Bye Eq2

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Diveris, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

3 hours? The returns I was getting in a setup run by a gentleman from AB whom I cannot name were something like 70-65-60-55-50% per run at levels 95-96-97-98-99 respectively, and the average run time on a DM was about 12 minutes.

Way closer to 60-to-90 minutes to max out, perhaps even quicker on a DM that was tuned for max efficiency.

Now I move from the "get XP phase" to the "exploit Gold Rush Fever phase" and start moving some of that money I spent on DM's back to me via the broker and crafting commissions.
  2. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Actually they apparently did intend DM powerlevelling to be XP grinding zones.

Note their very precise wording for the patch tomorrow: XP gains for DM's will be reduced OVER LEVEL 95.

Which means it's still cool to Sony for you to PL yourself to L96 in record time via the DM's.
    Livejazz likes this.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

The good thing about people using the DMs to PL was they weren't in overland contested zones destroying all the content for people who were at the right level and doing quests.
    Deveryn, Shmogre, Livejazz and 3 others like this.
  4. Sando Member

i thing i still dont understand is
    why people have to take away options from others

your shoes doesnt fit you and so you dont allow others to have shoes? all go barefoot?

fight for more no decrease it
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. Elite Active Member

I don't even see the big deal. So, it's going to take a few days to level instead of a few hours.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Which they will be now...just as the F2P's are scheduled to be allowed into the new content.

I'm sure they will create nothing but good feelings and positive experiences.
  7. Mortam Member

Sorry to see you leave. After playing many other MMOs over many years,I am back in EQ2. I have found newer games to be very shallow and boring after the initial shininess has faded. The one thing that I never really cared about is XP. In fact, if I couldn't even see my XP bar I doubt I would care. For me it is about playing the game, not about getting to level cap. I have 17 characters, with none currently at cap, and that my friend, is a good feeling :)

Here is a test: In any MMO, hide your XP bar. Do you still like the game?
    TarnaX and Moonpanther like this.
  8. Sando Member

just a little of my thought

ex: + 100% each member join ( this applies to group only not raid ) also merc doesnt count
    so with vet bonus 200% + max Lv toons bonus + 500% from full group + 110%pots

i dont know if this is possible it will disable in raid or not . also how will Xp count towards green adorns?
  9. Xiatoris Member

No, the "majority" don't tend to come to the forums to complain. That sir, is the vocal minority. The "majority" tend to just play the game and rarely even come to this cesspool. No where's that cookie?

No, I don't want to level your toons for you. It's not my problem that you've got more alts than the keyboard bin at Best Buy. You can level what you feel is appropriate based on the options available to you. Why you think anyone else should be held accountable for your decision to create so many characters is beyond me.

The fact of the matter is, I couldn't care less if the dungeon maker system rewards instant levels, crazy experience, or crap experience. It really doesn't effect me. I tried it, and I felt my soul being pulled into my monitor. What I find amusing however, is the people that complain that something they clearly should have seen coming, happened. The experience gains in the Dungeon Maker aren't great, true. But, when you put THAT many monsters on top of each other, and make it THAT easy to swamp through hundreds of monsters in a few minutes, you should see a nerf coming. When you see changes being made to other "easy" methods of quick leveling being implemented, you should have seen that nerf coming.

MMORPGs have always had several grinding mechanics involved. It's part of the concept of the RPGs we all know, play and have played. Whether that grind is for experience, equipment, faction, currency etc. there is some portion that is expected to be a grind. The grind isn't even a negative thing as without something to work towards, you are left with a low ceiling and a lot of boredom. Hell, look at the last several additions to the game! How often did you see people complaining about the "lack of things to do"? How often did someone who used some of those crazy EXP methods to hit cap within an hour or two of the expansion release, just to hop straight into whatever content they "think of as the REAL game" sit around crying about how all they do is run the same dungeons over and over and over?

tl;dr. How about you play and enjoy the game instead of worrying about a prolonged play time. If you don't enjoy the game itself, maybe it's time to just move on.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Duo players running greyed out TSO zones for shard armor became so massively popular that 2 years later, the EQ2 team started putting in Advanced Solo zones.
  11. ColorsFade Active Member

Agreed.

I just came back to the game in August after a nearly 8-year layoff. It's an incredible game. There's a ton of content. And I love what they've done to this game.

If the XP in a DM is what the game is all about to you, then yes, move on.

The rest of us will keep playing, because this game is freaking awesome.
    Deveryn and Mizgamer62 like this.
  12. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Well quitting is fine. If the game isn't fun, you absolutely should quit. But posting about it- what's the point? It comes across as saying "screw you guys, I'm going home!" and so yeah, people don't respond well to that.

Much more effective IMO to post a rational comment explaining what you don't like. Something the devs can actually use as constructive feedback. I actually agree with the OP that a bad call was made.

Ragequitting just comes across as childish tantrum though- and will be mocked as the QQ it is.

Feel free to mock the mockers though. ;)
    Deveryn, Shmogre and Mizgamer62 like this.
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

If thats the reason they added AS Zones, then I'm glad my friend and me ran all those zones way back when :D I still use the T2 shard armor for appearance.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

It may be a case of post hoc ergo propter hoc. One followed the other, but one did not cause the other. But I link to think that TSO grey zones were so popular, plus how fun the duo Nights of the Dead event was, that it pushed the team to consider duo content.
  15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Xiatoris said:
    “How about you play and enjoy the game instead of worrying about a prolonged play time. If you don't enjoy the game itself, maybe it's time to just move on.”
    I think both of you summed it up perfectly! :)
    Shmogre likes this.
  16. Sebekian New Member

I am one of the people who like to play a lot of toons, I currently have 19, level 95, adventure toons. I can understand why SOE wants people to check out the new content and I enjoy checking out new content also. However, completing the questline to level on that many characters is a bit much as people have said.

Why not throw a bone to some people like myself and others who like the variety. I was thinking a really good idea that might make both parties happy.

My thought is something akin to this:

Once you finish the signature line on one of your characters/do the questlines in the new zones, your account is flagged with some sort of EXP multiplier similar to the veteran bonus but that only applies to level 96 to 100 to offset the reduction in XP gain in Dungeon Maker or other contested zones that people can do fairly easily to level their toons.

This would give people with a lot of characters a MASSIVE incentive to finish the new signature timeline and see the new content while also reducing some of the stress/pressure on them trying to level so many characters.

As it is, it takes about 80% of an expansion just to get 10 characters or so in even a passable set of gear for instances. I realize EQ2 wasn't necessarily made for "altoholics" but people like myself have become part of the game and it would be nice to see the veteran bonus increased immensely to offset the exp nerfs, or something like this flagging in place so we don't have to simply give up our play style because it takes too long to level multiple toons this expansion.

Food for thought...

-Seb
  17. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I think its all about balance and consistency. If they wanted people leveling and playing in the new content only, then they should have announced any changes to xp gains before the expansion went live. Also, if you are going to reduce xp gain for 96+ in contested dungeons such as sky shrine etc., then at the same time they needed to reduce xp gain in dungeon maker for levels 96+. Again, both of these changes should have occurred at the same time before the expansion went live. I think if it had been handled this way, less people would be upset.
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

I don't care...I think DM was being misused. And those that took advantage of it knew it. That aside, nothing a game, any game, does any more will ever satisfy this new generation of content locusts. They race for endgame, then squat on the forums endlessly complaining and "hating" everything any Dev team does. Man this stuff gets old.

Bye, OP....try having some fun wherever you end up.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I find it hilarious that a post about EQ2 is in the "off-topic" section.
  20. Taladin New Member

There needs to be give and take here.. If they want to nerf DM's fine .. then dont nerf every other zone to force the new xpac content down our throat.. And I dont mean SS. As is you can get perhaps if you are luck and do all the side quests 2.5 levels. The rest, your SoL, forced to do repetitive zones over and over or fight with everyone else over a contested IF you have the gear to survive it. The nerf to DMs would be so much more tolerable if they didnt nerf everything else along with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.