Bye Eq2

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Diveris, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diveris Well-Known Member

Well, further nerfing DM is the final straw.. just canceled all my accounts. This game went from great, to squeezing every dime from it's players and listening to every complaint some random scrub made. It's no wonder so few vets are left.

Have fun with your broken content, that players are paying to beta.
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

Huh, ragequit... wasn't expecting that!! LOL...
    Livejazz, Mathafern, Deveryn and 2 others like this.
  3. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Buh bye.
    Shmogre and Deveryn like this.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I love the irony in that post.
    Shmogre likes this.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Obligatory: "Can I have your stuff?" ;^)
    Moonpanther, Livejazz, Shiba and 2 others like this.
  6. Moose9 New Member

I don't blame him. He is a paying customer and has an obligation to express his views on the direction of the game. We can all be sheep and get ran over or hey just keep buying and drinking new coke and say oh well I don't like it but I won't say anything. Thank goodness people expressed displeasure over new coke, but hey don't show any displeasure over direction of game you are playing and paying for, just keep sending them a check.
    Grundge likes this.
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

Got to admit it does sort of stink that DM has been nerfed at this late stage. A large number of players have already leveled through it, why change it now?
    Guess it's the quick and the dead. Wish I had of already leveled through it now.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Never understood why so many responses to "I'm quitting" threads are non-constructive bullying and mocking.
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

Damn me too. I was going to do the solo questlines on each character then top up the remaining 1.5 levels in 20-40 minutes via DM.

That really sucks :/
    Charlice likes this.
  10. Grundge Active Member

I can understand his frustration, most of the recent decisions made by SOE really hasn't set well with me either. It seems like this is part of a bigger problem. Nobody can deny that Sony as company is having difficulties. Then you have SOE with their workforce spread thin due to EQ Next and Landmark...I can understand that from a business model you need to get money from somewhere and it appears they chose to dip into the EQ2 funding to support their progress.

I myself have stopped subbing, after tonight (or in a few days) all my accounts will be F2P and I do not plan to resubscribe at this time. But I am not quitting. I still enjoy the game. I will still be around and most likely resub for the frostfell celebration. I am a sucker for those holiday items. ;)

Anyway. I really do hope that your decision is not final. EQ2 is still a great game despite its flaws. Either way, best of luck to you. :)
  11. Charlice Well-Known Member

Same. I wasn't in a hurry because I thought, oh well I can always finish off with DM.

Should change it now from All Access head start to raiders head start. I can bet all the raiding guilds have leveled to 100.
    Have free to play started AoM yet? That will be amusing.
  12. Keedahm Member

They are just being selfish Feldon. Best thing you can do is just ignore them like I do...
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

All Acess beta testing. Iron out the bugs for the f2p players.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I had forgotten about the All Access vs F2P angle. This could be beyond amusing, especially if it's a SS style nerf.

Or, DM's could still be a practical way to level post-nerf, just not quite as fast. Even I admit that only 3 hours for 95-100 was a bit silly.
    Finora and Shmogre like this.
  15. Dmack Active Member

I just don't understand what the big deal is about DM. If peeps want to level outside the new content, who the heck cares? I mean if they are paying a sub and staying within the rules why change them? If this boils down to a few special cases here then note that they may as well turn out the light when they go because no one else will be around.

I personally leveled 4 chars outside the new zone in under 5 days and never set foot in a DM or AoM. I'm sure these zones I used will be nerfed tomorrow but I at least shared them with some who are PL'ing their chars up tonight (SOLO)

My sub ends today also but I am not leaving just yet, Just voicing my objection in way that's gets the point across.
    Shmogre likes this.
  16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think a lot of folks knew the DM XP was too good to last, but it would have been more palatable if the DM adjustment had happened sooner, and had been done hand-in-hand with some of the XP increases they made in new instances and the signature quest line (along with the fix to HKC). More of a "take some, give some" thing. Now though, as folks are saying, it feels more like it's punishing folks that went through the quests and instances first ("as intended"), thinking to make up some of the difference later in the DMs.

Hopefully Ynnek is right and the XP will still be relatively good and they are still a viable place to go (even if they aren't quite as "generous" as they have been).
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  17. LordTiras Well-Known Member

I think it comes down to this:
    The idea that you should be able to level through 30% of a level range increase in 20-40 minutes should seem broken to anyone. At rates like those, the otherwise silly comment "Well, hey, let's just put a button in each major city that a 95+ character can press and BOOM they are level 100" suddenly seems less absurd. We're talking here about going through those 5 levels in under 2 hours of play time. I understand that the raiding content needs max level, but seriously, if we're going to make the game support leveling to the current max in trivial time frames, then just put that Level 100 button in. Heck, just have the button give them full sets of the end-game gear, so they don't have to complain about having to play for two weeks before being fully equipped. This way they can be "the best" within 3 minutes of the expansion coming out. :p

(And this, ultimately, points out the issue - people want to get to "the end" quickly, but games like this aren't about the end. The concept of MMOs lacks an "ending", for the most part. SWTOR actually has an "ending" for each class, but that seriously restricts future growth of the game, and there isn't a lot of reason to keep playing a character once they hit that point. How many people keep playing single player games once they complete them a couple of times?)
    Moonpanther and Livejazz like this.
  18. Malfaer Member

Should have been nerfed a long time ago TBH. I'm not one to tell people how to play, but it doesn't seem like the DM PL thing has been good for the game. I doubt they intended DMs to be exp grinding zones, and letting it go on this long just creates precedence and makes it that much harder when the change finally is made.
    Livejazz and ColorsFade like this.
  19. Lucus Well-Known Member

if they want people to run intended content then they should design that content with decent XP gains through a healthy dose of combat XP and Quest XP
  20. Rhvaurek Member

People are quitting because its gonna take them a little longer to get to max level?

[IMG]
    Vainamoinen, Moonpanther and Kalderon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.