Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 2014

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

They have until TOMORROW NIGHT at the latest, at which point I will be forced to withdraw them from the contest and "close the gaps" in the assignments.

That doesn't mean wait until tomorrow night to grant JAZABELLE access. It means grant it ASAP, and if you haven't set it by tomorrow night, you'll have to wait until next year to participate.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Agh, all I can attest to is that I was extremely tired when I posted that as I had not gotten any sleep yet. Still, a feeble excuse for crediting the wrong person, and I apologize profusely, Jazabelle! Thank you to both Lera and Ocarinah (via pm), for pointing out my grievous error. :/
  3. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Because this keeps coming up in tells...

Yes, you may add your alts to your Santee's house. You may not add other people to the list, but alts are fine, especially if you need them to bring in furniture.

No, you may not visit your own home for any reason until the 24th, when the unveiling happens. If you do, the only person you're hurting is yourself, because you're ruining the surprise!

If you need to let your Santug or Santee know anything, reply to the PM I sent you on these forums or send me a tell. I am happy to act as a contact between you and your Santug/Santee.

Do not send me in-game mails unless you absolutely have to. My inbox space is at a premium, and if each of the 52 people doing the SSHHS were to send me even one mail each... well, mailboxes only hold 50 mails. I wouldn't be able to receive them all. So it's better to reply to the private message I sent you on the forums. Yes, reply, don't send a new one. For the same reason as the in-game mailbox--I have 54 PMs in my inbox right now, and it's easier to keep you all organized if you keep to one message only :)

Reminder:
    Ariannona, Ayafia, and Concu need to give JAZABLLE trustee to their homes! Once that's done, please reply to the private message I sent you on the forums letting me know. If you don't do so by 11:59 PM PST December 2nd (tomorrowish), I will be forced to remove you from the SSHHS and to change assignments around to accommodate that. As your other SSHHS members have already begun decorating, I really hope I don't have to do that!
  4. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

It doesn't bother me at all :) It's not just my event, but Homes and Tomes' event, and YOU all are doing the work for each other! I'm just facilitating it.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

for people who offered their furniture making services and such, how does that work? will we set up some sort of hosue or dungeon to deposit furniture to choose from or is it on a order basis? sent directly to a specific carpenter?

I thought house/dungeon would be a good idea on each server, and it can be trusteeed to many people participating, but no clue how it was handled in the past.
  6. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Just so my Secret Santa doesn't get too confused, I've changed Mathilda's name to Fairylily... Because I wasn't happy with any of the names I came up with for my Freeblood and decided that her name should be Mathilda (which meant my fairy Mathilda's name had to change). Everything else is exactly the same, though.

Any way to get the message to her (or him) in game so she doesn't panic when Mathilda's name isn't on her access list?
  7. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

In the past, it was handled server by server, by the people who were offering the crafting services.

The dungeon is a good idea, and if you'd like to start one on your server, please feel free to do so, and to trustee Jazabelle (or Jazabella for Oasis), and any others from your server. I will be updating the PMs later today with the information on who is willing to craft for which server, their hours of availability, and how to contact them.

Yep, mailing them now. Also PMing :)
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

ok I'll start some dungeon with big rooms on Splitpaw and name it SSHHS, can place a few blank notebooks in there so people can pick them up and write what items they need, signs might work well too.

I can place some paintings and things from vendors that aren't heirloom from good Qeynos, wondered if evil side also has some Freeport or other evil themed paintings that some could find useful but unattainable by goodies.
  9. crazyapples Active Member

I'm happy to craft items if so needed free of charge unless its those 50p rares :) as far as I know I have all the crafting faction items. If ab needs a warehouse for the next month I can donate one to h&t.
  10. crazyapples Active Member

Could someone help me out with Quellithulian Weapon Collection I don't have the faction for it.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I might be able to (I'd have to double-check), but only with Uwk on Crushbone. :-/

Uwk
  12. Rakuno Active Member

Well, as long as it isn't against the rules (I am not a participant, so I think it should be fine) I can provide the Sentinel's Fate faction items to anyone who needs it on Antonia Bayle. I got an alt that has pretty much all the factions there.

I promise I won't stare at anybody's work and just stay for a minute to deliver the goods. :p

If it is okay then just holler for Rakuno or Kahlef in Homeshow and I will get the alt to get the items.
  13. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I can post this here but does anybody have Ravens of the North faction on the Guk server? I need everything New Halas but sadly I don't have that faction. :(
  14. Aislynn Member

Splitpaw Server Participants: I was wondering if it was possible for anyone to buy some of the quested paintings (A quiet harbor view, qeynos gates, qeynos at dusk, etc) and put them up on the broker for those of us too lazy to do the quests ourselves (personally, I'm grinding some faction for my Santee at the moment - so not sure I'll end up with spare time). Would love to have a few for my Secret Santee to come home to (and some for my place, too!) :)
  15. Raelyth New Member

Is there any way to do a dimensional pocket expander? I would love the extra space, and bought one before I realized that you have to be the owner to use it. >.<
  16. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I am only decoirating someone's house and not involved in the ins and outs of this undertaking but I would like to remind people of this when whe first signed up:

Please DO NOT sign up if you think you won’t be able to finish a house in this amount of time. Last year the organizers had to scramble to finish the homes that people left partially done.
    • Please DO let us know if you sign up, and a real world emergency happens that causes you to be unable to participate.

It is the holiday season for alot of us . . . REAL LIFE will preceed all other committments. I personally would hate to see someone walk into an empty house at the end of this.
    So pleasea remember people . . . IF you find that you cannot fulfil your promise. . . it is OK. . you just need to let the the leaders know so they have time to get someone else to do it.

(Counsolor Q signing off)
  17. Aislynn Member

You can roll a new character - make sure alts are hidden - and then send it to your Santee in a mail, asking them to stop in and use it. Just arrange a date/time and make sure you save the layout before packing everything in a moving crate.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is true... ;->

Uwk
  19. SnapdragonFlora New Member

thats a great idea! thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Aislynn like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dear Mystery Santug/Santalug/Santaglug/etc.:

I was having a /talk chat with a Santug with one of my alts over on Test this morning (PST; the long-named alt of mine in search of Fresh Celery); something about getting another set of eyes on a project? It took forever to install updates for the server in question, and by the time I finally got finished, other things reared their ugly heads, but I managed to make it over to the residential area in question. ;->

The trouble is, I can't find the place; I checked everywhere, and there's no access for anyone by that name. :-/

Just to let you know; haven't abandoned you! :)

Uwk
    aka
    Ysbail (PM or mail me back!)
    and many others on Test, Splitpaw, and points west ;->