the other announcement about nerfing DM because people were using them to skip content.

Geez.
  17. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

If you WANT to grind the 280 AA's, feel free to lol. Nobody is stopping you.
    Danejasho likes this.
  18. Glammer New Member

I literally upgraded my HC last night. Can I open a ticket for the difference between the 280 and 320 difference ??? if the new HC going forward get 320 AAs ?
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am shure the players will be listened to :)
    sometimes they are being listened to to much
  20. Llwellyn Active Member

It's actually a boost and and answer to the people concerned about the removal of DM (one of the aspects of the removal, anyway). This is why you should not grab the pitchforks so hastily - massive changes to the game systems are not done in a vacuum and we do not have all of the information about other pending changes that may offset them. That does not mean not to post your honest feedback, however - that is still very much needed.

Removing the AA grind alongside the adventure XP grind from 1-90 just increased XP across the entire game for all-access members significantly. Unless you feel that you will not be able to adapt to not having more AAs per level than what you are granted, there is no reason now, if you have the ability to do it, to not set that adventure XP slider to 100% and leave it there until you hit 90.

If the AA experience is still more important to you than the adventure experience - you can still leave the sliders where you want and gain the AA much faster if you want to. Even before they make further changes to the experience gains in older content and (hopefully) adjust or repeal some of the changes that were made strictly to offset DM, this should be a fairly broad gain in overall adventure XP rate for most players.
    Tierisch likes this.